Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Flush with pallets of cash from Obama, Iran is taking aim at Israel
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Flush with pallets of cash from Obama, Iran is taking aim at Israel (Read 462 times)
USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Flush with pallets of cash from Obama, Iran is taking aim at Israel
Reply #20 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 10:49am:
That was Iranian money, improperly held for decades by America.

you are 100% correct!

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
Who the f*ck told you that?

Obama

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 4:04pm:
As if Israeli drones don't violate Syrian airspace on a pretty regular basis.

They want a bigger war.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #23 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
Who the f*ck told you that?

Pretty much anyone that isn't a Fox News sycophant could have told you that ..

But that money was owed to the Islamic Republic since 1979, the year the U.S. froze all the Iranian funds in American banks as retribution for seizure of the U.S. embassy in Tehran, as revolution swept that nation.

What was universally known as the Iran hostage crisis went on for more than a year, and finally ended with a bargain: In exchange for the release of 52 American diplomats and citizens, both sides agreed to resolve the question of money through international arbitration. The Iran-United States Claims Tribunal has trudged along for almost four decades now, and the money has flowed both ways. By 1983, Iran had returned $896 million to U.S. banks, which in turn had returned hundreds of millions in frozen funds to Iran. Today, private claims from the U.S. side have been resolved to the tune of $2.1 billion.

But still at issue as Obama began his second term was $400 million that Iran in the late 1970s had paid for U.S. fighter jets, while Tehran was still a U.S. ally. After it turned into an enemy in 1979, Washington was not about to deliver the jets. But, all these years later, Iran wanted its money back—and with interest.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #24 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:41pm:
Pretty much anyone that isn't a Fox News sycophant could have told you that ..

But that money was owed to the Islamic Republic since 1979, the year the U.S. froze all the Iranian funds in American banks as retribution for seizure of the U.S. embassy in Tehran, as revolution swept that nation.

What was universally known as the Iran hostage crisis went on for more than a year, and finally ended with a bargain: In exchange for the release of 52 American diplomats and citizens, both sides agreed to resolve the question of money through international arbitration. The Iran-United States Claims Tribunal has trudged along for almost four decades now, and the money has flowed both ways. By 1983, Iran had returned $896 million to U.S. banks, which in turn had returned hundreds of millions in frozen funds to Iran. Today, private claims from the U.S. side have been resolved to the tune of $2.1 billion.

But still at issue as Obama began his second term was $400 million that Iran in the late 1970s had paid for U.S. fighter jets, while Tehran was still a U.S. ally. After it turned into an enemy in 1979, Washington was not about to deliver the jets. But, all these years later, Iran wanted its money back—and with interest.

This is actually quite shocking to read, to be honest with you. It seems Genesee shares my surprise- someone I have a hunch has followed this story closely.

Indeed, there has been plenty of criticism of the Iran deal. But not once do I recall seeing anyone point out that this was actually Iranian money to begin with.

I don't watch tv so I have to put the question out there: was this something covered by the traditional media with Breitbart and Foxnews dropping the ball? Or did the media has a whole fail?

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Wally-Anon
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #25 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
JIHADIST TO THE LEFT OF ME, JIHADISTS TO THE RIGHT.

Israel is in the middle of an existential threat and Russia is backing the squeeze play in Syria and Iran.  Iran is using their terror organizations of Hamas and Hezbollah and Russia is providing them with more sophisticated gps guided rockets and air defenses for Iran's nuclear program.

Just as China is using North Korea to threaten the US and our allies, Vladimir Putin is expanding his use of proxies.  Welcome to the Cold War 2.0!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
This is actually quite shocking to read, to be honest with you. It seems Genesee shares my surprise- someone I have a hunch has followed this story closely.

Indeed, there has been plenty of criticism of the Iran deal. But not once do I recall seeing anyone point out that this was actually Iranian money to begin with.

I don't watch tv so I have to put the question out there: was this something covered by the traditional media with Breitbart and Foxnews dropping the ball? Or did the media has a whole fail?

I'm sure fox failed to inform, but it was the talk of all the media in 1979.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Wally-Anon wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
JIHADIST TO THE LEFT OF ME, JIHADISTS TO THE RIGHT.

Israel is in the middle of an existential threat and Russia is backing the squeeze play in Syria and Iran.  Iran is using their terror organizations of Hamas and Hezbollah and Russia is providing them with more sophisticated gps guided rockets..

Damn, don't you wish we had supported Iran's democracy back in the 50s. Imagine democracy spreading thought the ME from Iran.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Wally-Anon
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #28 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Damn, don't you wish we had supported Iran's democracy back in the 50s. Imagine democracy spreading thought the ME from Iran.

The aftermath of WWII was very destabilizing.  The maps of new emerging nations of the 3rd world left a whole lot of festering problems..and then there were US oil interests. As you know, the US Oil Companies and British Petroleum were the developers of the emerging oil fields.

" In 1941, after the Nazi invasion of the USSR, the British and Commonwealth of Nations forces and the Red Army invaded Iran. Reza Shah had declared neutrality in World War II and tried to balance between the two major powers, Britain and Nazi Germany.[12][39] The primary reason for the invasion was in order to secure Iran's oil fields and the Trans-Iranian Railway in order to deliver supplies to the USSR. Reza Shah was arrested, deposed, and exiled by the British, and some other prominent officials were jailed as well.[12] Reza Shah's 22-year-old son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, became the Shah of Iran. The young new Shah, unlike his father, was initially a mild leader and at times indecisive. During the 1940s he did not for most part take an independent role in the government, and much of Reza Shah's authoritarian policies were rolled back. Iranian democracy effectively was restored during this period as a result.[12][39]

The British soldiers withdrew from Iran after the end of the war. However, under Stalin, the Soviet Union partly remained by sponsoring two "People's Democratic Republics" within Iran's borders. The related conflict was ended when the US lobbied for the Iranian Army to reassert control over the two occupied territories. The earlier agreed upon Soviet-Iranian oil agreement would never be honored.[12] Nationalist leaders in Iran became influential by seeking a reduction in long-term foreign interventions in their country—especially the oil concession which was very profitable for the West and not very profitable for Iran. The British-controlled AIOC refused to allow its books to be audited to determine whether the Iranian government was being paid what had been promised. British intransigence irked the Iranian population.

U.S. objectives in the Middle East remained the same between 1947 and 1952 but its strategy changed. Washington remained "publicly in solidarity and privately at odds" with Britain, its World War II ally. Britain's empire was steadily weakening, and with an eye on international crises, the U.S. re-appraised its interests and the risks of being identified with British colonial interests. "In Saudi Arabia, to Britain's extreme disapproval, Washington endorsed the arrangement between ARAMCO and Saudi Arabia in the 50/50 accord that had reverberations throughout the region."[43]

Iran's oil had been discovered and later controlled by the British-owned AIOC.[44] Popular discontent with the AIOC began in the late 1940s: a large segment of Iran's public and a number of politicians saw the company as exploitative and a central tool of continued British imperialism in Iran.[10][45]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat#Background

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
So why did our via overthrow a democracy?

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Flush with pallets of cash from Obama, Iran is taking aim at Israel

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules