Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree (Read 1,049 times)
Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Re: Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree
Reply #40 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
Yes, it was birtherism.

Doesn't this all seem just a bit familiar?

I know you're initial reaction is going to be that birtherism was false, but Russia-gate is true, but that's not what I mean.

It's the reactions of both Presidents.

Obama initially tried to use the birtherism story to his advantage. His strategy seemed two-pronged. 1. Refuse to give in to it and 2. Make light of it.

His goal was, I believe, to try to link all Republicans to the birther movement, thereby marginalizing the party.

Eventually, his strategy failed. He gave power to his opposition in the form of Trump and was ultimately forced to provide a birth certificate. By then, it was too little, too late. In his attempt to discredit the opposition, he empowered it.

Many think Trump is an idiot, but I don't think so. I think he has watched politicians and tries to succeed where others have failed.

It simply doesn't make sense to me that Russia is blackmailing Trump into not criticizing them. I find the idea nonsensical. It would make much more sense to allow Trump to criticize Russia all he wants in order to keep him in power while blackmailing him for something else substantive. I don't think Russia gives a darn what any President says about them.*

In other words, I don't think blackmail has anything to do with it.

I think Trump might be trying to succeed where Obama failed in using Russiagate to his advantage. Rather than mocking it, he seems to be doing what he thinks the Left expects of him, encouraging them to focus on that, while he goes and does whatever he likes on other issues.

It's just a theory. It could be complete garbage, but there it is.

*That does leave the issue of sanctions, which I haven't studied much. I understand the Left is upset that Trump hasn't put into effect sanctions ordered by Congress. I'll have to look at that in more detail though.

I don't think they are blackmailing him and I don't think they control him. I believe it is some combination of things. Trump has long term business goals in Russia, or at least he did until the end of the election. Trump DOES have illegal actions in his history, such as aiding Russian money laundering for the oligarchs via his properties. He knows it and they know it. Further, he knows that at least Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Kushner would be on the hook in some way for that. He has (perhaps belatedly?) realized that certain things people did during the election were illegal. Things like Kushner passing campaign demographic data to the Russians, etc (and it will come out Kushner did this). Last, he probably has other issues in his business history that will become clear that could be influencing him. We KNOW, based on the Stormy affair he puts himself in stupid situations. I assume he did other similar stupid things when he was a business guy and not running for office. Did he do something stupid in Russia that he thinks "they" could reveal? Maybe, maybe not. But the business dealings are, in my opinion, the skeleton in his closet he wants to keep under wraps. Yes, he has fought off many legal challenges in his past, but nothing remotely like Mueller and that team. Putin doesn't control Trump like some Manchurian candidate. Putin already is getting what he wanted and would be fine if it went no further than damage already done.

And Trump can't even help himself and create the appearance of being tough on Russia or even being even-handed. His inexplicable inability to criticize, challenge or even in the most basic way appear strong in the face of Russian actions would be comical if it weren't so serious.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #41 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Mr. Trump has now firmly supported Theresa May.

Exactly the right thing to do.

If you see him, can you tell him ta very much?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #42 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Mr. Trump has now firmly supported Theresa May.

Exactly the right thing to do.

If you see him, can you tell him ta very much?

You mean this?

Trump, Pressured to Criticize Russia for Poisoning, Leaves Comment to Aides

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/us/politics/trump-russia-poisoning-britain.ht...

He won't publicly say anything himself.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #43 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Saw on the noon news that PM May has expelled Russian diplomats in response to the poisoning.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #44 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:41pm:
Saw on the noon news that PM May has expelled Russian diplomats in response to the poisoning.

And Cheeto Jesus has yet to sanction Russia for attacking our election system..

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #45 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
And Cheeto Jesus has yet to sanction Russia for attacking our election system.. 

Well, what did Obama do when he found out about Russian meddling, besides saying “Cut it out”?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #46 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:24am:
Well, what did Obama do when he found out about Russian meddling, besides saying “Cut it out”?

Obama enforced all sanctions approved by Congress.

Trump has not.

Which could be in violation of his oath of office, to see that all laws are faithfully executed.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #47 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:37am:

Trump has not.

Which could be in violation of his oath of office, to see that all laws are faithfully executed.

Can you please provide a link for this?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:37am:

Trump has not.

Would that include ignoring immigration laws?

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #49 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:24am:

Took their shit and threw them out.. . .  Trump gave it back.

Trump administration moves to return Russian compounds

The Trump administration is moving toward handing back to Russia two diplomatic compounds, near New York City and on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, that its officials were ejected from in late December as punishment for Moscow’s interference in the 2016 presidential election.

President Barack Obama said Dec. 29 that the compounds were being “used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes” and gave Russia 24 hours to vacate them. Separately, Obama expelled from the United States what he said were 35 Russian “intelligence operatives.”

In early May, the Trump administration told the Russians that it would consider turning the properties back over to them if Moscow would lift its freeze, imposed in 2014 in retaliation for U.S. sanctions related to Ukraine, on construction of a new U.S. consulate on a certain parcel of land in St. Petersburg.

Two days later, the U.S. position changed. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at a meeting in Washington that the United States had dropped any linkage between the compounds and the consulate, according to several people with knowledge of the exchanges.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Britain Accuses Russia of Poisoning—Trump Won't Agree

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules