Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ranking President Trump's accomplishments
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ranking President Trump's accomplishments (Read 787 times)
Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Ranking President Trump's accomplishments
Reply #40 - May 16th, 2018 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
41) Radical Islamist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan “described himself as mujahedeen” and yelled “Allahu Akbar” as he murdered 13 of his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood. The Obama Administration labeled that as "workplace violence" rather than admitting there was a terrorist attack on his watch.

42) He released 5 Taliban terrorists In exchange for deserter Bowe Bergdahl.

43) Americans died at Benghazi because Obama’s administration didn’t take their repeated requests for additional security seriously.

44) Russia annexed Crimea while Obama did nothing of consequence to discourage it from invading. That’s not a surprise for a President who is fond of throwing out “red lines” that don’t mean anything.

45) Obama’s premature pull-out in Iraq and foolish refusal to get a status of forces agreement in Iraq left the country vulnerable and led to the terrorists in ISIS taking over a large portion of that country.

46) Barack Obama unilaterally implemented the DREAM Act that Congress didn’t pass and illegally handed out work permits to illegal aliens.

47) Obama is threatening to bypass Congress and simply “legalize” millions more of illegal immigrants even though it’s illegal and unconstitutional and it hurts the American people and will further encourage even more illegal aliens to surge across the border.

48) The fence on our southern border was supposed to be completed by 2009. The Obama Administration has made it clear that it doesn’t intend to finish it during his presidency.

49) Barack Obama is deliberately creating a crisis on the southern border by refusing to deport illegal aliens crossing into our country.

50) For all practical purposes, Barack Obama has already unilaterally implemented amnesty in America because “at least 99.92% of illegal immigrants and visa overstays without known crimes on their records” aren’t being deported.
Smiley
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:
No sense talking to you.

Who the hell bought up Obama? You did

The topic is Trump

It's more like,, there's just no talking to you Roll Eyes

Focus

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #41 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
He also promised to "drain the swamp".

All he's done is overflow it with raw sewage.

Trump's doing a hell of a job of draining the swamp his supporters want drained.  One of the most entertaining and revealing aspects of the blind spots in the NeverTrump crowd is how everyone decided they know better than Trump's supporters what was meant.  Almost every time I see someone say "OMG another Goldman Sachs employee in the administration!  TRUMP IS FILLING THE SWAMP!  HE SO STUPID!" I laugh.

But to know that you'd have to /gasp/shudder listen to what Trump's supporters have to say.  Wouldn't want to get any of that disgusting filth on you would you Ulysses?

Trump Really Is Draining The Swamp

President Donald Trump is significantly decreasing the size of the federal bureaucracy, a campaign promise he often referred to as “draining the swamp.”

'Mapping the Swamp' report finds 30,000 feds earn more than any governor

Tens of thousands of federal employees earn more money than any U.S. governor, according to a new report that reveals some eye-popping stats on government spending for the federal workforce.

The 40-page report, titled “Mapping the Swamp” and released by government watchdog group OpenTheBooks, focused on the “size, scope and power” of the federal government -- and found salary spending for high-paid employees on the rise.

Trump Goes After Automatic Raises, ‘Worst’ Employees to Drain the Swamp

Most federal employees—99.7 percent, in fact—get a “performance based” raise each year under the government’s pay system.

President Donald Trump wants to change that as part of his new budget plan, in keeping with his campaign promise to “drain the swamp” of entrenched federal bureaucrats.

Draining the swamp: Trump eliminates nearly 11K federal jobs in first six months

As a candidate, President Donald Trump promised to “drain the swamp” of entrenched government workers, and a new report indicates that he’s been doing exactly that.

I think it's funny that people on the left never once paid any attention to Trump's speeches but claim they did.

Was Trump ambiguous in his definitions?  Absolutely.  That was his whole style.  He let his supporters define what he meant when he said and went with what they wanted.

But I tell you what he and his supporters aren't going to do.  They aren't going to let YOU define the swamp.  Losers don't get to make those decisions.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
BTW when you wonder why Trump's support in his base isn't going down because he's not fulfilling his campaign pledge to "drain the swamp" (as you define it) ... you're welcome.

Queshank

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #43 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:46am:
The one who gave those guys the finger?  Nah, those guys gave in to the media.  When the establishment media clutched their pearls about something they said they couldn't get out there fast enough to spin and apologize.  Trump most often figuratively gave them the finger and told them to pound sand ("you are fake news", "go back to univision", etc.).  When their opponents feigned offense over something they said or did, they folded, apologized, gave up and accepted a couple point loss in the polls (but at least it wasn't 5 points, amirite?).  Trump, generally, ignored such calls and continued with his message while his poll numbers generally improved the entire time (there were, of course, ups and downs, but the trend is clear).

Where Mitt Romney had to practically apologize for his wealth because he offered a ten thousand dollar bet, Trump bragged about owning a Gucci store worth more than him.  When they tried to do the same to Trump, he gave them the finger, while they waited anxiously for tax returns, the release of which they eventually realized was not up to them as it so often had been.  "Elite" in this case isn't about money, by the way.

When they repeatedly shrieked about this or that offensive thing he said and exclaimed how it was over for him, he flipped them off (figuratively, of course) and went back to talking about coal workers, Obamacare premiums and trade.  And while people like Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell were smugly telling him he had no chance because of establishment themes like "gender gaps" and "white, college educated, whatever" he was out offering people in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania a different path.  A chance for the people who get their hands dirty to throw a wrench into the machine that creates an endless stream of journalists to call them stupid and the status quo politicians whose boots those journalists can't wait to lick.

These are the journalists who almost certainly voted overwhelmingly for the most establishment candidate in a long time, who probably sobbed on election night, before regrouping and going on rural safaris to find out why these stupid folks would vote for such a buffoon (side note: I don't see any reason so far why any one of these people would decide not to vote for him the next time around).  Because F- you, that's why.

Anyone who has seen it will know that everything I am saying is right in line with and nearly echoing what Michael Moore said before the election about why Trump would win (there are various videos on Youtube that have the Audio from Moore, some set to powerful music, even).  Why he would win the votes from the "forgotten men and women", the "Joe Blows", in "the Brexit states" of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio. 

But ya, he's a rich guy or something.

It isn't about how much money he has.

PS:  I bet Queshank can articulate the point I am trying to make better than I have.

I do not see the long-term effectiveness of giving them the middle finger. Seems childish.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:12am:
I do not see the long-term effectiveness of giving them the middle finger. Seems childish.

Well you're seeing the long term results of the coastal "elites" giving flyover country the finger for a long, long time.  Oh if only they'd realized it was childish while they were doing it.

Queshank

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #45 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:15am:
Well you're seeing the long term results of the coastal "elites" giving flyover country the finger for a long, long time.  Oh if only they'd realized it was childish while they were doing it.

Queshank

I see your point, but where does most of the population live. Where does most of each dollar come from? Where is the innovation happening? The most influential companies?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:17am:
I see your point, but where does most of the population live. Where does most of each dollar come from? Where is the innovation happening? The most influential companies?

Who cares?

Those areas have also shaped public policy to benefit themselves the most at the expense of the rest of the country.  NAFTA for example...which was basically an agreement cementing trickle down policy as international trade.

Where does the food come from?  Where does the oil come from?  You wanna get into the importance of the contributions citizens make?  That seems incredibly short sighted.  And un American.

Queshank

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #47 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
The bottom line here is that Trump is a fraud and a con-man. He's fooled enough of you that you still can't see the real Trump through his smoke and mirrors.

One thing that was claimed really amuses me: infrastructure. Sure, he's promised the moon on that, but hasn't delivered a single road or bridge. And if you scratch the surface, his proposals amount to little more than a giveaway to his fellow wealthy oligarchs, at taxpayer expense.

When will Trump's co-dependent voters wake up?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #48 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:12am:

Yes, call them childish.  That is exactly what you need to do to get them to change their minds.  Don't you think you should throw in racist, too?  Maybe deplorable?  [/sarcasm]

My gosh, this is the exact attitude that swung so many people in favor of Trump.

As much as the Clinton email thing helped Trump, I would say that "basket of deplorables" was far more effective.

Quote:

Almost like the establishment feels that everyone else ought to be "forgotten".  Where I have I heard that before?  Oh, right, the Trump campaign and Michael Moore.  They pointed out (and in Trump's case listened to, spoke like and to, and sought votes from) these "forgotten men and women".  There are a lot of them in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Keep up this kind of elitism if the goal is for Trump to be re-elected.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #49 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
One thing that was claimed really amuses me: infrastructure. Sure, he's promised the moon on that, but hasn't delivered a single road or bridge.

Ulysses...

Trump unveiled his plan in February of this year. The Democrats in Congress proposed their plan around the same time.

How many bridges did you expect by now?

My point was that Trump is siding with the liberal position (government spending on infrastructure is good). You should be happy about that. The spin that he is just doing it for his friends is likely nonsense, but it doesn't matter. He is encouraging the GOP base to accept the liberal case for infrastructure spending and they seem to be going along with it.

That is an accomplishment you should be happy about. Small, sure, but it's there.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ranking President Trump's accomplishments

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules