Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › OT: The history of Jasmine in the LNF
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) OT: The history of Jasmine in the LNF (Read 601 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

OT: The history of Jasmine in the LNF
May 13th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
(Yes, I’m bored.)

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, George W. Bush was U.S. President. And a beautiful young college dropout, finding herself drawn to the world of politics, decided to find a conservative forum in which to discuss Sept. 11, Saddam Insane and other hot-button topics of that particular time. The year, I believe, was 2002.

This stunningly attractive lass had gotten her “political” feet wet in, of all places, a pro wrestling forum hosted by a delightful woman named Krystle. And her forum was a rescue effort after the board we all frequented, Mark Madden’s site, called it quits. This young, wide-eyed beauty - her name is Jasmine - loved talking pro wrestling, but inevitably politics would frequently sneak into the discussions.

Jasmine voted for the very first time in 2000, supporting Bush. She was excited and happy when he won. She had a very hopeful and optimistic view for our country, especially with the stain of Bill Clinton wiped away. Things were looking up.

Then Sept. 11 happened.

(Switching over to first-person now.)

When I joined LNF, I was not fully accustomed to political discussions. I was pretty naive and very unfamiliar with terms like “straw man” and “theocracy.” Still, I was fascinated by the people in the forum. There were leftist-libbies like Rytis and Judemeyer, and conservatives like Justice for All and American Patriot. And then there was Arthur King, who was just...unique.

After a while, as I got more comfortable in the forum, I became more assertive with my opinions. And as I grew more assertive, I became less patient with libbies who attacked my views. They kept telling me, “You’re so close-minded!” My reply to them was always, “The problem with being open-minded is that your brain eventually falls out.” I also liked to say, “I’m so far right, Rush Limbaugh needs binoculars to see me.”

I was good at comebacks. I always was. That’s what happens when you’re the youngest child - and only girl - of a family with four kids. I could never fight my older brothers physically, but I had a smart wit and a big mouth. The problem was, once I started teasing, I had a hard time stopping.

And that got me into some trouble here in the LNF. I happily engaged in insult wars with several posters, including a few conservatives. I made TexasFred and HorseLady so crazy that they lost it and got banned from the forum.

I thought, “Hey, this is fun.”

As time went on, I became known as “JasMean” or the “Queen of Mean.” I reveled in it. The problem was, I was being a big fat jerk. I very much remember when Ren and Josie first appeared here, I just attacked them relentlessly. That was all 100 percent my fault. Of all the things I’ve done here, that is by far my biggest regret.

People tried to get me to be kinder. Mercy For All, in particular, gently prodded me every now and again. He tried to tell me that I often made good points, but they would get lost amidst all the venom I spewed. Admin also did his best to get me to tone it down.

I also began using the forum as a creative outlet, writing skits and poems. I have lots of favorites, like Obama challenging a Special Olympics kid at bowling.

I just loved the people here. Mercy. Walkstall. Bert. Harry. Taxed. Solar. Quilter. Harley. LadyBug. Wally. Freedomlover. Capitalist Pig. Rabbit. Shooter. Bob Larkin. Etc., etc., etc. I was especially happy when a fellow holdover from Krystle’s board, Danny Borden, joined up.

There were some that I just couldn’t get along with. I never liked Rick. And then there was LadyLawyer, who I dubbed Jew Hater because of her constant support of the palestinians and her anti-Israel diatribes. In fact, one of my favorite skits that I wrote here involved LNFers as young children, and I had LL putting her Barbie in an Easy Bake Oven.

But after a while, it stopped being fun coming here. I had no one to blame but myself. Also around this time, a couple of things happened in my personal life that really devastated me. So I deleted my LNF account and left the forum for a while - around a year or so.

If I had stayed, in terms of post count, I think I definitely could have given Bert a run for his money!

I returned because I missed everyone here. And when I did, I decided to drop the venom and just get along with everyone. Walks teases me that I am the kinder, gentler Jasmine. But I like it. I enjoy LNF a lot more because I never worry about out-flaming anyone.

Now, I just enjoy being a part of our dysfunctional LNF family. That is why I like to help with our Year-End Awards and our NFL Weekly Picks. I enjoy contributing.

I still have the same opinions, though. I’m never going to change my views just to accommodate anyone.

The 2018 me is a lot different from the 2002 me. I’m more mature. Less naive. More skeptical. And more independent minded. For a while there, during my absence, I was battling depression - and it felt like I was losing. But I can say now that a lot of my happy-go-lucky attitude is back - thank you, God - and no political debate is ever going to change that. It’s just not worth it.

I still have my wit when I need it. I still remain close minded. And I’m still smoking hot (well, for my age).

The End.

Favorite LNF Feud: Rob Larrikin. I actually miss that guy.

Departed Poster I Miss Most: Mercy For All.

One Thing I Have Never Done in LNF: I’ve never complained to Admin or asked him to ban anyone.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2018 at 11:25pm by Jasmine »  

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

Zephyr
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Re: OT: The history of Jasmine in the LNF
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
You must be really bored to do all that typing

How has LNF changed since you started?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Zephyr wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:15pm:
You must be really bored to do all that typing

How has LNF changed since you started?

Z-Man!  Smiley

Yes. And I typed it on my iPad, too. One hand.

How has it changed? A lot more liberals are here. And the partisanship is the worst it’s ever been.

You’ve certainly been here long enough, Z. How do you think LNF has changed?

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
By the way, I wrote this as a way to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to share your LNF history either in this thread or your own thread.  Smiley

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative2

Release the Pee Tape!

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Aw, now, I'm just a wee bit disappointed so far.

Judging from the title, I was hoping for a photographic exposition on the slime mold fruiting body from which Yasmeanial emerged.

Maybe I can find something suitable via Google.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:48pm:
Aw, now, I'm just a wee bit disappointed so far.

Judging from the title, I was hoping for a photographic exposition on the slime mold fruiting body from which Yasmeanial emerged.

Maybe I can find something suitable via Google.

Wow. Words can’t even describe how weak that was.

IP Logged

Zephyr
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
Z-Man!  Smiley

Yes. And I typed it on my iPad, too. One hand.

How has it changed? A lot more liberals are here. And the partisanship is the worst it’s ever been.

You’ve certainly been here long enough, Z. How do you think LNF has changed?

I think you nailed it, there seems to be more liberals here. There used to be more of a balance
Thats kind of the way it goes when the Left is in power, they arent as vocal.
And when the right is in power, you cant shut the right up. Especially with Trump in there

IP Logged

Whatever she brings we sing
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
Wow. Words can’t even describe how weak that was.

You've got an angry groupie.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Zephyr wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:51pm:
I think you nailed it, there seems to be more liberals here. There used to be more of a balance
Thats kind of the way it goes when the Left is in power, they arent as vocal.
And when the right is in power, you cant shut the right up. Especially with Trump in there

Oh, I think there’s a good balance.

The good guys include you, me, RWB, Bert, Walks, Josie, LadyC, Harry, RWB, Robth, Christophe, Wally, Seawolf, Stu, Genessee, Patrick, A-Mom, Maestro, etc. etc. etc. There are lots of us.

There’s even a fake conservative named Luther.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #9 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Whatever she brings we sing wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 11:56pm:
You've got an angry groupie.

Why do I get the dumb ones? What did I ever do to deserve this?  Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › OT: The history of Jasmine in the LNF

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules