Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trump pulls page from Reagan playbook
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) trump pulls page from Reagan playbook (Read 210 times)
billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

trump pulls page from Reagan playbook
Feb 13th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
with deficits soaring to the point he created more federal debt than the cumulative total of all previous administrations, the Reagan administration found a super duper cool way to hide he ever increasing federal debt. No it wasn’t higher taxes on the people who depend on the government to transport their oil and tube socks around the world – cutting taxes on these people was what caused his debt increase.

It was a lovely idea, a brilliant light bulb worthy idea. He would simply let the states pay for his new laws, programs and regulations, thus no increase in the federal debt. Thus the Unfunded Mandate (someone tell the village idiot that this actually happened) became the new repug way to hide tax increases and debt.

Stupidly, lil bush tried to simply hide his insane topping of the Reagan tax giveaways by hiding the cost of his (now estimated at 7 trillion dollar war for profit) off the books. See Mom, nothing showing.

But now come trump with the playbook. He rips the page out, soaks it in steroids and givs birth to a debt to make all other debts stand up and salute.

Think of all the debt we can hide by selling water systems and highways to ourselves and while we are at it we can get the poor states to finance the rich states just like we do with citizens

Gotta love it – currently the feds chip in 80% on federal roads and bridges. This money comes from the federal tax on gasoline and diesel. Although it doesn’t meet the need, repugs have steadfastly refused to make trucking companies pay their share by raising diesel tax to offset the damage ddoes to the highways by these trucks, it is still federal roads and bridges.

Trumps plan is to keep the tax money for other things and  reverse the split and have states pay 80% to maintain federal roads and bridges, thereby busting state budgets and necessitating the need for poor states to sell off public buildings, roads, water systems, sewer systems, …

Smooth

bananas anyone?

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: trump pulls page from Reagan playbook
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 11:27am
Print Post  
I think it's more accurate to state that the federal gov't since the late 1970's has been on a spending spree. Under Obama, our debt went from 10.6 trillion to a shopping 19.9 trillion. simply staggering. Still, in Obama's first year in office he was operating under bush's budget, which had a deficit of a shopping 1.x trillion...unacceptable...

I think no matter who is in office, until term limits are enacted, a balanced budget amendment is put in place and no more riders on bills are allowed, the rules do not allow for responsible management by anyone.

I went thru the roof when I saw trumps proposed infrastructure plan - 200b federal $ plus another 1.3t local state money....it's stil all our money.

My first thought was didn't we reluctantly agree to a massive funding budget under Obama for infrastructure of shovel ready projects...well, the money got approved, and the GAO basically concluded few if any of the slated projects were done...but the money is gone...let's not worry about that...

it was just published that the DOD audit revealed 800b is missing...and no one knows where it went, can't tie it to any projects, purchases....oh well....let's move on...

This is not an anti bush, Obama or trump thread...it's to point out the utter and massive failure at the federal level. No responsibility, no accountability...we can't each come up with our partisan lists where both sides have failed and they are both accurate.

Can you imagine running your household, or business, or local gov't (let's not mention Detroit, Chicago etc)...like this. You could not. Imagine giving your kid $2,000 to fix a car...and then he comes back in two months asking for 2k to fix the car...you ask what happened to the other 2k and he shakes his head and says I don't know...

That what we continually do with the feds...

When the feds can demonstrate wise, responsible, accountable use of the money they already have, then I'll let them ask for more...

Until then, the best thing for the feds would be drastic and massive cuts of all the bureaucratic agencies that do nothing...the dept of energy comes to mind, IRS etc the list goes on...

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 11:27am:
I think it's more accurate to state that the federal gov't since the late 1970's has been on a spending spree. Under Obama, our debt went from 10.6 trillion to a shopping 19.9 trillion. simply staggering. Still, in Obama's first year in office he was operating under bush's budget, which had a deficit of a shopping 1.x trillion...unacceptable...

I think no matter who is in office, until term limits are enacted, a balanced budget amendment is put in place and no more riders on bills are allowed, the rules do not allow for responsible management by anyone.

I went thru the roof when I saw trumps proposed infrastructure plan - 200b federal $ plus another 1.3t local state money....it's stil all our money.

My first thought was didn't we reluctantly agree to a massive funding budget under Obama for infrastructure of shovel ready projects...well, the money got approved, and the GAO basically concluded few if any of the slated projects were done...but the money is gone...let's not worry about that...

it was just published that the DOD audit revealed 800b is missing...and no one knows where it went, can't tie it to any projects, purchases....oh well....let's move on...

This is not an anti bush, Obama or trump thread...it's to point out the utter and massive failure at the federal level. No responsibility, no accountability...we can't each come up with our partisan lists where both sides have failed and they are both accurate.

Can you imagine running your household, or business, or local gov't (let's not mention Detroit, Chicago etc)...like this. You could not. Imagine giving your kid $2,000 to fix a car...and then he comes back in two months asking for 2k to fix the car...you ask what happened to the other 2k and he shakes his head and says I don't know...

That what we continually do with the feds...

When the feds can demonstrate wise, responsible, accountable use of the money they already have, then I'll let them ask for more...

Until then, the best thing for the feds would be drastic and massive cuts of all the bureaucratic agencies that do nothing...the dept of energy comes to mind, IRS etc the list goes on...

Couple quick questions

1) why would you include Bush's 2009 budget in your numbers for Obama?

2) since Reagan started this message, there have been 2 democratic presidents and both have steadily reduced the deficit. During the same period there have been 4 repug presidents, have any reduced the deficit, or balanced a budget?

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 11:07am:
with deficits soaring to the point he created more federal debt than the cumulative total of all previous administrations, the Reagan administration found a super duper cool way to hide he ever increasing federal debt. No it wasn’t higher taxes on the people who depend on the government to transport their oil and tube socks around the world – cutting taxes on these people was what caused his debt increase.

It was a lovely idea, a brilliant light bulb worthy idea. He would simply let the states pay for his new laws, programs and regulations, thus no increase in the federal debt. Thus the Unfunded Mandate (someone tell the village idiot that this actually happened) became the new repug way to hide tax increases and debt.

Stupidly, lil bush tried to simply hide his insane topping of the Reagan tax giveaways by hiding the cost of his (now estimated at 7 trillion dollar war for profit) off the books. See Mom, nothing showing.

But now come trump with the playbook. He rips the page out, soaks it in steroids and givs birth to a debt to make all other debts stand up and salute.

Think of all the debt we can hide by selling water systems and highways to ourselves and while we are at it we can get the poor states to finance the rich states just like we do with citizens

Gotta love it – currently the feds chip in 80% on federal roads and bridges. This money comes from the federal tax on gasoline and diesel. Although it doesn’t meet the need, repugs have steadfastly refused to make trucking companies pay their share by raising diesel tax to offset the damage ddoes to the highways by these trucks, it is still federal roads and bridges.

Trumps plan is to keep the tax money for other things and  reverse the split and have states pay 80% to maintain federal roads and bridges, thereby busting state budgets and necessitating the need for poor states to sell off public buildings, roads, water systems, sewer systems, …

Smooth

bananas anyone?

You are bananas. State and local roads are not the responsibility of the federal government. Constitutionally, the federal government is restricted to funding postal roads and those needed for national defense.

You and people such as you are the problem. You and your belief that the federal government should fund everything caused the problem. You and your belief that the federal government should be involved in every part of our lives keep that problem alive.

The federal government holds limited power and scope, legally. People such  as yourself, who over the years have bent to and welcomed the illegal expansion of the federal government, are fully culpable for the debt.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
You are bananas. State and local roads are not the responsibility of the federal government. Constitutionally, the federal government is restricted to funding postal roads and those needed for national defense.

You and people such as you are the problem. You and your belief that the federal government should fund everything caused the problem. You and your belief that the federal government should be involved in every part of our lives keep that problem alive.

The federal government holds limited power and scope, legally. People such  as yourself, who over the years have bent to and welcomed the illegal expansion of the federal government, are fully culpable for the debt.

Reading ain't your strong suit harry. No one said the feds should cover all roads.

Just the ones that they are supposed to cover according to the constitution and from the taxes they collect to build and maintain roads.

Trump wants the states to pay for the roads he doesn't sell to his buddies.

Now run along to your safe Writer's forum where you can delete the posts you don't like.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
Reading ain't your strong suit harry. No one said the feds should cover all roads.

Just the ones that they are supposed to cover according to the constitution and from the taxes they collect to build and maintain roads.

Trump wants the states to pay for the roads he doesn't sell to his buddies.

Now run along to your safe Writer's forum where you can delete the posts you don't like.

Which constitutionally legal federal roads does Trump wish the states and localities to pay for, billy dot?

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

Really.. I knew that Seawolf had his religious safe space but Harry too .. that's embarrassing..

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:06pm:
Which constitutionally legal federal roads does Trump wish the states and localities to pay for, billy dot?

Federal roads, moron

But only the ones he can't sell. Gotta make the budget look a little better - sell the stuff we already own

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:09pm:
Really.. I knew that Seawolf had his religious safe space but Harry too .. that's embarrassing..

Harry wrote some moronic political tale about those pesky immigrants,
At the Writer's Croft", but he keeps deleting my comment - 5 times now - for saying that he turned the thread into a political discussion.

He must be some sort of snowflake.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:09pm:

But not surprising.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trump pulls page from Reagan playbook

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules