Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ranking President Trump's accomplishments
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ranking President Trump's accomplishments (Read 893 times)
wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Re: Ranking President Trump's accomplishments
Reply #30 - May 15th, 2018 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 10:23am:
I can understand 1 and 2, though I do not agree they were accomplished or are a good thing, but 3 makes no sense to me. It sounds like you are saying that the media makes you feel inadequate, like you are less than them (like they are elite, and you are not).

Then you misunderstand.  It is more that I dislike the tactics and actions of large numbers of them.  Elite in their own circles is what is generally meant when people refer to "the elite media", etc.

Quote:
And now you are happy that you have someone in power that makes you feel good, and puts those bad media people in their place. That is one heck of a superficial reason to be happy with this guy.

No, more like I am rather fed up with the terrible policy of career politicians, media personalities, etc. and like the idea of someone upsetting their entrenched interests.  Even if it is someone who might not have the best strategy himself.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #31 - May 15th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
Then you misunderstand.  It is more that I dislike the tactics and actions of large numbers of them.  Elite in their own circles is what is generally meant when people refer to "the elite media", etc.

No, more like I am rather fed up with the terrible policy of career politicians, media personalities, etc. and like the idea of someone upsetting their entrenched interests.  Even if it is someone who might not have the best strategy himself.

Yeah, but it is "entrenched interests" who are being vigorously courted and catered to by Trump.  Pruit is shutting down global warming work at the EPA on behalf of Big Fossil.  DeVos is working to protect and shelter a highly profitable private college system corrupted by fraud.  Zinke is paying for helicopter rides out of money dedicated to fighting forest fires.  Freakin Goldman Sachs is running the economy.  Are they not an "entrenched interest"?

When he campaigned for the tax cut, he said repeatedly that the rich weren't getting anything out of it.  Then, hours after signing it into law, he had a party with a few hundred of his closest friends at Mar-a-lago and told them "you all just got a lot richer!"

He was supposed to be the guy who'd get China to stop currency manipulations and such.  Now he's bending over backwards to help a Chinese company -- that is so corrupt it is undermining sanctions on Iran and NK, and has been putting electronic back-doors on consumer devices for sale in the US.

His favorite political leaders on the international stage are kleptocrats like Putin, Kim, and Duerte, while he shuns long-standing allies like Merkel and May.  Who looks more like an "entrenched interest", Putin or Merkel?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #32 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
Yeah, but it is "entrenched interests" who are being vigorously courted and catered to by Trump.  Pruit is shutting down global warming work at the EPA on behalf of Big Fossil.  DeVos is working to protect and shelter a highly profitable private college system corrupted by fraud.  Zinke is paying for helicopter rides out of money dedicated to fighting forest fires.  Freakin Goldman Sachs is running the economy.  Are they not an "entrenched interest"?

When he campaigned for the tax cut, he said repeatedly that the rich weren't getting anything out of it.  Then, hours after signing it into law, he had a party with a few hundred of his closest friends at Mar-a-lago and told them "you all just got a lot richer!"

He was supposed to be the guy who'd get China to stop currency manipulations and such.  Now he's bending over backwards to help a Chinese company -- that is so corrupt it is undermining sanctions on Iran and NK, and has been putting electronic back-doors on consumer devices for sale in the US.

His favorite political leaders on the international stage are kleptocrats like Putin, Kim, and Duerte, while he shuns long-standing allies like Merkel and May.  Who looks more like an "entrenched interest", Putin or Merkel?

I was referring to the "Washington/Beltway/etc. Establishment".  The Clintons.  The Bushes.  McCain.  The New York Times.  The Washington Post.  The Huffington Post.  Joe Scarborough.  Chris Matthews.  Van Jones.  Mitt Romney.  The "we-know-better-than-you"  "elites".  The smug, arrogant members of the media who wine and dine with career politicians and their career political operatives and work together to set the narrative in favor of establishment political wants.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #33 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
I was referring to the "Washington/Beltway/etc. Establishment".  The Clintons.  The Bushes.  McCain.  The New York Times.  The Washington Post.  The Huffington Post.  Joe Scarborough.  Chris Matthews.  Van Jones.  Mitt Romney.  The "we-know-better-than-you"  "elites".  The smug, arrogant members of the media who wine and dine with career politicians and their career political operatives and work together to set the narrative in favor of establishment political wants.

So you have exchanged what you view as smug arrogant journalists and career politicians for even more smug and arrogant entrenched wealthy elite oligarchs.

Good work there.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #34 - May 15th, 2018 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 11:04pm:
So you have exchanged what you view as smug arrogant journalists and career politicians for even more smug and arrogant entrenched wealthy elite oligarchs.

Good work there.

I don' think I said anything about exchanging.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #35 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:12am
Print Post  
It's kind of a blind spot for conservatives, who like to consider themselves the anti-elite.  Then they nominate/elect the pinnacle of the elite to lead their party, like the Bush family, Romney, and Trump.  Bush 43 was born into great wealth in CT, went to Harvard AND Yale, dodged the draft through family connections, and became a confirmed politician, but with his faux-TX accent and photo-ops of his "brush clearing" he managed to make republicans think he was an ordinary guy who'd take down the "elites".  You know, those insufferable people born into privilege and trained from birth to work their family connections.

Reminds me of another republican president...

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #36 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:23am
Print Post  

wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 11:29pm:
I don' think I said anything about exchanging.

You didn't have to.

By focusing on what you call the elite and smug journalists, bureaucrats, and politicians, you've left a vacuum into which has stepped the even more elite and smug wealthy oligarchy.

Maybe it wasn't what you wanted. Maybe you abrogated  your responsibility to vote for the lesser evil. I don't know, I just know that's what we all got from the last election cycle.

And it is not good.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #37 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:46am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:12am:
It's kind of a blind spot for conservatives, who like to consider themselves the anti-elite.  Then they nominate/elect the pinnacle of the elite to lead their party, like the Bush family, Romney, and Trump.  Bush 43 was born into great wealth in CT, went to Harvard AND Yale, dodged the draft through family connections, and became a confirmed politician, but with his faux-TX accent and photo-ops of his "brush clearing" he managed to make republicans think he was an ordinary guy who'd take down the "elites".  You know, those insufferable people born into privilege and trained from birth to work their family connections.

Reminds me of another republican president...

The one who gave those guys the finger?  Nah, those guys gave in to the media.  When the establishment media clutched their pearls about something they said they couldn't get out there fast enough to spin and apologize.  Trump most often figuratively gave them the finger and told them to pound sand ("you are fake news", "go back to univision", etc.).  When their opponents feigned offense over something they said or did, they folded, apologized, gave up and accepted a couple point loss in the polls (but at least it wasn't 5 points, amirite?).  Trump, generally, ignored such calls and continued with his message while his poll numbers generally improved the entire time (there were, of course, ups and downs, but the trend is clear).

Where Mitt Romney had to practically apologize for his wealth because he offered a ten thousand dollar bet, Trump bragged about owning a Gucci store worth more than him.  When they tried to do the same to Trump, he gave them the finger, while they waited anxiously for tax returns, the release of which they eventually realized was not up to them as it so often had been.  "Elite" in this case isn't about money, by the way.

When they repeatedly shrieked about this or that offensive thing he said and exclaimed how it was over for him, he flipped them off (figuratively, of course) and went back to talking about coal workers, Obamacare premiums and trade.  And while people like Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell were smugly telling him he had no chance because of establishment themes like "gender gaps" and "white, college educated, whatever" he was out offering people in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania a different path.  A chance for the people who get their hands dirty to throw a wrench into the machine that creates an endless stream of journalists to call them stupid and the status quo politicians whose boots those journalists can't wait to lick.

These are the journalists who almost certainly voted overwhelmingly for the most establishment candidate in a long time, who probably sobbed on election night, before regrouping and going on rural safaris to find out why these stupid folks would vote for such a buffoon (side note: I don't see any reason so far why any one of these people would decide not to vote for him the next time around).  Because F- you, that's why.

Anyone who has seen it will know that everything I am saying is right in line with and nearly echoing what Michael Moore said before the election about why Trump would win (there are various videos on Youtube that have the Audio from Moore, some set to powerful music, even).  Why he would win the votes from the "forgotten men and women", the "Joe Blows", in "the Brexit states" of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio. 

But ya, he's a rich guy or something.

It isn't about how much money he has.

PS:  I bet Queshank can articulate the point I am trying to make better than I have.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #38 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:23am:
You didn't have to.

By focusing on what you call the elite and smug journalists, bureaucrats, and politicians, you've left a vacuum into which has stepped the even more elite and smug wealthy oligarchy.

Vacuum?  They are all still there.

John Kerry is out doing foreign policy as if he is still employed by the government.

The bureaucracy rolls on.

The smug media personalities are still ranting and raving and writers are pumping out 30 million word pieces on how stupid working class citizens of Wisconsin and Michigan are too dumb to vote the way they "should".

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't what you wanted. Maybe you abrogated  your responsibility to vote for the lesser evil. I don't know, I just know that's what we all got from the last election cycle.

And it is not good.

Meh.  I can't think of how it is any worse than what we had before Trump.  So I'll take the middle finger to the establishment.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #39 - May 16th, 2018 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 7:46am:
2. Bringing jobs back to China.

Greg

Grin Cheesy Grin Shocked Angry

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ranking President Trump's accomplishments

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules