Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will Christians Give Darwin Any Credit?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will Christians Give Darwin Any Credit? (Read 2,324 times)
Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Will Christians Give Darwin Any Credit?
Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Or.... is it,  I just believe in Jesus Christ and that is it! Wink Huh
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am by Seawolf »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Will Christians Give Darwin Any Credit?
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:57am:

I will give him credit for being a very intelligent man, even if he wasn't the first to make the observations he made concerning the origin of species.  (He did it better than his predecessors, though.) 

I do not believe (but could be wrong) he ever made any comment about the origin of life, just the origin of species.  He also (I seem to recall) generally refrained from opining about the origin of homo sapiens because it was so fraught with peril. 

My only issue with hard core evolutionists is when they begin with the presumption "since there is no  Creator, then.....".  I know some "theistic evolutionists" (evolution is part of the creation process) and I know some who believe the Earth is only 10,000 years old.  They're all intelligent people.  The ones who believe the Earth is only 10,000 years old are, IMO, misunderstanding the overarching message of Genesis.  The overarching message of Genesis is "God created," not "God created 10,000 years ago."

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:54am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:37am:
I will give him credit for being a very intelligent man, even if he wasn't the first to make the observations he made concerning the origin of species.  (He did it better than his predecessors, though.) 

I do not believe (but could be wrong) he ever made any comment about the origin of life, just the origin of species.  He also (I seem to recall) generally refrained from opining about the origin of homo sapiens because it was so fraught with peril. 

My only issue with hard core evolutionists is when they begin with the presumption "since there is no  Creator, then.....".  I know some "theistic evolutionists" (evolution is part of the creation process) and I know some who believe the Earth is only 10,000 years old.  They're all intelligent people.  The ones who believe the Earth is only 10,000 years old are, IMO, misunderstanding the overarching message of Genesis.  The overarching message of Genesis is "God created," not "God created 10,000 years ago."

We will have to agree to disagree, there are many miracles that go well beyond our true comprehension of God that no man can explain.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Several events that man dismisses or scoffs at because we have a finite ability to understand.  Here are examples that challenges us.  God made the shadow go backwards on King Ahaz’s steps.  God made the sun stop during battle till the enemy was completely defeated, when Jesus was crucified the sun went dark for three hours and several historians speak of seeing the stars in the sky (video on Christian forum of historians who wrote of this event).  So who are we to question our Creator on what is possible or impossible for him?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
There is no supernatural creator..  The cosmos does not require a creator to exist.

Stories of creators .. (the egg of a giant space dragon.. the dream of a sleeping monk .. a sky man..)  are the result of simple men attempting to make sense of a complex universe ..

That these stories are still told and believed shows how primitive we still are..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:57am:

What exactly are you looking for?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am:
There is no supernatural creator..  The cosmos does not require a creator to exist.

Stories of creators .. (the egg of a giant space dragon.. the dream of a sleeping monk .. a sky man..)  are the result of simple men attempting to make sense of a complex universe ..

That these stories are still told and believed shows how primitive we still are..

Ok, your opinion but history states differently.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:54am:
We will have to agree to disagree, there are many miracles that go well beyond our true comprehension of God that no man can explain.

We already have.

And anything that's a miracle is, by definition, beyond our ability to explain.  Not just many of them, but all of them.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am:
What exactly are you looking for?

I think he wants to stir the pot a little. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:09am:

And a brick wall doesn't require a mason to exist, either.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will Christians Give Darwin Any Credit?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules