Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › intelligent design
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) intelligent design (Read 2,267 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: intelligent design
Reply #190 - May 14th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
KW680 wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 10:27am:
BUT YOU are discussing were we created by God or are we some lab Rats so YES it does revolve around christianity and Non  Christianity.

No, it does NOT revolve around Christianity and non-Christianity.  It does not even revolve around religion.  I am the "creator" of the thread, you know. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #191 - May 14th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 9:52am:
My understanding of the Big Bang theory, which I believe is the theory du jour of the beginning of the universe (and one to which I subscribe) is that there was this infinitely dense singularity.  It contained all matter that ever existed or ever will exist, my understanding being that under that theory matter cannot be either created or destroyed.  If it cannot be created, it just was.  If time and space both came into being (that is, began) at the moment that infinitely dense singularity exploded. it stands to reason that it (the infinitely dense singularity) was in existence prior to the beginning of space and time (which, according to my non-scientifically trained understanding, exist sort of togther in what is called a "space/time continuum").

This thread has (counting this one) 191 replies.  Not bad.  I would like to keep it going.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #192 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 5:52pm:
This thread has (counting this one) 191 replies.  Not bad.  I would like to keep it going.

I appreciate you doing so, EF. I’ve enjoyed the thread.

If the electorate is corrupted dangerously by facebook accounts and fake news then democracy is an unfit form of government in this new, modern world.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #193 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
I appreciate you doing so, EF. I’ve enjoyed the thread.

Thanks.  I have, too.  I'm really glad that thin skinned moderator in the alleged "sciences and wonders" forum wouldn't permit it to remain there.  That forum is, shall we say, a tad moribund.  This thread deserves better than that. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #194 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:01am
Print Post  
I was hoping the fellow who asked me what "allowed" me to say something existed outside of time and space would respond to my response.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #195 - May 15th, 2018 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 11:01am:
I was hoping the fellow who asked me what "allowed" me to say something existed outside of time and space would respond to my response.

But apparently not.  To summarize:

An infinitely dense singularity containing all matter that exists exploded in what we call the Big Bang billions of years ago.  Space and time began at that point.  Matter was flung into a void that is not space, and space and matter continue to expand into that void.  That infinitely dense singularity either existed on its own without benefit of a Creator or a Creator made it.  I submit that the second option (a Creator) requires less suspension of disbelief, but both require a good bit of it.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #196 - May 15th, 2018 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 10:20pm:
But apparently not.  To summarize:

An infinitely dense singularity containing all matter that exists exploded in what we call the Big Bang billions of years ago.  Space and time began at that point.  Matter was flung into a void that is not space, and space and matter continue to expand into that void.  That infinitely dense singularity either existed on its own without benefit of a Creator or a Creator made it.  I submit that the second option (a Creator) requires less suspension of disbelief, but both require a good bit of it.

Your "creator" option requires the greatest suspension of disbelief.. 

You're taking something so mind blowingly unique as THE UNIVERSE and multiplying it by infinity with a double super mind blowingly unique being existing outside of spacetime all while insisting that the creator didn't need a creator... he just is.. A courtesy you will not extend to the universe.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #197 - May 16th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 10:36pm:
Your "creator" option requires the greatest suspension of disbelief.. 

You're taking something so mind blowingly unique as THE UNIVERSE and multiplying it by infinity with a double super mind blowingly unique being existing outside of spacetime all while insisting that the creator didn't need a creator... he just is.. A courtesy you will not extend to the universe.

It's not a matter of "extending a courtesy."  It's a matter of deciding which of the two scenarios I presented requires less suspension of disbelief.  So far, I believe you are the only person who has offered an opinion that it requires less suspension of disbelief to assert that an inexplicable, infinitely dense singularity could exist outside of time and space than is required by a belief in an inexplicable Creator who exists outside of time and space.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2018 at 4:31pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #198 - May 16th, 2018 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
It's not a matter of "extending a courtesy."  It's a matter of deciding which of the two scenarios I presented requires less suspension of disbelief. .

And you chose the one that requires TWO super mind blowingly unique occurrences.

The one that we've seen and to some extent understand it's evolution you insist HAD to have a creator .. 

The other is the creator which we know nothing about but you say has exited outside of spacetime and did not itself require creation..

With that it should be clear to anyone giving it honest examination that a universe sans creator requires less suspension of disbelief..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #199 - May 16th, 2018 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 4:33pm:
And you chose the one that requires TWO super mind blowingly unique occurrences.

The one that we've seen and to some extent understand it's evolution you insist HAD to have a creator .. 

The other is the creator which we know nothing about but you say has exited outside of spacetime and did not itself require creation..

With that it should be clear to anyone giving it honest examination that a universe sans creator requires less suspension of disbelief..

I laugh at your description of God because that is exactly what he is mind-blowing!  He is not a mortal man, he is a Creator who spoke life by mere words.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › intelligent design

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules