Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump had 34% approval rating the week before he won the presidency.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump had 34% approval rating the week before he won the presidency. (Read 759 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump had 34% approval rating the week before he won the presidency.
Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 5:32am:
Where did you get your numbers?  Percentages and statistics can be manipulated.

Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 7:52am:
Did the sources for all these claims get purged from Queshank’s post or something?

Are you guys doubting that Donald Trump had low approval ratings when he was elected and that he has low approval ratings across the country now?

Really?

I mean if you guys want I can share the state by state approval ratings map you can get from simply doing a "donald trump approval by state" search.

And I can point out which states he has 40%+ (as I said, NOT Texas) ... and tell you how many electoral votes each of those states have.

But honestly, if you can't do that and aren't interested enough to do that for yourself you deserve to lose the election anyway.  I've got my Australia backup plan.  I'm fine.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 11:12am:
Yeah in 2006 no one could imagine there would be a black president.  In 2014, no one could imagine a reality game show host would be president.  So i would suggest, just don't imagine.

Not no one Wadsworth.  Just you apparently.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
Meh, I'm not too worried.

Just a few states that were quite close last time and Trump loses in 2020. As long as we don't run Hillary, I think Trump's a one-term wonder.

And what are the Democrats doing to reach out to those few states besides encouraging their children to change their gender and calling them all stupid racists?

I've gone into this before but I'll do it again here in case you've missed it Mojo.

Hillary was not a bad candidate.  She was just a bad candidate to go against Trump.  Any other Republican from Kasich to Rubio ... she's got a good shot of beating.  Because none of them would have wrapped her in a shitty bear hug and dragged her into the mud for a wrestling match.  Hillary was a formidable politician in the establishment sense.  But like any politician used to "the way it's supposed to be" she had no idea how to deal with Trump.  And yet she almost beat him.

And the inverse is this ... Trump would have beat any other Democratic candidate as well.  Especially Bernie Sanders.  Bernie Bros can sit comfortably on their laurels with Bernie never having gone through the grind machine Hillary went through and compare apples to oranges.  But that's meaningless.  Get Bernie in one of Trump's Shithugs and see how he fares.  Let's not forget Hillary outmaneuvered Bernie in every way.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
The one thing Trump has working against him is the economic cycle. We're in the late stages. And two years is a long time.

And the banks are going to continue to raise interest rates. Trump's deficits will push them up faster and his tariffs will take a bite out of economic growth.

We're primed for economic malaise.

And that's never good for the incumbent.

Sure.  And there's always Russia too!

His tariffs affect less than 2% of the economy.  You're wildly exaggerating the impact they'll have on overall economic growth in the face of the other variables in play.  I haven't been participating in the tariffs threads but I have been reading em all curious for input.  And I think much too much is being made of these tariffs that are in large part simply a threat and a bluff to get Canada to blink and toe the line on NAFTA renegotiations.

There's always what comes out of North Korea as well.  And let's not forget the people banking on Trump crappity smacking that up are the same people who were convinced Trump's moves weren't going to lead to this but rather to full scale thermo nuclear war.

There's a sizable portion of the American population and especially the intelligentsia that are having a hard time seeing clearly through their anger and their bias.  That concerns me.

Queshank

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:24pm:
Sure.  And there's always Russia too!

His tariffs affect less than 2% of the economy.  You're wildly exaggerating the impact they'll have on overall economic growth in the face of the other variables in play.  I haven't been participating in the tariffs threads but I have been reading em all curious for input.  And I think much too much is being made of these tariffs that are in large part simply a threat and a bluff to get Canada to blink and toe the line on NAFTA renegotiations.

Just 2%?

Well that is significant, no?

But I don't think its that simple. For we are going to see retaliatory tariffs. That is going to impact exporters and it is going to drive up cost for other industries.

I would argue that this tariff thing is a much bigger deal than we are even leading on.

Quote:
There's always what comes out of North Korea as well.  And let's not forget the people banking on Trump crappity smacking that up are the same people who were convinced Trump's moves weren't going to lead to this but rather to full scale thermo nuclear war.

There's a sizable portion of the American population and especially the intelligentsia that are having a hard time seeing clearly through their anger and their bias.  That concerns me.

Queshank

Can't argue with that.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:15pm:
Not no one Wadsworth.  Just you apparently.

Queshank

Sure Roll Eyes

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 8:18am:
The way you word this is like a fighter in the ring with no opponent or fighting himself? Roll Eyes

A democrat doesn't need Texas in order to win Roll Eyes

No.  A Democrat doesn't need Texas to win.  But chock Texas in there with the rest of those states and now we're at 310 electoral votes for Trump.  You completely missed the point on that one Luther.

Quote:
You also seem to forget that Hillary's numbers were about the same as Trumps during the election?

Not at the start.  You seem to forget that for 20 years prior to the 2016 election Hillary Clinton was voted most admired woman in America.  20 years straight.  Her approval rating when she stepped down as Sec of State was in the mid to high 60s. 

Then she got into a presidential campaign with Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump.

Quote:
You also forget that Trump only won Florida, Wis, Penn and Mich by small town margins

And what have the Democrats been doing to court those voters besides call them stupid racists? 

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
No.  A Democrat doesn't need Texas to win.  But chock Texas in there with the rest of those states and now we're at 310 electoral votes for Trump.  You completely missed the point on that one Luther.

Not at the start.  You seem to forget that for 20 years prior to the 2016 election Hillary Clinton was voted most admired woman in America.  20 years straight.  Her approval rating when she stepped down as Sec of State was in the mid to high 60s. 

Then she got into a presidential campaign with Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump.

And what have the Democrats been doing to court those voters besides call them stupid racists? 

Queshank

It appears that you are contradicting what you said in your OP

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
Just 2%?

Well that is significant, no?

But I don't think its that simple. For we are going to see retaliatory tariffs. That is going to impact exporters and it is going to drive up cost for other industries.

Many of the people making these predictions are the same people who predicted thermonuclear war with North Korea. 

I'm comfortable with waiting to see. 

The AFLCIO is on board the Trump train due to these tariffs. So are the United Steel Workers.  Blue collar Democrats in states like Pennsylvania. 

The perception of reality is just as important as reality TL.  Especially where the economy is concerned.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
It appears that you are contradicting what you said in your OP

I don't see it.  Could you point out how?

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump had 34% approval rating the week before he won the presidency.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules