Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why does the US need ANY immigration?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why does the US need ANY immigration? (Read 419 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Why does the US need ANY immigration?
Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  

Legal or illegal?

The importation of millions of Mexicans by the leftwing and businesses is strictly to serve their own political and financial interests, respectively.  They don't give a damn if in the process they turn this country intro another Mexico.  When vast numbers of people are imported form a different country, more importantly a different culture, in a historically short period of time, the need for and likelihood of assimilation disappears.  I can't think of another time in history when any country has done this.

What about the ONE MILLION legal immigrants per year?  Why do we need them?  I've heard an argument that it stimulates the economy, but that sounds a lot like a Ponzi scheme to me.

Remember when the libs supported Zero Population Growth?  If we get millions and millions and millions of more people, don't we need thousands and thousands of more miles of road and infrastructure?  Don't we need more and more power plants generating greenhouse gases?  Don't we create mountains of more trash?  Aren't the freeways more clogged?  ALL FOR WHAT??

Why, when they say robots will take over many if not most jobs, do we need more people?  I think we need LESS people.  We can import a small number of highly qualified people - but why import MILLIONS of people??

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Why does the US need ANY immigration?
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
A lot of us would not be here.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Lovefingers wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:37pm:

What - you just got here?

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Lovefingers wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:37pm:

Yes. On Tuesday.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:15am
Print Post  

didn't your ancestors immigrate here when there were no immigration laws   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:28am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:15am:
didn't your ancestors immigrate here when there were no immigration laws   Roll Eyes

Mine did. My dad disguised himself as Tom Jones and mom disguised herself has Shirley Bassey.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:05am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 12:15am:

Yes - that was then and this is now:

Then: A nearly empty continent, getting immigration from almost only Europe, with the creation of a nation and state based on the best values of that continent, with room for all comers.

Now:  A long-existing state and nation of a distinct culture, with about 1/3 billion people, and no need for any more people.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:43am
Print Post  
It’s not a matter of *NEEDING* immigrants. At this point, we don’t. But we are definitely a better country when we bring in talented and ambitious people who want to be here and embrace the opportunities that America provides.

I liken it to the NBA. The league doesn’t *NEED* foreign players, but it has benefitted from bringing in the very best talent from all around the globe. The NBA truly showcases the best of the best, and everybody winds up winning.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:53am
Print Post  
- how many decades there was no immigration? - 1920s to - 1960s?
- economy was good from the 40s to 60s - wages increased

- wage increases better or worse for the average person after immigration started around 1970?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:05am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:33pm:
Legal or illegal?

The importation of millions of Mexicans by the leftwing and businesses is strictly to serve their own political and financial interests, respectively.  They don't give a damn if in the process they turn this country intro another Mexico.  When vast numbers of people are imported form a different country, more importantly a different culture, in a historically short period of time, the need for and likelihood of assimilation disappears.  I can't think of another time in history when any country has done this.

What about the ONE MILLION legal immigrants per year?  Why do we need them?  I've heard an argument that it stimulates the economy, but that sounds a lot like a Ponzi scheme to me.

Remember when the libs supported Zero Population Growth?  If we get millions and millions and millions of more people, don't we need thousands and thousands of more miles of road and infrastructure?  Don't we need more and more power plants generating greenhouse gases?  Don't we create mountains of more trash?  Aren't the freeways more clogged?  ALL FOR WHAT??

Why, when they say robots will take over many if not most jobs, do we need more people?  I think we need LESS people.  We can import a small number of highly qualified people - but why import MILLIONS of people??

You're right.  Let's take your argument to its logical conclusion, why have population growth at all?  If the population of humans grows we need more roads, water, food, housing, etc.  What happens when the native population growth exceeds a certain amount deemed "unnecessary"?

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why does the US need ANY immigration?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules