Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Interesting opinion piece
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Interesting opinion piece (Read 782 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Interesting opinion piece
Reply #10 - May 16th, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
I don't mean just "law abiders." (You and I both know there are not many of those, especially among those who claim to be "law abiders.")    I mean mainly those who hide behind an alleged relationship to Jesus Christ that does not exist.  I think the group that is commonly referred to as the "religious right" in the media is crawling with people like that. 
The media is not a good reference regarding anything related to Christianity.  They are about as ignorant to the word of God as they come and hostile.
You are going to have to give me examples because I am not following.  If you mean self-proclaiming Christians who never read their Bible, never pray but profess to be a Christian, say because they were baptized as a child?
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2018 at 5:35pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - May 16th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 5:29pm:
The media is not a good reference regarding anything related to Christianity.  They are about as ignorant to the word of God as they come and hostile.
You are going to have to give me examples because I am not following.  If you mean self-proclaiming Christians who never read their Bible, never pray but profess to be a Christian, say because they were baptized as a child?

I mean people who seem to believe that when Jesus returns, he's gonna be wearing a blue suit, white shirt, and red tie and sporting a Rolex watch and the first thing He's gonna do is register as a Republican.  I mean people who allegedly look at their WWJD bracelet and decide, with respect to the borders, they should don cammies, grab their assault rifles, and head south.  I mean people who refer to other human beings as "sand monkies."

You know some, too.  Maybe more than I do.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 7:03pm:
I mean people who seem to believe that when Jesus returns, he's gonna be wearing a blue suit, white shirt, and red tie and sporting a Rolex watch and the first thing He's gonna do is register as a Republican.  I mean people who allegedly look at their WWJD bracelet and decide, with respect to the borders, they should don cammies, grab their assault rifles, and head south.  I mean people who refer to other human beings as "sand monkies."

You know some, too.  Maybe more than I do.

Is that intended to be an insult towards your brother.    I have not seen any nor do I know any but you seem to think I do based on your verbiage.  Let's act like you and I are on the same team because if not, one of us is in eternal trouble my friend.  If you think my soul is in peril then by all means let me know, you have a duty, no a command to do so.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Is that intended to be an insult towards your brother.    I have not seen any nor do I know any but you seem to think I do based on your verbiage.  Let's act like you and I are on the same team because if not, one of us is in eternal trouble my friend.  If you think my soul is in peril then by all means let me know, you have a duty, no a command to do so.

You have inferred where I have not implied. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
You have inferred where I have not implied. 

Thank you for the clarity.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - May 17th, 2018 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Then please educate me what is a right wing Christian in CONTEXT to the teachings of Jesus?  The Bible says there is no wiggle room so I am failing to understand what a right wing Christian is.  To me you are either a follower of Christ or you are not, no right or left but I may have missed something in my Bible studies so please enlighten em.   Undecided

Right wing politics is characterised by a lack of empathy and compassion, whereas Christianity is rather the opposite.

I’ve never understood how anyone can perform the mental gymnastics necessary to convince themselves that they are both.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Right wing politics is characterised by a lack of empathy and compassion, whereas Christianity is rather the opposite.

I’ve never understood how anyone can perform the mental gymnastics necessary to convince themselves that they are both.

It's called schizophrenia.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2018 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 2:48pm:

I think the definition and the reality is as vast as east is to west.  It just seems to help us categorize people we do not know.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 18th, 2018 at 6:40am:
I think the definition and the reality is as vast as east is to west.  It just seems to help us categorize people we do not know.

No, genuinely- the essence of the Right in politics is to leave the weak behind, to gather unto oneself and to erect fences.

I’m sure you will recognise that.

Christianity is (up to a point) about kindness, sharing and compassion.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - May 19th, 2018 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 19th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
No, genuinely- the essence of the Right in politics is to leave the weak behind, to gather unto oneself and to erect fences.

I’m sure you will recognise that.

Christianity is (up to a point) about kindness, sharing and compassion.

Well, politics plays no part in our walk, so to say there is a right or left leaning Christian is a fallacy contrary to the teachings of Jesus.  You are either a follower or you are not.  There simply is no left or right.  Now to the world that is how they see everything, let or right regarding politics.  I am not sure you realize this but there are Dems and Republican who are also Christians.  Also, categorizing someone is a weakness in that you can not easily put anyone in a box.  Everyone is unique with their views and their opinion, so your generalization is a failure at best... 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Interesting opinion piece

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules