Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clinton warns of diplomatic 'danger' in N. Korea talks
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Clinton warns of diplomatic 'danger' in N. Korea talks (Read 326 times)
Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Clinton warns of diplomatic 'danger' in N. Korea talks
Mar 10th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  

I'm glad Hillary is keeping up her public presence so she can help this nation avoid disaster.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has warned that the Trump administration "was not recognizing the danger" in discussing nuclear disarmament with Pyongyang, and said Washington lacked experienced diplomats to handle the talks.  "If you want to talk to Kim Jong Un about his nuclear weapons you need experienced diplomats," Clinton was quoted as telling Dutch tabloid Algemeen Dagblad in an interview published on Saturday.  "These are people familiar with the dossiers and who know the North Koreans and their language," Trump's presidential rival said in an interview conducted in Amsterdam and published in Dutch.

The former secretary of state said, however, that the U.S. State Department was "being eroded" and that experienced diplomats on the North Korean issue were in short supply, with many having left.  "You cannot have diplomacy without diplomats," she said, adding "the danger is not being recognized by the Trump government."

Clinton's words echo those of Bill Richardson, veteran diplomat and former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. He warned that negotiating with North Korea was not "reality television."  "It's a real opportunity ... But this is not 'The Apprentice' or a reality TV event. It's a negotiation with an unpredictable leader who has at least 20 nuclear weapons and who threatens the United States," he said.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Re: Clinton warns of diplomatic 'danger' in N. Korea talks
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 2:47pm:

I'm glad Hillary is keeping up her public presence so she can help this nation avoid disaster.

I don't take the warmonger bitch that convinced Obama that overthrowing Ghaddaffi and attempting to overthrow Assad very serious on foreign relations.

She was probably the worst SOS we ever had.  Kerry did a far better job just trying to clean up the mess she made.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

Cuz talking is so inherently fraught with danger.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Maybe she thinks Trump should bring a “RESET” button.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  

Maybe she has a bold plan to sodomize Kim Jong-un with a bayonet and drive his body through the street on the front of a truck before it falls off so she can publicly giggle about it later.

Trump may not know what he's doing, but I have no interest in hearing what Hillary Clinton thinks we should do about any foreign policy situation anywhere in the world, ever again.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
Maybe she has a bold plan to sodomize Kim Jong-un with a bayonet and drive his body through the street on the front of a truck before it falls off so she can publicly giggle about it later.

Trump may not know what he's doing, but I have no interest in hearing what Hillary Clinton thinks we should do about any foreign policy situation anywhere in the world, ever again.

If you have no interest in what she has to say about foreign policy, why did you read the OP and then respond to it?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
If you have no interest in what she has to say about foreign policy, why did you read the OP and then respond to it?

You are confusing interest in her words with an interest in arguing that she isn't someone to whom we should listen.

I do have an interest in arguing that our country should never trust her with power again. Not because she's a Democrat or a Clinton. I'm not a big Kerry fan, but he didn't do what she did.

Michele Obama once said that as an adult, she was never really proud of her country until Barack Obama was about to win the Democrat nomination.

I have an opposite feeling. As an adult, I have only really been ashamed of my country twice: the first time was the Abu Graihb disaster and the way many on the right responded to it. The second was Hillary Clinton's giggling interview regarding the barbaric death of Gadaffi and the way many on both sides seemed to think it was no big deal.

Trump did the Democrats a favor by putting the final nail in the coffin of her political career. The Democrats would do well to keep it shut.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
You are confusing interest in her words with an interest in arguing that she isn't someone to whom we should listen.

I do have an interest in arguing that our country should never trust her with power again. Not because she's a Democrat or a Clinton. I'm not a big Kerry fan, but he didn't do what she did.

Michele Obama once said that as an adult, she was never really proud of her country until Barack Obama was about to win the Democrat nomination.

I have an opposite feeling. As an adult, I have only really been ashamed of my country twice: the first time was the Abu Graihb disaster and the way many on the right responded to it. The second was Hillary Clinton's giggling interview regarding the barbaric death of Gadaffi and the way many on both sides seemed to think it was no big deal.

Trump did the Democrats a favor by putting the final nail in the coffin of her political career. The Democrats would do well to keep it shut.

You are splitting hairs to electron microscopic proportions.

If  you don't care what she says, then ignore what she says.

It's that simple.

It's not about having your cake and eating it too, which is what you are trying to do.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
You are splitting hairs to electron microscopic proportions.

If  you don't care what she says, then ignore what she says.

It's that simple.

It's not about having your cake and eating it too, which is what you are trying to do.

I believe two things on this issue:

A: Hillary Clinton was bad for the Democrats in particular and the country in general.

B: We would do well to ignore her political advice and suggestions because doing otherwise adds to her power and keeping her from power is good for the Democrats and this country.

So yes, I am uninterested in the specifics of her words while being very interested in convincing the Democrats to move on from her.

If you find that hypocritical, I find your stance unreasonable, but I also find I can live with it.

PS I believe the country is better off with strong political competition. That's why, though I agree with the national Democrats on very little, I hope they take my advice. A strong DNC encourages the RNC to be better and vice versa.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
I believe two things on this issue:

A: Hillary Clinton was bad for the Democrats in particular and the country in general.

B: We would do well to ignore her political advice and suggestions because doing otherwise adds to her power and keeping her from power is good for the Democrats and this country.

So yes, I am uninterested in the specifics of her words while being very interested in convincing the Democrats to move on from her.

If you find that hypocritical, I find your stance unreasonable, but I also find I can live with it.

PS I believe the country is better off with strong political competition. That's why, though I agree with the national Democrats on very little, I hope they take my advice. A strong DNC encourages the RNC to be better and vice versa.

Hillary wasn't my first choice in '16 but I voted for her because of the  alternative.

I believe events since then have proved me right.

I am outraged by how she has been vilified and unfairly treated. From Trump's childish name calling and blatant lying about her, to Russian bots flooding social media with cruel, false attacks on her personally. It's disgusting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clinton warns of diplomatic 'danger' in N. Korea talks

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules