Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What we tend to do.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What we tend to do. (Read 398 times)
Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

What we tend to do.
Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
We link all action together as if it belongs together. We view all as a continuation of the past, and don't delineate that which may seem to be the same with that which is, in fact, different.

Continuity is a valid concept. Much can be learned by the linkage inherent in, and between, events.

Sometimes, we need to delink, and just observe. Ideals be damned.

If you asked me a year ago if I agreed with any tariff, I would have laughed in your face. I've railed against what I referred to as "such nonsense" here many times. Guess what... the Trump brand of imposing the tariffs I sneered at seems to work. We see progress with China. Under the hood, we're making trade deals with many countries, bilaterally, that cut dependence on China's cheap goods. Who'd have thought we could find Asians faced with starvation more than the Chinese, right?

Trump is bombacious, he tweets, he isn't the guy "polite" libtards want at their next "save the whales" event.

So what?

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Re: What we tend to do.
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
We link all action together as if it belongs together. We view all as a continuation of the past, and don't delineate that which may seem to be the same with that which is, in fact, different.

Continuity is a valid concept. Much can be learned by the linkage inherent in, and between, events.

If you asked me a year ago if I agreed with any tariff, I would have laughed in your face. I've railed against what I referred to as "such nonsense" here many times. Guess what... the Trump brand of imposing the tariffs I sneered at seems to work. We see progress with China. Under the hood, we're making trade deals with many countries, bilaterally, that cut dependence on China's cheap goods. Who'd have thought we could find Asians faced with starvation more than the Chinese, right?

Trump is bombacious, he tweets, he isn't the guy "polite" libtards want at their next "save the whales" event.

So what?

VyprTranslateTM:

Trump did it so I find a way to excuse it or embrace it. Because Trump.

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

Genesee wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:25am:
There's not going to be a wall. You were lied to.

Lovefingers wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:31pm:
Stu hates Blacks

stu_gatze wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
blacks LOVED slavery

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
VyprTranslateTM:

Trump did it so I find a way to excuse it or embrace it. Because Trump.

Did I really say anything approaching what you claim, or did I instead state that I'm surprised that my past preconceptions may be wrong?

Instead of backing Trump am I not saying that I find myself open to new ideas? Am I not saying that I may be wrong in certain circumstances when events differ from the norm? Am I not saying that an open mind may receive dividends when a closed mind may be just closed?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
Instead of backing Trump am I not saying that I find myself open to new ideas? Am I not saying that I may be wrong in certain circumstances when events differ from the norm? Am I not saying that an open mind may receive dividends when a closed mind may be just closed?

Trump is a walking criminal enterprise. And yet I am ok with the tariffs on China. If Obama had instituted the same tariffs you would have screamed bloody murder.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
Trump is a walking criminal enterprise. And yet I am ok with the tariffs on China. If Obama had instituted the same tariffs you would have screamed bloody murder.

If Obama had done that, Hillary would be president. We would have no Trump to lie about.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:10am
Print Post  

My favorite 'Sockpuppet' is back! Cheesy Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  

So what?

Can't argue too much.

I used to be a pro-tariffs/protectionist minded leftist who, over the years, bought in to the libertarian view that all tariffs just added costs and will wreck an economy. That was around the time the Democrats triangulated and embraced Wall Street. I begrudgingly came along for the ride. Turns out my initial position doesn't seem all that wrong, especially considering our trade is only "free" in one direction...

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:06am
Print Post  

So what?

I told you I was right..

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Space Truckin'

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  

So what?

Excellent post, Harry. I have delinked and have also been observing for some years now. I humbly recommend this course of action for everyone. It is an eye-opening experience.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:00am:
Excellent post, Harry. I have delinked and have also been observing for some years now. I humbly recommend this course of action for everyone. It is an eye-opening experience.

Were you ever linked?

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What we tend to do.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules