Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. (Read 932 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I wish her the best. It’s a significant job with great responsibility.

My guess is none on this board, or at least those have posted so far, have ever personally been in a position where their role is to extract information from an enemy combatant, especially when the info is time sensitive.

I wonder if you caught one of two people in a remote area breaking into your cabin and the one took off in a car with your child, if you first reaction would be to run out and try to find some beer and cigs.

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 2:54pm:
And our use of it takes away our moral high ground when such is used against OUR troops.  I know, you don't care.

If the enemy tortures our guys because we tortured one of theirs then that's just war.  Our guys are tough and can take it.  it's not like I'm the one being tortured.

[/Jasmine of God]

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:16pm:

My guess is none on this board, or at least those have posted so far, have ever personally been in a position where their role is to extract information from an enemy combatant, especially when the info is time sensitive.

I wonder if you caught one of two people in a remote area breaking into your cabin and the one took off in a car with your child, if you first reaction would be to run out and try to find some beer and cigs.

If the people who've DONE the torturing for us TELL us that it doesn't work..and they do..  Why do stupid people insist that it does work ?

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
My defense of it: In war, you do whatever it takes to win. Winning is all that matters.

I have heard you speak in here, and I consider you a rational person. I do not believe you truly subscribe to this position. If you could win a war by destroying the planet, I am betting you would say that is a bad idea. There is a line, somewhere, where you will not cross.

Now in terms of torture, that's not your line. But to say you have no line implies you are irrational, and I find that hard to believe.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:24pm:
I have heard you speak in here, and I consider you a rational person. I do not believe you truly subscribe to this position. If you could win a war by destroying the planet, I am betting you would say that is a bad idea. There is a line, somewhere, where you will not cross.

Now in terms of torture, that's not your line. But to say you have no line implies you are irrational, and I find that hard to believe.

I don't.  Jizm is not exactly a deep thinker.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  

Might already have plenty handy.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  

We have thrown this bear around the room and the leftist refuse to budge so I see no need to rehash this again.  Waterboarding is effective and has been proven effective.  I am for any means available to extract information that spares our men and women in uniform and our civilian population.  Whether or not it is immoral is irrelevant when we are battling an enemy who refuses to acknowledge the rules of war as adopted by the Geneva Convention.  If they refuse to acknowledge this agreement, then everything should be on the table within reason.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
We have thrown this bear around the room and the leftist refuse to budge so I see no need to rehash this again.  Waterboarding is effective and has been proven effective.  I am for any means available to extract information that spares our men and women in uniform and our civilian population.  Whether or not it is immoral is irrelevant when we are battling an enemy who refuses to acknowledge the rules of war as adopted by the Geneva Convention.  If the refuse to acknowledge this agreement, then everything should be on the table within reason.

Fine with me, but we need to shut up when we are asked to take that which we dish out.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
And of course the morality of the issue is irrelevant, right?

Who cares what is done in our name?! Why should we have an opinion apart from what the government tells us to think?

I have *LOTS* of opinions that differ from our government's. You know that.

When Obama was president, he shut down torture tactics. I disagreed with that.

If Trump wants to bring back torture tactics as a tool, I agree with that.

So having opinions apart from what the government wants us to think depends on the current policy.

And "morality" depends on the individual, doesn't it? Your set of morals is different than mine. It's that simple.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
Fine with me, but we need to shut up when we are asked to take that which we dish out.

You can make your claim when we cut the genitals of our enemy and stuff them down their throat as ISIS did to our soldiers.  That was the acts of those who refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.  To me, nothing then is off the table when dealing with barbarism like ISIS.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules