Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Look At What $800,000 Can Buy In Calif
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Look At What $800,000 Can Buy In Calif (Read 332 times)
Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Look At What $800,000 Can Buy In Calif
Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Maybe even a bidding war? Shocked Grin  (Video)

Quote:

An uninhabitable burned-out home in San Jose went up for sale at the price of $800,000.

While it may sound crazy, there are people willing to pay. A realtor said in less than 24 hours, 10 potential buyers contacted her. She anticipates selling it in a few days.

So what’s the reason for the high interest? Buying the charred home and rebuilding on the property is a lot cheaper than buying a brand new home in Silicon Valley.

http://kevinwhiteman.com/pelosis-california-silicon-valley-burned-out-shell-of-a...

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Look At What $800,000 Can Buy In Calif
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:19am
Print Post  
I haven't figured out why anyone with any sense wants to live in California.  This thread reinforces my lack of understanding why.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:08am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:19am:
I haven't figured out why anyone with any sense wants to live in California.  This thread reinforces my lack of understanding why.

So you picked a polluted swamp that smells like corndogs

"College boys from LSU, went in dumb, come out dumb too"
Randy Newman

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:08am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:08am:
So you picked a polluted swamp that smells like corndogs

"College boys from LSU, went in dumb, come out dumb too"
Randy Newman

Grin Cheesy Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I don't know why so much is being made of this house sale.  Obviously the price is for the land.  People buy houses and tear them down all time so they can build a new house on the property.  Whether the house is burned out, pristine or somewhere in between.  The value (and price) is in the land.  Nobody would be writing articles if it was simply an empty lot.   But for a potential buyer, it is a tear down away from being just that.  And that is the goal of any buyer.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:51am:
I don't know why so much is being made of this house sale.  Obviously the price is for the land.  People buy houses and tear them down all time so they can build a new house on the property.  Whether the house is burned out, pristine or somewhere in between.  The value (and price) is in the land.  Nobody would be writing articles if it was simply an empty lot.   But for a potential buyer, it is a tear down away from being just that.  And that is the goal of any buyer.

You are, of course, 100% correct.

But at a very surface level, you have to admit to the obvious humor and meme-worthiness of seeing a completely destroyed home with a pricetag of nearly $1 million. It seems absurd to probably 90% of the nation's population, again, at a very surface-y level.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:05pm:
You are, of course, 100% correct.

But at a very surface level, you have to admit to the obvious humor and meme-worthiness of seeing a completely destroyed home with a pricetag of nearly $1 million. It seems absurd to probably 90% of the nation's population, again, at a very surface-y level.

That's true.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:51am:

Word™

The land it's on is where the value originates. Anecdotal example, when we built our home in '99 the value of the land was approx. $2 000. When applying for a construction loan, the bank valued the land with the finished home, which was $ 16 000. I can only imagine the cost of land in California!  Cheesy

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 12:07am
Print Post  
The three rules of real estate: location, location, location.

The situation with this $800,000 plot in Silicon Valley (not "nearly 1 million"!) is that it's close to large employers who pay high salaries to tech professionals. I can assure all that this sort of pricing is not uniform throughout California. Although as a rule, housing in California is significantly more costly than that in some other states, notably the rust belt or the bible belt.

I find it amusing though that California bashers have a list of reasons why they wouldn't want to live there, yet enough people do want to live in the state that they drive up housing prices to these high levels.

And jobs/salaries are only part of the reason. The mild climate and the relative social freedom are major attractants. As well as the cosmopolitan makeup of the population, and the robust higher education system.

Does California have problems that detract from the quality of life?

Yup. Primarily traffic in the urban areas. Smog, still, in various parts of the state. Susceptibility to drought, fires, and subsequent landslides in hilly areas. Higher prices for energy (electricity, natural gas, and automotive fuels) than most of the rest of the nation.

Some of these problems can be, and sometimes are, addressed. Traffic by rapid transit and high speed rail. Drought by water conservation measures. Energy prices by encouraging solar, wind, and geothermal electricity generation.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Not sure about the exterior. Needs a coat of paint.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Look At What $800,000 Can Buy In Calif

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules