Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict. (Read 737 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.
Reply #30 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:51pm:
You should take a look in the mirror.

MAYBE your approach does not relay what you intended.  You asked me a question and I stated I had answered it earlier, that I am no fan of proxy wars and I have stated in the past I no longer see a need to be in Syria. 

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
So.... What's going to happen if US troops are killed by Russians?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I am curious as to WHY Russia thought this was a good move.  I am curious as to how big of a force was in the immediate area.  Curious as to what our troops knew regarding the seriousness of the situation.  Understanding that the ROEs under Obama have been removed by this administration that has allowed us to defend ourselves effectively. 

Some of my questions will never be answered because those involved will not be allowed to discuss this for obvious reasons.  Very curious as to how Putin explains the largest loss of life in Syria at the hands of US troops to his citizens.  Long term and short term consequences and finally, what conditions have we set that must be met for us to pull out. 

Proxy wars to to lead to bigger and bigger conflicts and I have no desire to see this.  Why, because Russia will employ all their assests without regard for human life.  They do not care about nuclear fallout in someone elses land.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #33 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
You asked me a question and I stated I had answered it earlier, that I am no fan of proxy wars and I have stated in the past I no longer see a need to be in Syria. 

Thank you, I hadn't seen that comment before (may have just overlooked it).

What are the other questions/concerns you had about this situation? I am legitimately interested in hearing what they are. EDIT: Looks like this is addressed in your post above.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:02pm:
So.... What's going to happen if US troops are killed by Russians?

Greg

Great question.  I think THEN it would have been non-stop coverage by our media if the results were reversed.  I would rather we get out of Syria then to see this escallate.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
Great question.  I think THEN it would have been non-stop coverage by our media if the results were reversed.  I would rather we get out of Syria then to see this escallate.

I actually agree with you CC.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #36 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
I edited above to include links.  They all seem to say they were private contractors.

Queshank

thanks,  I saw them after I had posted my response.

I guess what immediately comes to mind, is what if our military's contractors had been killed by russian forces?  Are we to believe that there is no command of control between Russian military contractors and the russian military who are operating in the same area?

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #37 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  

First, thanks for posting this.

Seawolf wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
I am curious as to how big of a force was in the immediate area.  Curious as to what our troops knew regarding the seriousness of the situation.

Serious question: why would you be curious about these two things? I'm presuming it's related to rules of engagement, but would like to understand.

Quote:
Long term and short term consequences and finally, what conditions have we set that must be met for us to pull out.

Hopefully, Mattis prevails over Tillerson here. He has expressed a desire for a much more limited engagement here focused on ISIS and a draw down in US troop levels. 

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
First, thanks for posting this.

Serious question: why would you be curious about these two things? I'm presuming it's related to rules of engagement, but would like to understand.

Hopefully, Mattis prevails over Tillerson here. He has expressed a desire for a much more limited engagement here focused on ISIS and a draw down in US troop levels. 

I do too, the question is what is this admin’s end game for Syria.  Isis has been defeated so what is left that is so important to risk an escallation with Russia?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Demos, I am thrilled our troops came out victorious in a resounding way, I am baffled how Russia so seriously underestimated our forces and I worry about where they go from here.  Both of us are going to analyze this inside and out in every possible light.  There will be lessons learned on both sides and I am happy that we were allowed to respond in a manner that allowed us to win.  That took a big set of brass balls to do what we did, now let's get out before this thing spirals completely out of control.  I want the full light of the media on this incident to pressure our leaders into reassessing our end goal and commit to getting our troops out of there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. Troops 0, Russian Troops 100+ Major Conflict.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules