Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › On Syria: Trump vs Trump
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On Syria: Trump vs Trump (Read 426 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: On Syria: Trump vs Trump
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
It's not just the leaders as the followers get into lemming mode...I can see it and I'm a partisan!

Trump supporters rip decision to strike Syria - Politico

Some of President Donald Trump’s staunchest backers tore into his decision to attack Syria late Friday night, arguing it was unnecessary, reactionary and even Clinton-esque.

In tweet storms and video responses, they compared Trump’s decision to attack Syrian targets to actions taken by President George W. Bush or a hypothetical President Hillary Clinton.

There was a clear sense of disappointment among a certain strand of Trump supporter as the president announced a “precision strike” against the regime of Bashar Assad on Friday in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack last week.

The anguish came from supporters who latched on to Trump’s “America first” promise during the campaign. They argued that Trump’s decision undermined his promise to disentangle the U.S. from global conflicts, saying it reeked of the same old, same old.

“Donald Bush,” tweeted Mike Cernovich, a conservative author and once a staunch supporter of Trump.

Conservative author Ann Coulter retweeted a series of people questioning military action in Syria — as well as past tweets from Trump himself. Before his presidential bid, Trump argued former President Barack Obama would be foolish to take any action in Syria.

Coulter also quoted a news story about former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe promising he could beat Trump if he ran against him and tweeted, “You might – if you promised no more “stupid wars.”"

Lemmings?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
gosh this is shocking do you mean to tell me that over a period of time a president, or anyone, can actually change their mind on something? you know like Obama & Hillary did on Same Sex Marriage    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
Is bashing Trump still the cool thang to do? You kids...

Exposing the fraud is Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 5:39am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm:
gosh this is shocking do you mean to tell me that over a period of time a president, or anyone, can actually change their mind on something? you know like Obama & Hillary did on Same Sex Marriage    Roll Eyes

Or another way of just being a good Bull chitter Wink Roll Eyes

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Let's see.  All of those tweets were written 4 1/2 years ago.  People here say things about no one ever changing their political positions and that we need to wake up and agree with them. 

Now President Trump has changed his position on Syria and those people use it against him.  Never mind that the situation in Syria has changed.  Their regime used chemical weapons on the people; the kids, the women and the men.   Even obummer had drawn a red line on that, remember?  Of course he moved that red line and did nothing but that's another tale to tell.

What do you naysayers think that President Trump should have done instead of bombing the place they make the chemical weapons, and other military sites?  Bowed?

BTW, the President only needs the votes in Congress to declare war, not to order a mission.  War has not been declared, nor did he ask that it be, as far as I know.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:27am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm:

Evidently a Republican is not allowed to change his mind.  I'm glad that he changed his mind this time.  What's he supposed to do?  Act like someone who puts up with physical abuse over and over again and never decides "Enough is enough"?

Geesh people.  Situations change and people change with them.  We used to have slavery.  Now we don't.  That was a good thing, wasn't it?  Women used to not be permitted to vote.  I won't ask the question; I'll just say that was a good decision.   Wink   Smiley   Grin

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Always entertaining to watch the righties embrace the liberal policies they once fought so hard against. Keep up the good work creepy.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:41am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:36am:
Always entertaining to watch the righties embrace the liberal policies they once fought so hard against. Keep up the good work creepy.

Are you trying to tell me that the liberals wanted Syria bombed?  Really?  Just what liberal policy have I fought against that I now embrace?

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:45am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:41am:
Are you trying to tell me that the liberals wanted Syria bombed?  Really?  Just what liberal policy have I fought against that I now embrace?

No, not at all. I said that you conservatives were drug kicking and screaming away from  owning slaves and not allowing women to vote.
You should thank a liberal.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:45am:
No, not at all. I said that you conservatives were drug kicking and screaming away from  owning slaves and not allowing women to vote.
You should thank a liberal.

Oh my, you slept through history class, I bet.  As an aside, I'm not a conservative.  I voted dem in my early voting years until I realized they lie through their teeth and gave the Rep candidates a chance.  I've pretty much stayed with them, although I did like the forcefulness of Truman as POTUS.  He, like Trump, was a plain spoken man and was a business man (a haberdasher) prior to getting into politics.

The northern Reps and the few Dems who lived in the North did not own slaves.  That was a Southern deal, and the South did not recognize the "Negro" as being human.  The owning of slaves was the real reason for the Civil War, no matter what fancy dancy other reason people of the South occasionally come up with.  The North and Reps disapproved srongly.  There were no Reps in the South prior to the Civil War, at least not enough to have any influence.  In fact, in some areas in the South the Reps were actually banned, if I remember correctly.

On edit:  Class Over.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › On Syria: Trump vs Trump

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules