Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked (Read 2,237 times)
Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Re: The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
All this really does is reaffirm the beliefs of those who feel Comey was completely pro-Hillary and anti-Trump. It makes me glad he was fired, and makes me even more suspicious of the integrity of our justice department.

People who were expecting bombshells from the book must be really disappointed.

No, not at all.

Comey, so far, has done nothing but confirm the general impression that Trump is a lying, cheating, double-dealing, conniving crook, who if left in office for another term will ruin this once great nation (great before Trump took office).

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Paul Hadrian and his Stones
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
He wrote a book about things that have been said about Trump for 18 months and the liberals think it's new, fresh and devastating.

The former head of the most powerful law enforcement department in the country wrote about Trump's tan lines.

IMPEACH!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:54pm:
No, not at all.

Comey, so far, has done nothing but confirm the general impression that Trump is a lying, cheating, double-dealing, conniving crook, who if left in office for another term will ruin this once great nation (great before Trump took office).

Why do you think this? Because Comey said so?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Paul Hadrian and his Stones wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
He wrote a book about things that have been said about Trump for 18 months and the liberals think it's new, fresh and devastating.

The former head of the most powerful law enforcement department in the country wrote about Trump's tan lines.

IMPEACH!

It’s all girly attacks and very little substance.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:22pm:
Why do you think this? Because Comey said so?

Nearly daily Trump's  lying tweets and utterances, fact checked, his history of ignoring laws, blaming others for his own failures, etc etc etc.

Trump is SCUM

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Wait.

One of the eleven most eye-opening lines is entirely about Trump's tan, hands and hair.

Only ten lines in the book beat that one in terms of "eye-openingness"?

Seriously?

If that's true, then reading this book must be an almost complete waste of time.

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’
IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Comey has some nerve talking about Trump's eye pouches....

IP Logged

Paul Hadrian and his Stones
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
How could someone so weak and timid become the head of the FBI?

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:37pm:
The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked

11. "His face appeared slightly orange with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assumed he placed small tanning goggles, and impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.....As he extended his hand, I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so."

10. "I stared at the soft white pouches under his expressionless blue eyes. I remember thinking in that moment that the president doesn't understand the FBI's role in American life."

9. "I had often wondered why, when given numerous opportunities to condemn the Russian government's invasions of its neighbors and repression — even murder — of its own citizens, Trump refused to just state the plain facts...Maybe it was a contrarian streak or maybe it was something more complicated that explained his constant equivocation and apologies for Vladimir Putin."

8. "Another reason you know this isn't true: I'm a germaphobe. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me, no way."

7. "He brought up what he called the 'golden showers thing' . . . adding that it bothered him if there was 'even a 1 percent chance' his wife, Melania, thought it was true....In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99 percent chance her husband didn't do that?"

6. "It is also wrong to stand idly by, or worse, to stay silent when you know better, while a president brazenly seeks to undermine public confidence in law enforcement institutions that were established to keep our leaders in check."

5. "Asking — rhetorically, I assumed — whether he seemed like a guy who needed the service of prostitutes. He then began discussing cases where women had accused him of sexual assault, a subject I had not raised. He mentioned a number of women, and seemed to have memorized their allegations."

4. "Now it was pretty clear to me what was happening. The setup of the dinner, both the physical layout of a private meal and Trump's pretense that he had not already asked me to stay on multiple occasions, convinced me this was an effort to establish a patronage relationship."

3. "[Kelly] said he was sick about my firing and that he intended to quit in protest. He said he didn't want to work for dishonorable people who would treat someone like me in such a manner. I urged Kelly not to do that, arguing that the country needed principled people around this president. Especially this president."

2. "The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview. The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth."

1. "This President is unethical, and untethered to truth and institutional values. His leadership is transactional, ego driven and about personal loyalty."

ranked what?   Do we find the book under fiction in our bookstores and/or libraries?  Is this the comey who also changed his "report" to satisfy lynch and both clintons?  I'd like to know why he showed the report to lynch in the first place.  The same comey who said that he knowingly leaked info to his college professor friend to then leak to the world?  The same comey who says that he wrote the report with the slant that he knew that clinton was going to be elected POTUS?  That comey?

I did LOL, really, when he talked about the ethics of the Trump people.  What the heck does that man know about ethics and/or morality?  For a man who had a supposedly non-political job, he certainly was political.

Great firing, President Trump.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
Yes.  That's literally the senior editor at large at CNN ... Chris Cillizza ... profiting off you with clickbait. 

Why is one of the 11 most "eye opening" lines from the book not the lines discussing the fact that Hillary Clinton was in fact under criminal investigation by the FBI in 2015 when she pushed news outlets to issue a retraction?

Queshank

Do you understand the definition of "eye opening"?

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty,' ranked

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules