Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters? (Read 361 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

- why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
- why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - doesnt asking imply it matters? - why should it matter? - isnt that racist?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
the supreme court has ruled that affirmative action is constitutional and schools in many states use race as a factor in admissions...

it's not just for college admissions...bt often it is used as basis of decision making.

IP Logged

JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
- why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - doesnt asking imply it matters? - why should it matter? - isnt that racist?

Preparation
If 10 blacks apply for the job and only 1 white applies they have to prepare to reject the white even if he's best for the job. Otherwise left wing media will nail them.

GOING FOR $TH CHAMPIONSHIP IN 15 YEARS!!!!!!!!
Can LEAD THE LEAGUE IN THE 21st CENTURY
(Currently tied with SF at 3)

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBLate wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
Preparation
If 10 blacks apply for the job and only 1 white applies they have to prepare to reject the white even if he's best for the job. Otherwise left wing media will nail them.

Stop lying Roll Eyes

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm:

Why do you think?  It's the only way hiring managers can kowtow to the "affirmative action" quotas for minorities from the higher-ups.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Back when I was a sub-contractor on highway projects we would get a questionnaire from the feds demanding to know the racial make up of our work force.   I replied that I didn't know because it was unlawful to ask a person's race etc. on job applications, and I couldn't just guess.

The government definitely has a double standard.

The folks here who think that discrimination by governments against non minorities doesn't exist are idiots.

&&

IP Logged

JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Stop lying Roll Eyes

Lying? It was half a joke (Because that's not the real reason why), however it is a decision a company has to consider. You know if a more qualified white guy was hired over the 10 lazy black guys they'd get in trouble. If you say that's not true then you're lying.

GOING FOR $TH CHAMPIONSHIP IN 15 YEARS!!!!!!!!
Can LEAD THE LEAGUE IN THE 21st CENTURY
(Currently tied with SF at 3)

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
robth wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Back when I was a sub-contractor on highway projects we would get a questionnaire from the feds demanding to know the racial make up of our work force.   I replied that I didn't know because it was unlawful to ask a person's race etc. on job applications, and I couldn't just guess.

The government definitely has a double standard.

The folks here who think that discrimination by governments against non minorities doesn't exist are idiots.

In the aerospace and defense industries, it's blatant and pervasive.  Companies with government contracts have to report regularly on how they're meeting racial quotas.  Hiring managers are told that their "minority efforts" will be taken into account at their performance reviews - the message is crystal clear.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:16pm
Print Post  

well that's the kinda shit that happens when you have a society that for a couple of centuries did all it could to keep certain people segregated, uneducated & later seen at best as 2nd class citizens.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
well that's the kinda shit that happens when you have a society that for a couple of centuries did all it could to keep certain people segregated, uneducated & later seen at best as 2nd class citizens.

So true.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules