Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › The Last Jedi - Why do people like this crap? (Spoilers)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Last Jedi - Why do people like this crap? (Spoilers) (Read 511 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The Last Jedi - Why do people like this crap? (Spoilers)
Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 5:05pm:
I would offer one more suggestion. Go watch the movie with a kid. I have a boy and girl ages 5 and 8. We saw it together as a family (second time for me and my wife. We watch PG 13 movies together first before bringing the kids just in case). They were sooooooo excited while watching the movie and after. They talked about little else for days. I saw myself watching ROTJ with my grandmother reflected in both of my kids' faces. It was awesome.

Awesome response Maestro and first I just have to say you're completely wrong.  Not just wrong, but catastrophically ... unforgivably wrong.

And I'll explain why when I've got more time for an in depth response. 

But I have to say I completely get what you're saying about how enjoyment of a movie can be the company you keep. 

I went to see Wonder Woman in the movie theatres with my daughter.  She's 22 at the time we watched it.  But it still seemed every bit the great movie all the reviewers suggest it was.  And I was getting tired of the "GIRL POWAH!" rhetoric around the movie.  Something about being able to make predictions and chat about the movie as it developed with my daughter ... with a well done female super hero in the starring role ... just made the movie better.

Not long ago I tried rewatching it by myself on my Ipad one night when I couldn't sleep.  I was so freaking bored by how stupid and drawn out the movie is in the second half I simply shut it off and didn't finish watching it.

To set the stage for me watching this, I was home alone for a weekend.  I took a break from coding.  I messaged my childhood friend who lives in Kansas now and said "Is Last Jedi any good?"  He said "Yeah.  Obviously we're not 7 anymore and it's not as good as the originals, but I went with my kids and we really liked it."

So I watched it by myself ... texting back and forth with my friend reminiscing about the originals while I watched it.  "WTF? Leia can fly now?"

And I nearly shut it off towards the end.  I forced myself to watch the whole thing because ... it's freaking STAR WARS man!  My Kansas friend and I lived Star Wars as kids.  We saw A New Hope 14 times at the theatres, walking downtown to the Capital theatre every summer when it returned.  We had the figures.  I had a Millenium Falcon.  He had a death star. 

It's not a movie to watch by yourself as a devoted Star Wars disciple.   That's for sure.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
This about sums it up.  I laughed so damn hard at this.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 8:54am
Print Post  
I haven't seen the movie yet but have heard lots of bad about it. I'll still probably rent this movie but if it sucks I'm done de-done done done with Star wars as Walt Disney will now be whipping out a new Star Wars every year while destroying everything great about the entire saga. I did like The Force Awakens but didn't care much for Rogue 1. If this new Star Wars pisses me off I swear I'll have a Gone With The Wind scene and say As God is my witness, I will never watch a new Star Wars movie ever again!

The video represents me picking by tired and bored body up off the floor after suffering through what may end up being a very bad Star Wars movie. This will be my reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RhI1vERr-0

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › The Last Jedi - Why do people like this crap? (Spoilers)

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules