Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country! (Read 396 times)
Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country!
Mar 6th, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
And won!  Cool

Perhaps the pendulum has finished its rightward sway and is coming back?

Here, in the very heart of Trump country, West Virginia, the teachers and service personnel opted to strike for more pay and to get the cost of health care controlled. As we've an (R) Governor, Legislature and Senate, I thought for sure it was a lost cause. But, whenever I'd pass a group of 'em by the roadside near a public school, I'd honk as would many others. This gave me hope. A once strong blue collar, union workforce voted here. Then it all started to change in the 80's and 90's, accelerating after Clinton and the rise of FOX news. This culturally conservative (God and guns) workforce last voted for a Democratic POTUS under Clinton (barely).

Well, after years of no/small pay increases coupled with rising health care costs, brain drain, and an ever shrinking population, the educators and associated staff had enough. Always being told, "there's no money!" while billions of cubic feet of natural gas is pulled from the ground and shipped elsewhere, much to the delight of the corporate overlords in Houston, TX they'd had enough. Walk out time. No public schools have been open for 8 days.

Magically the money's available now!

5% for all state workers, thank you very much. All because what's left of union representation took a stand, not just for their workers, but for ALL state workers.

Cool

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country!
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I have no doubt that if Trump had the authority in WV, he would have fired every striking teacher.  But then, who would defend the students against active shooters?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 1:47am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 1:45am:
I have no doubt that if Trump had the authority in WV, he would have fired every striking teacher.  But then, who would defend the students against active shooters?

That Trump guy, he's evil.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 5:19am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 1:45am:

Then Devos could've had an opening to integrate their new infrastructure plan by building new charter schools in coal country. They missed an opportunity!

Seeing so many residents united in their support of the teachers and service personnel was inspiring. Not at all what I expected to happen and a sign that the support of the right wing agenda in a deep red state is not guaranteed. Looking forward to November.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 4:46pm:
And won!  Cool

Here, in the very heart of Trump country, West Virginia, the teachers and service personnel opted to strike for more pay and to get the cost of health care controlled. As we've an (R) Governor, Legislature and Senate, I thought for sure it was a lost cause. But, whenever I'd pass a group of 'em by the roadside near a public school, I'd honk as would many others. This gave me hope. A once strong blue collar, union workforce voted here. Then it all started to change in the 80's and 90's, accelerating after Clinton and the rise of FOX news. This culturally conservative (God and guns) workforce last voted for a Democratic POTUS under Clinton (barely).

Well, after years of no/small pay increases coupled with rising health care costs, brain drain, and an ever shrinking population, the educators and associated staff had enough. Always being told, "there's no money!" while billions of cubic feet of natural gas is pulled from the ground and shipped elsewhere, much to the delight of the corporate overlords in Houston, TX they'd had enough. Walk out time. No public schools have been open for 8 days.

5% for all state workers, thank you very much. All because what's left of union representation took a stand, not just for their workers, but for ALL state workers.

Cool

Quote:
A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country

Yes, the teachers union(public sector) Roll Eyes

Quote:
Magically the money's available now!e]

Oh they're not done. Someones taxes are going up Wink Roll Eyes Yes magically Grin

Quote:
All because what's left of union

Communist Goals 1963 #17 Get control of the teachers union

Bottom line: Teachers and our education system is vain. They got it because of emotion. Yep , let's pay teachers more money and fall further behind compared to the rest of the world in education

Nice job Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2018 at 6:39am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 6:23am:
Quote:
A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country

Yes, the teachers union Roll Eyes

Oh they're not done. Someones taxes are going up Wink Roll Eyes Yes magically Grin

Communist Goals 1963 #17 Get control of the teachers union

Bottom line: Teachers and our education system is vain. They got it because of emotion. Yep , let's pay teachers more money and fall further behind compared to the rest of the world in education

Nice job Roll Eyes

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 6:56am
Print Post  
And won!  Cool

Cool

Quote:
coupled with rising health care costs,

So instead of trying to deal with that problem , will just give teachers more money to keep enabling that problem all at tax payers exspense

Nice job! Smiley Roll Eyes

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 7:25am
Print Post  
And won!  Cool

Cool

I got stuck when you mentioned that the natural gas was shipped "elsewhere" which I guess meant out of state.  What does that have to do with teacher pay and whether or not to give them a raise?  Are you saying that if that natural gas had stayed in the ground or in TX that it would have brought in more money?

BTW, why didn't the union take a stand previously?  Why did they wait years while the teachers were underpaid?  It doesn't make sense.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 7:25am:
I got stuck when you mentioned that the natural gas was shipped "elsewhere" which I guess meant out of state.  What does that have to do with teacher pay and whether or not to give them a raise?  Are you saying that if that natural gas had stayed in the ground or in TX that it would have brought in more money?

BTW, why didn't the union take a stand previously?  Why did they wait years while the teachers were underpaid?  It doesn't make sense.

The implication was clear -- natural gas royalties ought to support state expenses (like teacher salaries.)  And the union no doubt did campaign for teacher raises before now.  But going on strike is a major risk for any union.  If I were running a union, I'd hold off on that until I'd tried every other option first.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 7:19am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 7:58am:
The implication was clear -- natural gas royalties ought to support state expenses (like teacher salaries.)  And the union no doubt did campaign for teacher raises before now.  But going on strike is a major risk for any union.  If I were running a union, I'd hold off on that until I'd tried every other option first.

Quote:
The implication was clear -- natural gas royalties ought to support state expenses (like teacher salaries.) 

That means we can stop property taxes and out of the state gen fund then for teacher salaries?

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Union Strikes in the Heart of Trump Country!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules