Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict. (Read 575 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.
Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:42pm:
What's the CNN take?  I heard something about someone saying it might be "a rouge element" of the Russian military.  That's rather hard to swallow.

I edited above to include links.  They all seem to say they were private contractors.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:42pm:
What's the CNN take?  I heard something about someone saying it might be "a rouge element" of the Russian military.  That's rather hard to swallow.

Rut roh kiddies .. Wally smells another conspiracy..   Let's watch what happens.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
I edited above to include links.  They all seem to say they were private contractors.

Queshank

Not buying that a battalion went rogue.  That is a bs story.  We will accept it but highly doubt that those on the ground think it was. 

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  

*sigh*

We're sitting here talking about how the news is covering this instead of asking the more important questions, such as "Why are we there" and "Should we stay."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Not buying that a battalion went rogue.  That is a bs story.  We will accept it but highly doubt that those on the ground think it was. 

As both the Bloomberg (in the OP) and CNN articles point out, these are contract soldiers, i.e., mercenaries.

They're being recruited by Russian private military companies and sent to Syria with the full knowledge and help of the Russian government (Source).

They did they same thing in Ukraine (Source).

This would allow Russia to maintain some level a deniability about what these Russian soldiers are doing in Syria.

IP Logged

Poor Wallys Almanac
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
*sigh*

We're sitting here talking about how the news is covering this instead of asking the more important questions, such as "Why are we there" and "Should we stay."

I agree with you.  There also is very little real discussion concerning the same questions regarding the United States current standoff with North Korea. 

This is worth reading...
http://risingpowersproject.com/quarterly/russian-pursuit-regional-hegemony/

(BTW, China is using North Korea to promote their long term interests as well)

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
*sigh*

Already stated I am no fan of proxy wars.  As a retired member of the military I am looking at this in a totally different light then you are.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #17 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
Already stated I am no fan of proxy wars.

And? Despite this, you seem to be more excited about the outcome than giving any serious consideration to the consequences of it.

Quote:
As a retired member of the military I am looking at this in a totally different light then you are.

By complaining about the news coverage?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:01pm:
As both the Bloomberg (in the OP) and CNN articles point out, these are contract soldiers, i.e., mercenaries.

They're being recruited by Russian private military companies and sent to Syria with the full knowledge and help of the Russian government (Source).

They did they same thing in Ukraine (Source).

This would allow Russia to maintain some level a deniability about what these Russian soldiers are doing in Syria.

I am already aware of it but I am telling you that they are not mercenaries nor are we going to view the conflict as only mercenaries.  You are right, it is a story that gives them cover but had they succeeded in their mission, Russia would have moved in to occupy the territory their “mercenaries” had gained.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #19 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:34pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
...but I am telling you that they are not mercenaries nor are we going to view the conflict as only mercenaries.

Duh. They're an extension of Russian military policy, just like they've been for a while (see Ukraine link above). 

Quote:
You are right, it is a story that gives them cover but had they succeeded in their mission, Russia would have moved in to occupy the territory their “mercenaries” had gained.

Syrian forces would've moved in to occupy the territory. Based on the SkyNews interview with some of these former mercenaries, they're nothing more than canon fodder for the Syrian regime.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules