Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree (Read 1,054 times)
Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree
Reply #30 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:54am:
There's the punishment side, which has already been discussed a bit with the talk of sanctions.

And then there's the obvious but never discussed side where we stop conducting espionage missions across the globe, both the US and the UK.

If attempting to murder a spy caught spying is an act of egregious war, then what is it to pay Russians to steal state secrets from Russia?

He’s already been jailed for his treachery to his own country (as they see it; no value judgement from me).

‘Conducting espionage’ is normal for States (I used to do it myself) and indeed businesses.

There’s quite a continuum from just general background snooping up to stealing plans for the Firefox, using Clint Eastwood.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #31 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:43am:
What are people worried about then? What's the point here? We want Trump to say some strong words?

I agree. If Iran tried to kill a former Iranian citizen who was spying on the Iranian state, and the attempted murder was on American soil, Trump would likely perform a military response. I would also disagree with that vehemently.

Oh noes!

Gee, you are correct. A WMD attack inside the borders of our closest ally doesn't warrant even harsh words toward the source. How could I have been so silly and globalist.

Honestly, the point is Trump would have SOME response, ranging from strong language to a military response, directed toward every other regime on the planet. But not Russia and not Putin.

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #32 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
Do you remember what it was that Trump did to first catapult himself into the political arena?

He endeared himself to the uber-racist Right with his "Birther" idiocy .. Being the low-information imbeciles they are.. he sucked them in.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #33 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:51am:
Gee, you are correct. A WMD attack inside the borders of our closest ally doesn't warrant even harsh words toward the source. How could I have been so silly and globalist.

Maybe they're coming. Maybe some harsh words from Trump will soothe you, and you'll start to think better of him.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #34 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:56am:
He endeared himself to the uber-racist Right with his "Birther" idiocy .. Being the low-information imbeciles they are.. he sucked them in.

That was dumb.

And now the new scandalous "origin story" for the current president is that he's a Russian plant controlled by Putin because he once had some Russian women pee on him.

I believe these "origin stories" will be commonplace for the party that stands in opposition to the president from here on out.

You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #35 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:59am:
Maybe they're coming. Maybe some harsh words from Trump will soothe you, and you'll start to think better of him.

Why would he do that? Pressure? He hasn't done it yet. He hasn't even acted on sanctions he signed in response to prior Russian actions against the US.  You agree then his blind spot on Russia is glaring and inexplicable given his predisposition to attack anyone and everyone else at will.

And, your stupid sarcasm aside, you know it has nothing to do with soothing anything and it has everything to do with the continuation of his pattern of behavior.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #36 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:05am:
Why would he do that? Pressure? He hasn't done it yet.

Perhaps waiting on more information.

A link that limey included, perhaps on another thread, opened up the possibility that a rogue agent from Russia stole the substance from the Russian government.

Certainly, that would leave some blame at the hands of the Russian state, but there's no reason to over-react immediately (as some on another thread on the same topic did before understanding the full story).

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #37 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:05am:
Why would he do that? Pressure? He hasn't done it yet. He hasn't even acted on sanctions he signed in response to prior Russian actions against the US.  You agree then his blind spot on Russia is glaring and inexplicable given his predisposition to attack anyone and everyone else at will.

And, your stupid sarcasm aside, you know it has nothing to do with soothing anything and it has everything to do with the continuation of his pattern of behavior.

Rabbit’s sarcasm isn’t stupid.  It’s really good.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #38 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:11am:
Rabbit’s sarcasm isn’t stupid.  It’s really good.

I expect deflection sarcasm from Bert or Harry. If this is a Bert/Harry discussion then that's too bad.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #39 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:56am:

Yes, it was birtherism.

Doesn't this all seem just a bit familiar?

I know you're initial reaction is going to be that birtherism was false, but Russia-gate is true, but that's not what I mean.

It's the reactions of both Presidents.

Obama initially tried to use the birtherism story to his advantage. His strategy seemed two-pronged. 1. Refuse to give in to it and 2. Make light of it.

His goal was, I believe, to try to link all Republicans to the birther movement, thereby marginalizing the party.

Eventually, his strategy failed. He gave power to his opposition in the form of Trump and was ultimately forced to provide a birth certificate. By then, it was too little, too late. In his attempt to discredit the opposition, he empowered it.

Many think Trump is an idiot, but I don't think so. I think he has watched politicians and tries to succeed where others have failed.

It simply doesn't make sense to me that Russia is blackmailing Trump into not criticizing them. I find the idea nonsensical. It would make much more sense to allow Trump to criticize Russia all he wants in order to keep him in power while blackmailing him for something else substantive. I don't think Russia gives a darn what any President says about them.*

In other words, I don't think blackmail has anything to do with it.

I think Trump might be trying to succeed where Obama failed in using Russiagate to his advantage. Rather than mocking it, he seems to be doing what he thinks the Left expects of him, encouraging them to focus on that, while he goes and does whatever he likes on other issues.

It's just a theory. It could be complete garbage, but there it is.

*That does leave the issue of sanctions, which I haven't studied much. I understand the Left is upset that Trump hasn't put into effect sanctions ordered by Congress. I'll have to look at that in more detail though.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules