Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’ (Read 120 times)
Vypr
LNF Party Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’
Apr 16th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’

Boston-area billionaire hedge fund manager Seth Klarman will now start funding mostly Democrats after a history of giving large donations to Republicans.

“The Republicans in Congress have failed to hold the president accountable and have abandoned their historic beliefs and values,” Klarman said in a statement to The Boston Globe. “For the good of the country, the Democrats must take back one or both houses of Congress.”

Klarman told the paper that he wanted to use the money he was saving from the Republican tax overhaul to “invest” in Democrats.

FULL:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/billionaire-republican-donor-fund-democrats-1...

Jake Brake wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

Jake Brake wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

Genesee wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:25am:
There's not going to be a wall. You were lied to.

For Educational Purposes Only wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:31pm:
Stu hates Blacks

stu_gatze wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
blacks LOVED slavery

“It’s like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f**king stupid Forrest Gump.
He can’t help himself. He’s just a f**king idiot who thinks he’s winning when people are b*tching about him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/republican-congressman-unloads-motherfker-trump-furious-top-message-conservative-pundit/

2017 LNF Conservative of the Year

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Re: Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
- seems many billionaires "invest" in (buy) Democrats? - why?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Party Leader

of the Inquisition

Re: Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:16pm:
- seems many billionaires "invest" in (buy) Democrats? - why?

- lately? Trump.  Wink

“It’s like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f**king stupid Forrest Gump.
He can’t help himself. He’s just a f**king idiot who thinks he’s winning when people are b*tching about him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/republican-congressman-unloads-motherfker-trump-furious-top-message-conservative-pundit/

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
This is a good thing?  That a billionaire sees value in switching his funding to your favored party?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Party Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
This is a good thing?  That a billionaire sees value in switching his funding to your favored party? 

Not my favored party and it is only indicative of a rising concern with Trump and his disregard for the rule of law.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
Not my favored party

Relative to the republicans?  You don't see the democrat party more favorably than the republican party?

Quote:
and it is only indicative of a rising concern with Trump and his disregard for the rule of law.

I bet.  Probably not indicative of any rent-seeking or any of the other evils that the left applies to the Kochs, and other politically active billionaires.

Only right wing and libertarian billionaires are evil and selfish with destructive motives.  Right? 
[/sarcasm]

Grin

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Party Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
Relative to the republicans?  You don't see the democrat party more favorably than the republican party?

Democrats are douchebags and saps, though this round the Republicans seem to have found a whole new level of depravity and insanity. I have stated this over and over but it gets lost because somehow I must be a "liberal" or a "leftist" if I am not dutifully defending Trump or at least keeping my mouth shut about him.

Quote:
I bet.  Probably not indicative of any rent-seeking or any of the other evils that the left applies to the Kochs, and other politically active billionaires.

Only right wing and libertarian billionaires are evil and selfish with destructive motives.  Right? 
[/sarcasm]

Grin

No, all of that "big money" has helped to erode our democracy. At least it should be 100% transparent.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:59pm:
Democrats are douchebags and saps, though this round the Republicans seem to have found a whole new level of depravity and insanity. I have stated this over and over but it gets lost because somehow I must be a "liberal" or a "leftist" if I am not dutifully defending Trump or at least keeping my mouth shut about him.

Maybe it is your one sided posting history...at least what I have seen of it.

Favorable to Obama and democrats (sure, maybe I missed some "I am trying to look unpartisan so I will throw mud at Obama about how he has been weak or ineffective or lets republicans do this or that, but really I almost always side with him politically" type posts) and unfavorable to, really, anyone else.

Perhaps I am just getting unlucky with which of your posts I have seen and not seen.  You might point me to some that paint the picture you have described if I am?

Quote:
No, all of that "big money" has helped to erode our democracy. At least it should be 100% transparent.

OK, but this is a little different than what you said before: "it is only indicative of a rising concern with Trump and his disregard for the rule of law".

You painted it as unequivocally good.  And only now are you shifting from that.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Party Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
Maybe it is your one sided posting history...at least what I have seen of it.

Favorable to Obama and democrats (sure, maybe I missed some "I am trying to look unpartisan so I will throw mud at Obama about how he has been weak or ineffective or lets republicans do this or that, but really I almost always side with him politically" type posts) and unfavorable to, really, anyone else.

Perhaps I am just getting unlucky with which of your posts I have seen and not seen.  You might point me to some that paint the picture you have described if I am?

OK, but this is a little different than what you said before: "it is only indicative of a rising concern with Trump and his disregard for the rule of law".

You painted it as unequivocally good.  And only now are you shifting from that.

"unequivocally good"? There is no "good" in any of this. Trump is a corrupt piece of shit who wipes his ass with the rule of law. He has no regard for anything but himself. If a big Republican donor shifts his money in response to Trump's antics, that's only "good" insofar as it is a sign that maybe, just maybe, the broader pool of conservative voters hasn't been hoodwinked like Trump's core people have been.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:15pm:
"unequivocally good"? There is no "good" in any of this. Trump is a corrupt piece of shit who wipes his ass with the rule of law. He has no regard for anything but himself. If a big Republican donor shifts his money in response to Trump's antics, that's only "good" insofar as it is a sign that maybe, just maybe, the broader pool of conservative voters hasn't been hoodwinked like Trump's core people have been.

So democrats getting this money is good or bad?  Maybe this question will bring some clarity to your position.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Billionaire Republican Donor Will Fund Democrats ‘For the Good of the Country’

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules