Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Lunar Recession - Why You Should Believe In Creation ...And Not Evolution
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lunar Recession - Why You Should Believe In Creation ...And Not Evolution (Read 122 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Lunar Recession - Why You Should Believe In Creation ...And Not Evolution
May 7th, 2018 at 4:40pm
Print Post  

Excellent point.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Lunar Recession - Why You Should Believe In Creation ...And Not Evolution
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 4:40pm:

Excellent point.

I get the feeling this is more about promoting a young earth belief than a creation belief.  It also presumes there is conflict between a belief in an intelligent designer and a belief in evolution.  There is not.  The terms are not mutually exclusive.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
I get the feeling this is more about promoting a young earth belief than a creation belief.  It also presumes there is conflict between a belief in an intelligent designer and a belief in evolution.  There is not.  The terms are not mutually exclusive.

So explain the idea that we are billions of year old which goes against the evidence of the moons movement.  I am all ears, but your statement does not counter the evidence.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
So explain the idea that we are billions of year old which goes against the evidence of the moons movement.  I am all ears, but your statement does not counter the evidence.

I don't know why I can't fall back on what young earthers do - the evidence is misunderstood.  That's what they say about carbon dating.

That the moon is receding at a more or less constant rate right now does not mean it always has.

edited to add  https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Recession_of_the_Moon
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2018 at 7:22pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
I don't know why I can't fall back on what young earthers do - the evidence is misunderstood.  That's what they say about carbon dating.

That the moon is receding at a more or less constant rate right now does not mean it always has.

edited to add  https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Recession_of_the_Moon

Does not mean it always has, is there another theory that counters that the moon moves?  Your article has a lot of "could have" remarks.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Does not mean it always has, is there another theory that counters that the moon moves?  Your article has a lot of "could have" remarks.

I realize we are on two different ends of a spectrum of creation theory and neither of us is likely to move the other one.  All I can add is there is a whole lot more objective evidence in support of old earth than there is young earth.  And old earth belief does not contradict the Bible, IMO, if one recognizes the primary purpose of the Bible is God's progressive revelation to his creation.  IOW, it ain't meant to be no science book.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
And my initial reply was meant to show that the title of your thread would more properly be "why you should belielve in a young earth rather than an old earth."  I will admit there are isolated pieces of evidence one can use to support one's belief in a young earth.  But for every ounce of such evidence, one must ignore at least ten pounds of evidence in support of an old earth.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
I realize we are on two different ends of a spectrum of creation theory and neither of us is likely to move the other one.  All I can add is there is a whole lot more objective evidence in support of old earth than there is young earth.  And old earth belief does not contradict the Bible, IMO, if one recognizes the primary purpose of the Bible is God's progressive revelation to his creation.  IOW, it ain't meant to be no science book.

The issue with you link is that the individual wanted to make the discussion personal and was insulting.  Not a good start, he also received a warning for not providing a link to one of his pieces.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2018 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 3:15pm:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Recession_of_the_Moon

A few seconds on the net.

I looked at the sums; it would make my head hurt but I could check them out for current values.

Really hurt.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Lunar Recession - Why You Should Believe In Creation ...And Not Evolution

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules