Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked (Read 1,990 times)
Ulysses
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked
Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  

11. "His face appeared slightly orange with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assumed he placed small tanning goggles, and impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.....As he extended his hand, I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so."

10. "I stared at the soft white pouches under his expressionless blue eyes. I remember thinking in that moment that the president doesn't understand the FBI's role in American life."

9. "I had often wondered why, when given numerous opportunities to condemn the Russian government's invasions of its neighbors and repression — even murder — of its own citizens, Trump refused to just state the plain facts...Maybe it was a contrarian streak or maybe it was something more complicated that explained his constant equivocation and apologies for Vladimir Putin."

8. "Another reason you know this isn't true: I'm a germaphobe. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me, no way."

7. "He brought up what he called the 'golden showers thing' . . . adding that it bothered him if there was 'even a 1 percent chance' his wife, Melania, thought it was true....In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99 percent chance her husband didn't do that?"

6. "It is also wrong to stand idly by, or worse, to stay silent when you know better, while a president brazenly seeks to undermine public confidence in law enforcement institutions that were established to keep our leaders in check."

5. "Asking — rhetorically, I assumed — whether he seemed like a guy who needed the service of prostitutes. He then began discussing cases where women had accused him of sexual assault, a subject I had not raised. He mentioned a number of women, and seemed to have memorized their allegations."

4. "Now it was pretty clear to me what was happening. The setup of the dinner, both the physical layout of a private meal and Trump's pretense that he had not already asked me to stay on multiple occasions, convinced me this was an effort to establish a patronage relationship."

3. "[Kelly] said he was sick about my firing and that he intended to quit in protest. He said he didn't want to work for dishonorable people who would treat someone like me in such a manner. I urged Kelly not to do that, arguing that the country needed principled people around this president. Especially this president."

2. "The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview. The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth."

1. "This President is unethical, and untethered to truth and institutional values. His leadership is transactional, ego driven and about personal loyalty."
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm by Ulysses »  

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Re: The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Comey got Trump good, girlfriend!!!

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
All this really does is reaffirm the beliefs of those who feel Comey was completely pro-Hillary and anti-Trump. It makes me glad he was fired, and makes me even more suspicious of the integrity of our justice department.

People who were expecting bombshells from the book must be really disappointed.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Oprah may make a comeback, yet!

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
All this really does is reaffirm the beliefs of those who feel Comey was completely pro-Hillary and anti-Trump. It makes me glad he was fired, and makes me even more suspicious of the integrity of our justice department.

People who were expecting bombshells from the book must be really disappointed.

Comey is a patriot and deserves a medal:

"It is also wrong to stand idly by, or worse, to stay silent when you know better, while a president brazenly seeks to undermine public confidence in law enforcement institutions that were established to keep our leaders in check."

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Comey is a patriotcriminal and deserves a medal prison sentence
fixed your mistakes for ya You're welcome

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:37pm:

11. "His face appeared slightly orange with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assumed he placed small tanning goggles, and impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.....As he extended his hand, I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so."

10. "I stared at the soft white pouches under his expressionless blue eyes. I remember thinking in that moment that the president doesn't understand the FBI's role in American life."

9. "I had often wondered why, when given numerous opportunities to condemn the Russian government's invasions of its neighbors and repression — even murder — of its own citizens, Trump refused to just state the plain facts...Maybe it was a contrarian streak or maybe it was something more complicated that explained his constant equivocation and apologies for Vladimir Putin."

8. "Another reason you know this isn't true: I'm a germaphobe. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me, no way."

7. "He brought up what he called the 'golden showers thing' . . . adding that it bothered him if there was 'even a 1 percent chance' his wife, Melania, thought it was true....In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99 percent chance her husband didn't do that?"

6. "It is also wrong to stand idly by, or worse, to stay silent when you know better, while a president brazenly seeks to undermine public confidence in law enforcement institutions that were established to keep our leaders in check."

5. "Asking — rhetorically, I assumed — whether he seemed like a guy who needed the service of prostitutes. He then began discussing cases where women had accused him of sexual assault, a subject I had not raised. He mentioned a number of women, and seemed to have memorized their allegations."

4. "Now it was pretty clear to me what was happening. The setup of the dinner, both the physical layout of a private meal and Trump's pretense that he had not already asked me to stay on multiple occasions, convinced me this was an effort to establish a patronage relationship."

3. "[Kelly] said he was sick about my firing and that he intended to quit in protest. He said he didn't want to work for dishonorable people who would treat someone like me in such a manner. I urged Kelly not to do that, arguing that the country needed principled people around this president. Especially this president."

2. "The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview. The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth."

1. "This President is unethical, and untethered to truth and institutional values. His leadership is transactional, ego driven and about personal loyalty."

Yes.  That's literally the senior editor at large at CNN ... Chris Cillizza ... profiting off you with clickbait. 

Why is one of the 11 most "eye opening" lines from the book not the lines discussing the fact that Hillary Clinton was in fact under criminal investigation by the FBI in 2015 when she pushed news outlets to issue a retraction?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  

"It is also wrong to stand idly by, or worse, to stay silent when you know better, while a president brazenly seeks to undermine public confidence in law enforcement institutions that were established to keep our leaders in check."

It works both ways. I could say that Trump should not stand silent while law enforcement brazenly seeks to undermine the presidency.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:42pm
Print Post  

Is that really why our law enforcement institutions ... under the purview of the president ... were established?  Not until 1908?  And to investigate houses of prostitution?

Geez, these people are starting to believe their own propaganda aren't they?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  

A whining loser.  Smiley  That turkey makes Hillary look like a good sport!  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules