Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A Day In The Life, Part I
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Day In The Life, Part I (Read 171 times)
Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

A Day In The Life, Part I
Mar 1st, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
So the other day I got a hankering for home made fries.

But the little Oster small batch deep fryer had been left filled with older oil, and it was, well, a mess.

I dutifully drained it out into a disposable container, and then started the cleanup.

Oops, this is going to require the heat, time, and harsh chemicals of a dishwasher.

Fine. Got the pan in there, and the basket. Then I saw all the accumulated hardened oil splatter underneath the lid.  I could stick the whole lid into the dishwasher, but I suspected there were nooks and crannies inside it (like an aluminum mesh splatter absorber and a clear observation window. The window was particularly dirty. I tried brushing it with hot soapy water. When that didn't have much effect, got out the blue Scotch Brite sponge. Still no effect. I wasn't sure if it was glass or plastic, so I worried I'd wind  up fogging it with scratches. So best to put the lid with the window in the DW. And the lid would need to be disassembled to be cleaned in the dishwasher.

Fine. I enjoy tearing things apart, I told the boss.

Never mind that the little screws seemed to be of some Martian design that resisted any normal size Philips screwdriver. I got them out anyway. Put them into a little stainless cup for safekeeping. Yes, I've lost many screws before by not taking that precaution. Who needs another loose screw?

Got the metal part of the lid off. With it came a slimy rubber gasket. OK, put both in the DW together. Then the upper plastic part of the lid, which seemed to have the window attached. That all went in the DW too. Along with the fore mentioned pot and basket assembly. I knew better than to try to DW the heating element, seeing as how it had wires and an thermostat control etc.

After a couple of hours of the DW doing its thing, found the pot was pretty clean, and the basket not too shabby. The metal inner part of the lid was much better, but still a bit of hardened oil lurked upon it. Oh well, there will be more where that comes from, I reasoned. Then the plastic outer portion of the lid. It came out just fine. Except, no window! I found the window had fallen out and landed in the bottom of the dishwasher. It turned out to be relatively thick glass. Luckily it didn't break when it fell. It got clean enough even lying in the bottom of the DW. Fine.

Since the glass seemed to have a mind of its own and liked to travel, I decided to put it in a safe place.

The next day all had air dried enough to reassemble. But where the crappity smack had I put the observation glass? It wasn't on the dish rack. It wasn't with the rest of the Oster fryer. Not in any cupboard.

(to be continued)

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

Re: A Day In The Life, Part I
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
(continued)

It wasn't in the master bedroom. It wasn't in the laundry closet where I kept the alcohol I tried to clean it with. It wasn't on my desk. Not on top of a bookcase.

I gave up and went to bed. And it wasn't in the bed.

(to be continued)

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
It was in the golf bag, or the disposable container.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:25am:
It was in the golf bag, or the disposable container.

Good guesses, but... see next post.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
It wasn't on the mantle. Nor in the living room. Looked in the spare bath. Not there.

Starting to look like I'd never enjoy real french fries again. Yeah, I could bake them, but it's not the same, is it?

So I gave  up.

The next morning I went to make coffee as usual. I keep the 7 inch long wooden coffee stirring sticks in a 16 oz mixing glass on the counter near the sink. Something seemed different about it. On closer inspection, neatly nestled safely among the wood sticks, there rested the damn glass window.

Eureka!

I softened the blow of having not been able to remember that I had put it there, by congratulating myself for finding such a safe and secure location for the breakable piece of glass.

Still haven't made any fries, though.

But before I could, I'd have to reassemble the lid. Easier said than done.

(to be continued)
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:33pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A Day In The Life, Part I

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules