Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month (Read 406 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month
Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month, according to the latest figures from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/15/food-stamp-usage-drops-half-m...

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Re: More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
- are Democrats upset?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:07am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
- are Democrats upset?

I think there's a difference between people actually dropping off and just lower enrollment

Quote:

Although enrollment in SNAP sharply increased by more than 3 million during the first month of the fiscal year (FY) 2018 (October 2017) due to temporary SNAP enrollment in hurricane-affected states, it dropped by more than 4 million the following month.

The decline came as states curtailed their temporary SNAP benefits in the months following Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:13am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:37am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month, according to the latest figures from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/15/food-stamp-usage-drops-half-m...

Oh, dear...there goes the economy! Remember when Nancy Pelosi proclaimed tha for every dollar spent in paying off government benefits, the economy grew by $1.50. I guess it looks like our economy is now suffering more due to less food stamp rolls. More deficit spending now, please!
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:51pm by Jiminy Cricket »  

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:37am:
Oh, dear...there goes the economy! Remember when Nancy Pelosi proclaimed tha for every dollar spent in paying off government benefits, the economy gore by $1.50. I guess it looks like our economy is now suffering more due to less food stamp rolls. More deficit spending now, please!

$1.84 actually

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
- are Democrats upset?

Well people wil be hungry and Scott Pruitt has a $43K soundproof phone booth.  I guess it all depends on what your priorities are.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Oh SNAP!

Quote:
The number of people collecting benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly called food stamps, has been declining since fiscal year 2014.

Consistent with that trend, average monthly enrollment decreased by about 2 million from fiscal year 2016 to fiscal year 2017.

That decrease happened only partly on President Donald Trump’s watch.

Trump took office on Jan. 20, 2017, while the 2017 fiscal year ran from Oct. 1, 2016, to Sept. 30, 2017. So, about four months — a third of that fiscal year — were during Barack Obama’s presidency.

But some pundits have attributed the entire drop in enrollment last fiscal year to Trump’s policies after the Department of Agriculture released data for the last fiscal year on March 9.

On “Fox & Friends” on March 17, Rachel Campos-Duffy said: “Two million Americans are off of food stamps. This is, like, the opposite of what happened in the Obama administration, where we saw that number grow. In one year, it’s coming down.”

It’s true that the number of people enrolled in SNAP initially increased during the Obama administration — reaching a peak average monthly enrollment of 47.6 million in fiscal year 2013. That rise was a consequence of the deep recession that began in 2007, according to a 2012 report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

However, as the economy recovered and poverty and unemployment rates decreased, so did SNAP enrollment, according to the USDA’s Economic Research Service. Enrollment was down to 42.7 million in January 2017, when Obama left office.

That decline has continued under Trump.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/oh-snap-misleading-claims-on-benefit-enrollmen...

OK...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
Well people wil be hungry and Scott Pruitt has a $43K soundproof phone booth.  I guess it all depends on what your priorities are.

What was the liquor bill for the Obama's each week for their cocktail parties (for Barack, it was more kock than tail)?

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:07am:
I think there's a difference between people actually dropping off and just lower enrollment

Nice catch. The spin was certainly dizzying though!  Grin

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:07am:

- 3 million added then 4 million off - doesn't that equal less?
- what was the drop the following months? - half million?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › More than half a million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in a single month

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules