Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump? (Read 212 times)
Not Wally call me Spartacus
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump?
Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
During the height of the Cold War, the closest this world has ever come to a nuclear war, was averted when Kruchev blinked and Fidel Castro no longer had ICBMS with nukes based in Cuba.  What Cuba got out of the deal was the U.S. signing an agreement with the Soviet Union and the UN that the US would never attempt to overthrow the Cuban government and Fidel Castro.  In other words Castro got to live!

However, the United States and Cuba have not maintained diplomatic relationship ever since. 

It appears that Kim Jung Un may want to establish international relations with the US and have embassies in each other's countries. In exchange for this, he may be willing to give up his nukes and his ICBMS in exchange for the same sort of agreement that occurred with Castro and Cuba.  After Gaddafi gave up his nuke program, we all know what Obama and Hillary did to him.  It doesn't seem likely that he'd give up his nukes and ICBMS without a fight without any binding comittment from the US.

If this happens, this is the sort of thing that the Nobel Peace Prize is supposed to be rewarded for.  Just Sayun!  Grin

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28105/kim-jong-un-wants-peace-treaty-trump-us-emb...

https://conservativetribune.com/sk-what-kju-wants-from-trump/?utm_source=push&ut...

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump?
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  

Not Wally call me Spartacus wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:10pm:
However, the United States and Cuba have not maintained diplomatic relationship ever since.

Didn't we renew diplomatic relations in 2015?

Quote:
After Gaddafi gave up his nuke program, we all know what Obama and Hillary did to him.

And what Bush did to Sadaam (plus naming N Korea in the axis of evil). North Korea has taken both of those to heart. 

Quote:
It doesn't seem likely that he'd give up his nukes and ICBMS without a fight without any binding comittment from the US.

On the other hand, our commitments don't really mean on that much - see Gaddafi.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump?
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Won't happen - the first requirement for getting a Nobel Peace prize (or lit prize) is being a liberal.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
Won't happen - the first requirement for getting a Nobel Peace prize (or lit prize) is being a liberal.

Uh-huh.

Never thought of Henry Kissinger as a liberal before.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Didn't we renew diplomatic relations in 2015?

And what Bush did to Sadaam (plus naming N Korea in the axis of evil). North Korea has taken both of those to heart. 

On the other hand, our commitments don't really mean on that much - see Gaddafi.

The treaty we sign included the Soviet Union (Russia) and the United Nations.  It would have meant war with the Soviet Union (and now Russia) if we had gone back on our world with Castro. 

However, Ghadaffi was an idiot. I'm sure that Obama and Hillary saw that nothing was binding us to the agreement and so "leading form behind" and now Lybia is a hotbed of Terrorism spilling over into northern  and central Africa.

Arguably, we could have controlled Ghadaffi far better than we can control the failed state which is now Lybia.

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Well carter got a peace prize for his intentvalong with Clinton and Albright to get n Korea to disarm. Instead they gave them nuke power, oil and cash that Kim’s dad used to develop their nuke bomb program.

Obama got one for all the great amazing things he was going to do but never did.

Maybe they’ll give trump one for actually accomplishing something good for the planet like bringing n Korea more in line with sane leaders.

IP Logged

Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Well carter got a peace prize for his intentvalong with Clinton and Albright to get n Korea to disarm. Instead they gave them nuke power, oil and cash that Kim’s dad used to develop their nuke bomb program.

Obama got one for all the great amazing things he was going to do but never did.

Maybe they’ll give trump one for actually accomplishing something good for the planet like bringing n Korea more in line with sane leaders.

Ond Obama got a Peace Price for being a Black guy!  Wink

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  

Not Wally call me Spartacus wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
However, Ghadaffi was an idiot.

For thinking that by getting rid of his WMDs we would let him stay in power? Yeah, that was dumb. Probably a good reason for Kim not to take our word on that either (I wouldn't if I was him).

IP Logged

Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
For thinking that by getting rid of his WMDs we would let him stay in power? Yeah, that was dumb. Probably a good reason for Kim not to take our word on that either (I wouldn't if I was him).

Yes, Obama and Hillary did create a problem for future Presidents, when they followed up on President Bush's disarming Kadaffi and then taking him our.  The United States and the entire world is now dealing with the failed state becoming a far greater threat than it it was under Kadaffi.

However, I think this President would rther have America think about our own interests first and foremost and stop playing both the world's social worker and the world's policeman.  (having said that, it's necessary that we stand up to Putin and his puppets of Iran and Syria right now, to prevent a real big war later)

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #9 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Uh-huh.

Never thought of Henry Kissinger as a liberal before.

He sold out south Vietnam - doesn't that count?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0: ending with a Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules