Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where's the evidence for nothing existing and then something existing?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where's the evidence for nothing existing and then something existing? (Read 932 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Where's the evidence for nothing existing and then something existing?
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Yeah, loads, mostly about various cities, rulers and wars.

Seawolf can help you here.

Bullshit! There are plenty of works of fiction that take place in real places. Most of the 19th-century literature for example. Stop being a useful idiot.

As for the "rulers", pretty much everything about them is wrong. Solomon was the head honcho of a few villages for example. He was never a king.

This is well documented by current archeology but these idiots are still in denial about it.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:45am by BowHunter »  

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:05am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:40am:
Bullshit! There are plenty of works of fiction that take place in real places. Most of the 19th-century literature for example. Stop being a useful idiot.

As for the "rulers", pretty much everything about them is wrong. Solomon was the head honcho of a few villages for example. He was never a king.

This is well documented by current archeology but these idiots are still in denial about it.

Fiction set in real locations is fiction still, of course it is.

In numerous cases (I could dig up a link but you'll accept the point) the Bible is the earliest secondary source affirming historical record.

Time distorts details, and later historians would have looked through the lens of their own time; the word 'king' in Soloman's time may well have meant 'head honcho of  a few villages' and nobody using it would have attached the grandeur of much later 'kings' to it at the time.

I don't think such details matter much really.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:05am:
Fiction set in real locations is fiction still, of course it is.

In numerous cases (I could dig up a link but you'll accept the point) the Bible is the earliest secondary source affirming historical record.

Time distorts details, and later historians would have looked through the lens of their own time; the word 'king' in Soloman's time may well have meant 'head honcho of  a few villages' and nobody using it would have attached the grandeur of much later 'kings' to it at the time.

I don't think such details matter much really.

It matters that at that time, the Hebrews were so insignificant that they went almost unnoticed for hundreds of years. They were some minor ethnic group that later rewrote their past the way they do it in 1984. Most of the things have been exaggerated on purpose. Not by natural distortions or accident. It was a deliberate act of self-denial and glorification. The way the Nazis did when they rewrote history for the brief time that they were in political control of part of Europe. The Hebrew killed the people that were there before them.  The Archeologists found entire cities burned to the ground by pillagers and later on they (the descendants of the pillagers) told stories about how it was necessary because "God" told them to do so. It's not even an original development.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:19am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:40am:

useful idiots are the best kind

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:55am:
It matters that at that time, the Hebrews were so insignificant that they went almost unnoticed for hundreds of years. They were some minor ethnic group that later rewrote their past the way they do it in 1984. Most of the things have been exaggerated on purpose. Not by natural distortions or accident. It was a deliberate act of self-denial and glorification. The way the Nazis did when they rewrote history for the brief time that they were in political control of part of Europe. The Hebrew killed the people that were there before them.  The Archeologists found entire cities burned to the ground by pillagers and later on they (the descendants of the pillagers) told stories about how it was necessary because "God" told them to do so. It's not even an original development.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's a tragedy and a crime that it's still going on now (well, not so much genocide and enslavement but certainly land theft and mistreatment) in Palestine and lots of religious people are cool with it because God.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
Hard fact? Really?

Yes.  Do you think there are absolutely no hard facts in the Bible at all? That absolutely nothing in it actually happened?  There's not a single reputable historian who would agree.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:41pm:
Yes.  Do you think there are absolutely no hard facts in the Bible at all? That absolutely nothing in it actually happened?  There's not a single reputable historian who would agree.

Now, are you thinking of the Book of Mormon?

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Now, are you thinking of the Book of Mormon?

Right, the Book of Mormon is entirely fictional.  The Bible definitely is not.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 13th, 2018 at 7:44pm:
Right, the Book of Mormon is entirely fictional.  The Bible definitely is not.

I literally laughed out loud, several times, when I read the Book of Mormon.

How on Earth does anybody take that seriously?

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Glad we call all agree the Book of Mormon is a forgery.  Wink

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where's the evidence for nothing existing and then something existing?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules