Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Record low temps across much of us
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Record low temps across much of us (Read 1,010 times)
Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Re: Record low temps across much of us
Reply #20 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
Except for this, which is basically the opening paragraph:

While hurricanes are a natural part of our climate system, recent research suggests that there has been an increase in intense hurricane activity in the North Atlantic since the 1970s. In the future, there may not necessarily be more hurricanes, but there will likely be more intense hurricanes that carry higher wind speeds and more precipitation as a result of global warming. The impacts of this trend are likely to be exacerbated by sea level rise and a growing population along coastlines.-

Suggests is such a strong word...

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:18pm:

Don't you understand, man . .. it's cold in Minnesota and Manhattan is still mostly above water .  AGW is a hoax.. ..

[/Harry and the Science Illiterates]

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
Except for this, which is basically the opening paragraph:

While hurricanes are a natural part of our climate system, recent research suggests that there has been an increase in intense hurricane activity in the North Atlantic since the 1970s. In the future, there may not necessarily be more hurricanes, but there will likely be more intense hurricanes that carry higher wind speeds and more precipitation as a result of global warming. The impacts of this trend are likely to be exacerbated by sea level rise and a growing population along coastlines.-

Hey ... you've got a problem with this.

The Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale that we use to categorize hurricanes and measure their strength wasn't developed until 1971.  So we have no record as to how strong hurricanes were prior to that timeframe.

These are the flaws in all of the climate change arguments that are always put forward.  It's what allows room for skepticism.  Because nobody ever admits that when they're saying "Hurricanes are stronger than since the 70s!"

Like an article I saw someone share on facebook saying "The currents are moving slower than they have in 1000 years!"

Okay ... so what was causing them to move that slow 1000 years ago?  Factories belching out carbon emissions?  Automobiles?  What?

The climate change environmentalists need to get a lot better at messaging.  They really suck at it.  If it's important as they say, the future of the world literally hangs in the balance for them getting this shit right.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #23 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Would a wise man claim that a hurricane is the result of global warming when it is a limited event?

We've been told for years that these limited events, hurricanes, will increase in both frequency and intensity by those who now tell us that they are local events.

Have hurricanes increased in frequency and intensity as we were told they would? Are hurricanes now just local events that no longer matter?

The part about your statement that I find shocking and frankly insulting, is not your point of view itself, but that you feel qualified to make it.

The VAST majority of scientists around the world see strong evidence to support global warming as a phenomenon, and human influence as at least partially the cause.

Do you have any science background at all? Any? Yet you feel qualified to have an opinion.

You get in your car, you turn on the engine, and the explosions within the engine push pistons down and ultimately move the car. The fact that you trust that the whole thing will not explode is because you trust the science, the years of study people have put in, and the vast difference between what they know and what you do. Yet when science warns you that we are damaging this limited resource we call our home planet, suddenly you are capable of saying they do not know what they are talking about.

Your naivety angers me and hurts our entire species. Stick to what you are good at, and allow the professionals to do what they are good at.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #24 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:44pm:
The part about your statement that I find shocking and frankly insulting, is not your point of view itself, but that you feel qualified to make it.

The VAST majority of scientists around the world see strong evidence to support global warming as a phenomenon, and human influence as at least partially the cause.

Do you have any science background at all? Any? Yet you feel qualified to have an opinion.

You get in your car, you turn on the engine, and the explosions within the engine push pistons down and ultimately move the car. The fact that you trust that the whole thing will not explode is because you trust the science, the years of study people have put in, and the vast difference between what they know and what you do. Yet when science warns you that we are damaging this limited resource we call our home planet, suddenly you are capable of saying they do not know what they are talking about.

Your naivety angers me and hurts our entire species. Stick to what you are good at, and allow the professionals to do what they are good at.

My opinion matters not even though it's based on what I read from the scientists you laud, got it.

Are you a climate scientist? If not, you should shut up.

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
The climate change environmentalists need to get a lot better at messaging.  They really suck at it.  If it's important as they say, the future of the world literally hangs in the balance for them getting this shit right.

Queshank

Sure..  but they're trying to explain a nuanced issue to science illiterates and hyper-partisans against Tobacco Industry tactics that are still effective for the reasons I just mentioned. ..

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

then doing it anyway

Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
My opinion matters not even though it's based on what I read from the scientists you laud, got it.

Are you a climate scientist? If not, you should shut up.

I am a trained scientist. I will not shut up because I find it disturbing that you (not you personally, but lay people) think you can interpret science and form an opinion.

You can't. This is not meant to be insulting, this is fact.

You should rely on people who do this for a living to get your information, and the vast majority of us say there is a problem.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

then doing it anyway

Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Sure..  but they're trying to explain a nuanced issue to science illiterates and hyper-partisans against Tobacco Industry tactics that are still effective for the reasons I just mentioned. ..   

Agreed. Scientists are terrible communicators, for the most part.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #28 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
I am a trained scientist. I will not shut up because I find it disturbing that you (not you personally, but lay people) think you can interpret science and form an opinion.

You can't. This is not meant to be insulting, this is fact.

You should rely on people who do this for a living to get your information, and the vast majority of us say there is a problem.

You told me that I was not a climate scientist and therefore my opinion doesn't matter.

You admit that you aren't a climate scientist. Why does your opinion matter?

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

then doing it anyway

Reply #29 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:55pm:
You told me that I was not a climate scientist, and therefore my opinion doesn't matter.

You admit that you aren't a climate scientist. Why does your opinion matter?

No, I did not say that. I said you are not a scientist, have no training in science, and therefore you are not qualified to have an opinion.

And on the flip side, I said I AM a scientist, and therefore DO have a qualified opinion.

Your response sounds like fake news to me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Record low temps across much of us

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules