Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Monday Our Embassy Opens In Jerusalem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Monday Our Embassy Opens In Jerusalem (Read 1,405 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Monday Our Embassy Opens In Jerusalem
Reply #110 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
Nope.  I don't think anyone, other than you, has ever asserted that all the Jews arriving in what was then known as Palestine in 1948 only wanted to farm a few acres.  I don't think anyone with just a little knowledge of history ever would, either.

I don't care what anyone "thinks".   Cite facts from a credible, neutral source, or shaddup.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #111 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:30pm
Print Post  

^ How about Walter Laqueur’s A History of Zionism.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #112 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
The palestinian argument is really irrelevant, almost as much as they are.

Israel fought, and they won. It's theirs.

It's like Americans came and conquered the indians. We won. It's ours. To the victor go the spoils.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #113 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
How is it unjust? God gave Israel to the Jews.

Lol

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #114 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 7:30pm:

The Pledge by Leonard Slater is a good book on this subject, too.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #115 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 6:38pm:
The problem, though, is that Israel’s formation as a country was done by unjust means.

You can’t really expect people still suffering from that to be cool with it.

I’m sure there’s some justification in varied religious texts, but that’s not exactly a sensible foundation for political decision making.

The problem with your thinking is you ignore the fact that Arabs own 99% of all the land in the Middle East and the world is upset with a tiny nation that owns less then 1% of the land and to me, that is insane.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #116 - May 15th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:56am:
The problem with your thinking is you ignore the fact that Arabs own 99% of all the land in the Middle East and the world is upset with a tiny nation that owns less then 1% of the land and to me, that is insane.

I don't know that the whole world is upset with that tiny nation, but the people who were run out of that tiny nation 70 years ago are still kind of PO's about it.  (And that 1% doesn't even have any oil under it!) At least their descendants are.  Lest they forget about it and move on, they even celebrate an annual Day of Catastrophe to commemorate it.  These current "demonstrations" may be a little more extreme than prior years because of the recent Jerusalem embassy announcement, but I think that kind of stuff happens every year around this date.  (And really, that announcement hasn't changed much of the status quo.  There was already a consulate in Jerusalem and most of the embassy employees are going to remain in Tel Aviv until a new embassy building is built.  All this is really going to do is cause the taxpayers of the US several to several hundred million dollars to construct a building in Jerusalem to perform functions that until it;s finished will continue to be performed well enough in Tel Aviv.  So it's bascially a job creation bill, and Trump ran on creating jobs.)

I don't know what I would feel if I were one of those folks or a descendant of one of those folks.  But I hope I would realize, after 70 years, some compromise needs to be made with the Israelis.  And I would hope the Israelis would be willing to consider such.  Both groups have a right to exist.

I would also, I hope, understand that the Israelis have more reason to be distrustful of the Palestinians than the other way around.  As the drunken thug Rodney King said after the LA riots, "Can't we all just get along?"

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #117 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
They were run out, because in 1948 after the British just left, they joined in with seven invading arab armies in an attempt to annihilate the jews.  Having aready seen that movie in Europe during WW2, the jews declined to be annihilated and expelled the would-be annihilators.  Lots of other arabs left voluntarily , expecting to return after a future, successful annihilation, but that has never come.  The non-genocidal arabs who didn't flee are citizens of Israel today.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #118 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:48am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 11:35am:
They were run out, because in 1948 after the British just left, they joined in with seven invading arab armies in an attempt to annihilate the jews.  Having aready seen that movie in Europe during WW2, the jews declined to be annihilated and expelled the would-be annihilators.  Lots of other arabs left voluntarily , expecting to return after a future, successful annihilation, but that has never come.  The non-genocidal arabs who didn't flee are citizens of Israel today.

EF, here is the issue with your view is you ignore what actually transpired.  This would be a completely different scenario had everyone abided with the terms.  The Arabs had zero tolerance to the Jews who have just as much historical claim to the land if not more as the Arabs.  The first aggressors were the Arabs, the predominate attitude that started this is still prevalent, their insistence that Israel has no right to exist.  This goes directly to the very core of the issue of this problem.  All Israel is asking is the right to exist, start here and then we may see progress.  Of course little matters when it boils down to prophesy, which does state there will be peace, but that starts the clock at that stage.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #119 - May 15th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 7:30pm:

This is the book I originally read to get an understanding of modern Israel.

A History of Israel

I think Moishe recommended it to me once.

I found it fascinating.

While it's not very pro Israel despite being written by an Israelite, it really helped me to understand how early Jewish leaders felt and viewed the world. 

You really cannot view Israel without realizing how the trauma of the holocaust impacted every one of the early leaders and how it shaped their worldview and the decisions they made. 

Netanyahu may have been born in Tel Aviv after the holocaust, but you can damn well bet he was raised by parents who had their lives and worldview shaped by the holocaust.

It's odd how people can be so sympathetic to the legacy of slavery here in the United States and how it has impacted our black neighbors, yet the same people completely ignore the impact the holocaust had on the people of Israel.

I was one of them before I read that book.  Leftists are astonishingly naive on the subject of Israel.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Monday Our Embassy Opens In Jerusalem

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules