Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters? (Read 359 times)
Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
- why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - doesnt asking imply it matters? - why should it matter? - isnt that racist?

If it’s done properly it’s a monitoring thing.

Applications are aggregated; distinct groups counted. Then, separately, successfully-appointed people are counted by the same race/gender/whatever criteria.

This gives a measurable view on simple numbers of black/gay/white/educated/stupid applicants versus gay/Muslim/crippled/Christian appointees.

From that the politicians and hysterical pundits can go crazy and application managers can reflect on institutional bias.

If your application sheet with these questions on is seen by anyone other than HR before the initial sift there’s something badly wrong.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?
Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Simple answer: Race doesn’t matter at all.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:48pm:

That's racist. You're racist unless you express pity for those whose ancestors really had it bad.

GOING FOR $TH CHAMPIONSHIP IN 15 YEARS!!!!!!!!
Can LEAD THE LEAGUE IN THE 21st CENTURY
(Currently tied with SF at 3)

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Stop lying Roll Eyes

Stop telling him to shut up.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:48pm:

But Jizum, without race where would be 99.999% of your pathetic attempts at humor?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:28pm:
But Jizum, without race where would be 99.999% of your pathetic attempts at humor?

So the social worker visits a ghetto lady and asks, “How many children do you have.”

“I’s gots 12 boys,” she replies.

“Wow, that’s a lot,” the social worker says. “What are their names?”

She answers, “Well, lessee. Dey names be Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy and Leroy.”

The social worker is puzzled. “Wait. You named all of your sons ‘Leroy’? But what if you want to speak to one of your sons? How do they know who you are speaking to.”

The lady shrugs. “Oh,” she says. “Den I jus’ be calling dem by their last names.”

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBLate wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm:
That's racist. You're racist unless you express pity for those whose ancestors really had it bad.

Affirmative action is not a good thing. And it has nothing to do with race or ethnicity.
The simple law is good. As it means you can’t discriminate because of race or ethnicity.
The bad part was when the government insisted you employed a certain number or percent of a minority that lived in your city. I am trying to make this simple.
Say you have 100 employees, and ten percent of your area is a certain minority. So you better have 90 of whatever is totally experienced educated, and trade people to run the business, and 10 of that minority. Now if you can’t find an engineer, machinist, tool maker, electrician, computer programmer, or someone that has worked in manufacturing for years, and you still have to have that number and they don’t exist, then what?
You need a welder. No minority one is as qualified as the person available that you need. You have to have that percent number, or the government will give you a hard time.
You end up hiring two people when you only needed one. The experienced one, and one to keep affirmative action happy.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
So the social worker visits a ghetto lady and asks, “How many children do you have.”

“I’s gots 12 boys,” she replies.

“Wow, that’s a lot,” the social worker says. “What are their names?”

She answers, “Well, lessee. Dey names be Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy, Leroy and Leroy.”

The social worker is puzzled. “Wait. You named all of your sons ‘Leroy’? But what if you want to speak to one of your sons? How do they know who you are speaking to.”

The lady shrugs. “Oh,” she says. “Den I jus’ be calling dem by their last names.”

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:42am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
- why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - doesnt asking imply it matters? - why should it matter? - isnt that racist?

I thought that it was made illegal to ask race on applications years ago.  Oh dear, am I wrong?  Misinformed?

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:46am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
well that's the kinda shit that happens when you have a society that for a couple of centuries did all it could to keep certain people segregated, uneducated & later seen at best as 2nd class citizens.

So making a different race discriminated against is okay with you?  That's what it sounds like to me. Is it only against white people or is it also anti-Asian, anti Hispanic, etc. who can be discriminated against now??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why do they ask race or ethnicity on applications? - does asking imply it matters?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules