Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Soft topic
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Soft topic (Read 588 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: Soft topic
Reply #20 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
I did, but back in the day, that was all our parents knew.  We know better now.  I spanked my kids once or twice when they were very little.  But I warned them that it would be the consequence for doing what I told them not to do and it was just a smack on the thigh or leg. 

A friend of mine and his brother got hit with a weight belt often in the 80's and early 90's (3 sets of ten). Horrifying 
His brother has severe anger issues now, hits women and goes to jail.

Now understand something guys, this was a man that was hit in the 80's and 90's. Most of you are probably fine, but got hit in the 60's or before I assume?
Kids that get hit over the past 30 years become more effected then those hit in over 30 years ago.

I remember when he became a father he never did that to his. However he gave one slap on the bottom after warning the child 10 times.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #21 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Fuddy Duddy wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
Severely, and I mean they would have gotten some serious prison time were it to occur today.  The school even knew.  It got me out of dressing down for gym class due to severity.

Now, ask me if I believe in corporal punishment, yes I do.  I agree that there are times when a firm hand is needed to get the attention of the child, but not a belt.  The parent should feel every bit of what they're doing. 

Now ask me if I ever deployed this type of discipline in any form, no I haven't.  I was not confident that I would use correctly, and wanted to break the extreme cycle of abuse I experienced.  I'm sure that my kids will use it though. 

I think its pretty rare for a child who was not hit, to hit.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
I guess I was lucky. My father never hit me. He did yell at me once that I can remember. I had thrown a coffee can full of kerosene into a coal furnace that was lit. I was with my cousin Vinnie in the cellar of our three family house. My mom had a wooden long spoon that she stirred the sauce with when making it. And she would chase me with that, she didn’t hit very hard though. My grandmother chased me down three flights of stairs with the broom once. I made my aunt Anna faint by putting a big rubber spider where she would stumble on it for sure while washing the dishes.
I and Vinnie got our hands hit by a strap by the principle of the school, two days in a row. We beat the school bully up twice.
Wink
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #23 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:44pm
Print Post  

IMPRESSIVE, you out ran a witch on a broom   Grin

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I never did, but all three of my older brothers did. Lots of times. A lot of it was a cycle. They’d make me cry, I’d run to our Mom or Dad, my brother(s) would get whupped, and I’d cry some more at the sight of them being spanked. We laugh about it now.  Smiley

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
I think its pretty rare for a child who was not hit, to hit.

Considering that it is well known that you're a liar, why don't you back that up.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #26 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:23pm:
I guess I was lucky. My father never hit me. He did yell at me once that I can remember. I had thrown a coffee can full of kerosene into a coal furnace that was lit. I was with my cousin Vinnie in the cellar of our three family house. My mom had a wooden long spoon that she stirred the sauce with when making it. And she would chase me with that, she didn’t hit very hard though. My grandmother chased me down three flights of stairs with the broom once. I made my aunt Anna faint by putting a big rubber spider where she would stumble on it for sure while washing the dishes.
I and Vinnie got our hands hit by a strap by the principle of the school, two days in a row. We beat the school bully up twice.
Wink
Smiley

Damn! kerosene into a coal furnace? You're lucky they didn't hit you. If they did, it would of been bad.

IP Logged

Wally Wants a Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #27 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
yes!  I deserved it each and every time.  I turned out alright and loved my dad for everything he was and everything he did for me.  I don't do this for my kids though.  It's as different a world now as the good old days when making it home wasted was a badge of honor!  Kids can turn out good or bad with or without "the belt", but thy need a mom and a dad.  Today, parent's are risking losing their kids if they dare to do to them what was done to most of us.  It's the lesser of two evils, not beating them even when they deserve it or beating them and possibly having your kids taken away from you and them growing up being raised by someone else.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #28 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Fuddy Duddy wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
Considering that it is well known that you're a liar, why don't you back that up. 

I am by saying it. 2nd, Wadsworth is the only one that claims I have lied, just as he does to you and others that disagree with him. I guess you have something in common. The only time I lied is when I said "I told you guys Trump would win"
I have an education related to this topic, how about you?

As I said it is rare (I didn't say it never happens).  Often children that are hit at home hit other children. It's not 100% of the time. Some children that get hit don't have issues out side of the home. Often though you'll find they do have behavior issues at school and around their peers. They are less emotionally healthy. I don't expect you to understand that.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #29 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants a Wall wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
yes!  I deserved it each and every time.  I turned out alright and loved my dad for everything he was and everything he did for me.  I don't do this for my kids though.  It's as different a world now as the good old days when making it home wasted was a badge of honor!  Kids can turn out good or bad with or without "the belt", but thy need a mom and a dad.  Today, parent's are risking losing their kids if they dare to do to them what was done to most of us.  It's the lesser of two evils, not beating them even when they deserve it or beating them and possibly having your kids taken away from you and them growing up being raised by someone else.

You are a great example of people that don't hit even though they were. Were you hit as a child prior to the 80's? I don't know how old you are. I ask because this tends to effect child today more then it did children of long ago. 60s and before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Soft topic

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules