Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › deleted thread
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) deleted thread (Read 816 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: deleted thread
Reply #60 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:29am:
WTF is a "moderators' typography."   Shocked

Go to the science and wonders forum.  If it hasn't been deleted, the first topic will 'splain all about it.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #61 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:06am:
Go to the science and wonders forum.  If it hasn't been deleted, the first topic will 'splain all about it.

Too late if you haven't done it by now.  The thread's been deleted.  I'll start one on "moderators' typography."  Heck I'll just convert this one since I've already killed it with respect to Hawking's theory of the origin of the universe.

"Moderators' typography" consists of the largest type size possible, preferably all caps, and in red.  This configuration is apparently reserved for moderator use only, and all other uses are unauthorized and will be modified, deleted, or sanctioned somehow by the authorities.  Made me recall two things from my past:

When I was in the employ of Uncle Sugar and undergoing basic infantry training, I learned (and had it reinforced the hard way) that the word "repeat" had only ONE meaning and was allowed in only ONE context (being artillery fire).  The word "repeat" ALWAYS meant, to an artillery crew, do again what you just did.  If they had "fired for effect" (means three rounds) on a given grid coordinate, the command "repeat" meant do that again.  All other usage of the word was prohibited. 

I had been told that, of course, but my transition from civilian to trained killer was fraught with difficulty.  I made the mistake of asking my drill sergeant to "repeat" an order I had not understood.  He whacked my upside my steel pot helmet with his little stick, got right in my face, and, blowing spit on my GI issue glasses, roundly reminded me of artillery's exclusive copyright. 

The other instance concerned who was allowed to use blue felt tip pens.  I worked then for a small CPA firm where the partners only were allowed to use blue felt tip pens.  They used them exclusively to document they had reviewed workpapers.  By reserving the use of blue felt tip pens for just that purpose, the overworked partner could rapidly flip through a file and quickly put a blue mark on each page, thus saving valuable time for the golf course. 

Red print accompanied by large font and all caps is like that.  Reserved for moderator use only. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #62 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
Red print accompanied by large font and all caps is like that.  Reserved for moderator use only. 

PHUCK THAT..

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #63 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Only in a Newtonian universe, which isn't what ours is.

Calling dr. Hawking, dr. Fine, dr. Hawking....moe, Larry, and curly were the greatest.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Calling dr. Hawking, dr. Fine, dr. Hawking....moe, Larry, and curly were the greatest.

I AGREE!

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › deleted thread

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules