Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will Christians give the President a pass on his infidelities?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will Christians give the President a pass on his infidelities? (Read 706 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Will Christians give the President a pass on his infidelities?
Reply #30 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I am going to ask this again, exactly what do you want ANY Christian group to say and what is the result you want?  I know of some denominations that do not like Trump so again, you tend to over-generalize way too often.

So are you desiring the church to denounce him and ask for his impeachment?  What is it exactly you are looking for that would satisfy you.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
I am going to ask this again, exactly what do you want ANY Christian group to say and what is the result you want?  I know of some denominations that do not like Trump so again, you tend to over-generalize way too often.

So are you desiring the church to denounce him and ask for his impeachment?  What is it exactly you are looking for that would satisfy you.

I think he's looking for an admission that, to most self described "evangelicals," Trump's known adulteries prior to election are irrelevant while to that same group, Bill Clinton's were very relevant.  That there is, in fact, a double standard.  It's painfully obvious, by the way.  Robert Jeffress and Franklin Graham being just two examples. 

So admit it and move on. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
But to address the question in the subject line.

It's not up to anyone, Christian or not, to give Trump a pass on his infidelities.  That's between him and his significant other(s) and whatever higher power he recognizes. 

Our job as voters was to select the next chief executive through the process set up for doing that.  It resulted in two (IMO) incredibly poor choices, thus validating the founders' intention to keep the "will of the people" as far separated from the selection of a president as humanly possible. 

I claim Romans 8:28 on the result.  Of the two poor choices, I think the less poor was made as far as the country is concerned.  (I don't necessarily think that verse was as operative in the selection of candidates, though.)

It gave the R's, the party of NO, both chambers of congress and the white house.  Suddenly, they had to DO something other than just obstruct.  And they couldn't do it for MONTHS.  And when they finally did, they hurriedly passed a poorly conceived tax cut.

A mercurial clown is now occupying the white house, impulsively tweeting whatever pops in his head. And it's still (IMO) less bad than it would be if Hillary had won.  Not because she's Hillary or a Democrat, but because it would have allowed the R's to continue justifying their existence merely by opposing a president.  They finally had to defecate or get off the pot, and discovered they couldn't defecate.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2018 at 8:31pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
You are wrong, its about even.  We have a very diverse congregation, one of the most diverse church I have ever been a part of, which speaks very well of the pastor.

I am impressed.  Truly.  Especially since you have, more than once, said "my church doesn't do politics."  Yet you have figured out it's about evenly split.

But I believe you.  It's not like that in my allegedly "evangelical" congregation, though.  Or any one with which I am personally acquainted. And I bet it's not like that at FBC Dallas.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:47am
Print Post  
CryEF wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
I am impressed.  Truly.  Especially since you have, more than once, said "my church doesn't do politics."  Yet you have figured out it's about evenly split.

But I believe you.  It's not like that in my allegedly "evangelical" congregation, though.  Or any one with which I am personally acquainted. And I bet it's not like that at FBC Dallas.

I have said my church doesn't do politics?  Can you actually quote me on this?  Yes, we were pretty split in support of Obama at our church.  Do you know your church?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:47am:
Cry
I have said my church doesn't do politics?  Can you actually quote me on this?  Yes, we were pretty split in support of Obama at our church.  Do you know your church?

I sure thought you had.  I stand corrected.  So your church DOES do politics, and you have determined that the congregation is evenly (and apparently amicably) split between R's and D's.  While such an entity is certainly possible, it is incredibly rare.  And I can't imagine a fellow who posts like you do fitting in very well in such a place.   Yes, I do know my congregation.  And more than a few others.  I have yet to run up on one that's evenly split between R's and D's.

But we all tend to be more aggressive given the anonymity of the usual internet forum.  So I'll chalk it up to that. 

In any event, I apologize for inferring something you apparently did not imply.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Churches should do politics.

You can’t claim authority on right ‘n wrong and then stand aside from politics.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
I sure thought you had.  I stand corrected.  So your church DOES do politics, and you have determined that the congregation is evenly (and apparently amicably) split between R's and D's.  While such an entity is certainly possible, it is incredibly rare.  And I can't imagine a fellow who posts like you do fitting in very well in such a place.   Yes, I do know my congregation.  And more than a few others.  I have yet to run up on one that's evenly split between R's and D's.

But we all tend to be more aggressive given the anonymity of the usual internet forum.  So I'll chalk it up to that. 

In any event, I apologize for inferring something you apparently did not imply.

A political forum is vastly different the a Church.  I do not focus on politics when I go to church, I am more interested in growing my faith.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #38 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Churches should do politics.

You can’t claim authority on right ‘n wrong and then stand aside from politics.

If they do theology correctly then good political decisions will naturally follow.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
If they do theology correctly then good political decisions will naturally follow.

I dunno - you'd have to throw out much of the OT, for a start.

And then you're in the uncomfortable position of choosing between right and wrong, on the one hand, and observance of Scripture on the other.

Plus, there are quite a lot of different Christian churches who don't always, shall we say, agree entirely. There are two within 500 yards of my house who differ markedly on some quite major points.

Who are you going to get as the fount of wisdom on the theology?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will Christians give the President a pass on his infidelities?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules