Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump announces strikes on Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump announces strikes on Syria (Read 1,478 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: Trump announces strikes on Syria
Reply #90 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:32pm
Print Post  

Freon_Bale wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:07am:
I'm listening to all of you, on both sides, and all I am hearing is guesses on what actually happened.

We struck 3 targets (see link in my post in p. 2): two were chemical weapons facilities and one a command center where chemical weapons had been stored.

Haven’t checked for any more updates since Friday night so not sure if there’s any new info (casualties, etc). Given that Assad has been moving his chemical weapons around, probably a safe bet that not much was damaged, like the strike last year.

Just saw this story after poking around and catching up a bit...

Quote:
...Marine Lt. Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie, director of the Joint Staff at the Pentagon, said the allied airstrikes "took out the heart" of Assad's chemical weapons arsenal. He said the missiles hit the "sweet spot," doing the expected level of damage while minimizing the unintentional release of toxic fumes that could be harmful to nearby civilians.

When pressed, he acknowledged that some unspecified portion of Assad's chemical arms infrastructure was not targeted.

"There is still a residual element of the Syrian program that is out there," McKenzie said, adding, "I'm not going to say they're going to be unable to continue to conduct a chemical attack in the future. I suspect, however they'll think long and hard about it."

Assad's Barzah research and development center in Damascus was destroyed, McKenzie said. "It does not exist anymore."

A former officer in Syria's chemical program, Adulsalam Abdulrazek, said Saturday the joint U.S., British, and French strikes hit "parts of but not the heart" of the program. He said the strikes were unlikely to curb the government's ability to produce or launch new attacks. Speaking from rebel-held northern Syria, Abdulrazek told The Associated Press there were perhaps 50 warehouses in Syria that stored chemical weapons before the program was dismantled in 2013...

Source
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:07pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #91 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:36pm
Print Post  

EF wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Launching missiles against chemical weapons facilities is not putting boots on the ground.  I admit it could lead to that, but I have doubts.

We already have boots on the ground embedded with, assisting, and training Syrian rebel forces. Sure, they’re technically there to fight ISIS (that’s the quasi-legal justification for their presence) but they’ve been fired on by regime forces and have returned fire.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #92 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:22pm
Print Post  

admin wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
- nk negotiations is soon - Trump sent message of better stick to an agreement?

Given that they stepped up their nuclear development after Iraq, and later, Libya, they seem to be taking a different message from these types of events.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #93 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Launching missiles against chemical weapons facilities is not putting boots on the ground.  I admit it could lead to that, but I have doubts.

We DID put boots on the ground because of alleged WMD in Iraq, based on intelligence that was contradicted by other intelligence, the contradicting intelligence being ignored because Bushie wanted to be a war president and Saddam Hussein had been ugly to his daddy.  Plus Bushie wouldn't have any skin in the game, just his he didn't have any skin in the game he could have had skin in due to his daddy using influence to get him into the Texas Air National Guard where he was trained to fly obsolete jets. 

I said at the time that a lot of the patriotism that arose during the early stages of that war came from what I call "armchair patriots."  You know who you are, too.  I knew of many back in the hot war in which I reluctantly toted a rucksack and rifle for what was the most intensely, consistently, relentlessly miserable year of my life, and I have spent many summers in the Deep South.

I still think the Donald did the right thing shooting missiles at those chemical weapons plants. They weren't just alleged to exist.  We knew where they were well enough to shoot missiles at them.

Good post.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #94 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 12:33am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Hey, LOOK - after your comments, I ran down to the recruiting office to join up so that I can have standing to comment on Syria, but they said they're not taking middle aged guys.   Grin

I didn't suggest you go enlist in the coast guard.  You can go to Syria without being in the service.  You can go and risk your own life and wealth if you really care that much.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #95 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 12:33am:
I didn't suggest you go enlist in the coast guard.  You can go to Syria without being in the service.  You can go and risk your own life and wealth if you really care that much.

How do I do that?  Rent a boat, and just sort of land on the beach in Syria?  Smiley  Then I yell "come out you Syrians!" and take pot shots at them?   Grin

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #96 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:15am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 1:05am:
How do I do that?  Rent a boat, and just sort of land on the beach in Syria?  Smiley  Then I yell "come out you Syrians!" and take pot shots at them?   Grin

You can buy a ticket to Turkey, Israel, Iraq, or Jordan and basically walk across the border from many of those places or you could get someone to smuggle you in.  Then you could meet up with the rebels and join their cause, they are definitely accepting middle aged men into their ranks.

Since you seem to care so much put your money where your mouth is.  Make a sacrifice instead of expecting someone else to fight on behalf of your cowardice.

Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #97 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:15am:
You can buy a ticket to Turkey, Israel, Iraq, or Jordan and basically walk across the border from many of those places or you could get someone to smuggle you in.  Then you could meet up with the rebels and join their cause, they are definitely accepting middle aged men into their ranks.

Since you seem to care so much put your money where your mouth is.  Make a sacrifice instead of expecting someone else to fight on behalf of your cowardice.

We have an >>> "army" <<< for that purpose.  If I don't like what NASA is doing, should I barge into JPL, and say "Get out of the way! Gimmee that computer!  I'm taking over here!"  Grin

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #98 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:05am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 5:56pm:
We have an >>> "army" <<< for that purpose.  If I don't like what NASA is doing, should I barge into JPL, and say "Get out of the way! Gimmee that computer!  I'm taking over here!"  Grin

We have an army to protect our national security.

We don't have an army to enforce your moral instability on the whole world.

Stop being a bitch.  Put your money where your mouth is.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #99 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Pentagon warns of ISIS resurgence in regime areas of Syria

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US military has seen the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group "resurge" in some parts of Syria under government control, a US defence official said on Tuesday (April 17).

Colonel Ryan Dillon, a spokesman for the US-led coalition fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq, said the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and its ally Russia have not always been able to hold the terrain recaptured from ISIS.

"As we look at ISIS in areas where we are not operating, where we are not supporting our partners on the ground, there has been ISIS elements who have been able to come back and take territory (including in) some of the neighbourhoods in southern Damascus," Dillon said, using an alternative acronym for the extremist group...

Source

Well isn't that convenient. Guess we'll have to stay there even longer and push into regime held areas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump announces strikes on Syria

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules