Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson quits
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tillerson quits (Read 1,194 times)
Eric
LNF Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Tillerson quits
Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:11am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:
No false equivalence.  It's action and response.  Tillerson, who has been on thin ice for a while, criticized Russia in no uncertain terms.  The next day, Tillerson is fired.  Trump didn't bother waiting a "decent interval" to do it.

He was asked to step down on Friday. Lacking in your supposition also is any proof that one followed the other. The timing of your statements are off as well. If you have proof that is the reason please share it.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
I am catching up.  Looks like Tillerson's comments on Russia came during his unscheduled plane ride back from Africa.  He uttered that particular bit of disloyalty after he'd been axed.

There is this, however, from the WaPo article that broke the news:

Tillerson emerged as one of the strongest voices in the administration critical of Russia. For months, he has been saying Russia clearly meddled in the 2016 U.S. election, even as Trump shied away from any critical remarks.

That, and the "f-cking moron" comment, are the bits of disloyalty that likely led to his firing.

Good times.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:25am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:23am:
I am catching up.  Looks like Tillerson's comments on Russia came during his unscheduled plane ride back from Africa.  He uttered that particular bit of disloyalty after he'd been axed.

Tillerson emerged as one of the strongest voices in the administration critical of Russia. For months, he has been saying Russia clearly meddled in the 2016 U.S. election, even as Trump shied away from any critical remarks.

That, and the "f-cking moron" comment, are the bits of disloyalty that likely led to his firing.

Good times.

So was this wrong:

forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:
Trump didn't bother waiting a "decent interval" to do it.

Did you jump to conclusions because it was what you wanted to believe?

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Eric
LNF Staffer3

Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:23am:

Good times.

You may find an indication here. Should the NK meeting take place Trump may have also been concerned that he did not want an establishment type SoS akin to Kerry.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:25am:
So was this wrong:

Did you jump to conclusions because it was what you wanted to believe?

I'm not sure what you're driving at.  I said I was wrong.  I said that yesterday I read of Tillerson's comments on Russia, and that today I read of his firing.  I hadn't yet read the WaPo thing.  Once I did, I owned up to it.

Are we not supposed to comment on breaking news until all investigative reporting is complete and finalized?  Gonna make for a quiet forum...

IP Logged

Eric
LNF Staffer3

Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:32am
Print Post  
More

The State Department has said in a statement that Tillerson “had every intention of staying” and that he “did not speak to the President and is unaware of the reason.” Speaking with reporters about his decision, Trump cited different ways of thinking and the Iran nuclear deal in particular.

The move makes for a major shakeup to Trump’s national security team at a time when the administration is in negotiations with North Korea about a possible meeting.

“I want to thank Rex Tillerson for his service,” Trump said in a statement. “A great deal has been accomplished over the last fourteen months, and I wish him and his family well.”

On Twitter, Trump announced Pompeo’s move to the State Department, pending confirmation, and said that Gina Haspel, the deputy director of the CIA, will replace Pompeo. If confirmed, she will be the first woman to run the agency.

“If confirmed, I look forward to guiding the world’s finest diplomatic corps in formulating and executing the President’s foreign policy,” Pompeo said in a statement.

According to the Post, the White House said Trump asked Tillerson to resign on Friday, and Tillerson cut his trip to Africa short and flew back to Washington on Monday. The State Department, and those familiar with Tillerson, have said otherwise, insisting the two men did not speak.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:30am:
I'm not sure what you're driving at.  I said I was wrong. 

Did you?

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #17 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Eric wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:50am:
"False equivalence arguments are often used in journalism and in politics.

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two completely opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency."

I think this would logically fall under the accusation of "correlation does not prove causation"... not equivalence. But it seems rather obvious that Trump didn't like Tillerson's relatively mild criticism of Russia.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Eric
LNF Staffer3

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:42am:
I think this would logically fall under the accusation of "correlation does not prove causation"... not equivalence. But it seems rather obvious that Trump didn't like Tillerson's relatively mild criticism of Russia.

There would appear to be more evidence that the potential upcoming NK meeting was more of the catalyst for action than the Russian comment. Obvious only if one is grasping at straws looking for more implied collusion.

"Scientists are careful to point out that correlation does not necessarily mean causation. The assumption that A causes B simply because A correlates with B is often not accepted as a legitimate form of argument."

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:36am:
Did you?

Don't be a Harry.  We've already got a Harry.  We need you to be a Rabbit_Reborn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson quits

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules