Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › North Korea threatens to cancel talks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) North Korea threatens to cancel talks (Read 619 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: North Korea threatens to cancel talks
Reply #40 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:24am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 8:13am:
Always so cool watching you spin for trump.

billy.pilgrim wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 5:19pm:
Pointing out the obvious has nothing to do with rooting for anything

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #41 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 8:02am:
Personally I think South Korea, basically the world, and Trump and Pompeo way overplayed their hand by revealing how important this is to them.  It gave Kim an artificially inflated impression as to how much leverage he has.

The best move for Trump now is probably to walk away, cancel the meeting himself and simply resume military threats and keep ratcheted up sanctions in place "until Kim realizes his position."

It's worth pointing out that Trump won't walk away.

That's not how deals get made.  The global news has been all about how Trump and Moon have maneuvered Kim into complete capitulation.  Kim needs something in return to save face.

So we will give him something.  And then we'll go through 3 months of rhetoric and news about how Kim is playing this administration just like North Korea has always done.

My suggestion for Trump walking away as the best move for Trump is for domestic and non Korean relations.  Bargaining with Kim is obviously the best move for our relationship with North Korea.  But I'm not sure our relationship with North Korea is the most important one. 

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
Did I?

Queshank

Yes you did.  You said that Hillary was the war hawk.  We all remember that.  BTW, did your son enlist, now that the peace man is in the White House

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #43 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:15am
Print Post  

Former diplomat's take on N. Korea's recent moves...

Quote:
#NorthKorea’s pushback on the “Libya-style solution” is a rebuke of Bolton’s constant references to it and his not so subtle attempts to undermine the talks before they begin. It’s a direct message to Trump to put a muzzle on Bolton. 1/

Some are saying the North Koreans are unfazed by Trump’s unilateral violation of the #IranDeal. But the concerns raised by Kim Gye Gwan about the sequencing of denuclearization first, compensation second suggest otherwise. 2/

A straightforward bargain forms the basis of the #IranDeal: If you agree to verifiable restrictions on your nuclear activities, we'll lift sanctions. In other words, sanctions aren’t purely punitive -- there is a way out from under them if you fulfill your commitments. 3/

The North Koreans see the #IranDeal as a diplomatic route to sanctions relief and other concrete economic benefits. Now that perception has been turned on its head. Trump has sabotaged our bargaining position before even getting to the negotiating table. 4/

https://twitter.com/suzannedimaggio/status/996743451726237697

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 10:02am:
Yes you did.  You said that Hillary was the war hawk.  We all remember that.  BTW, did your son enlist, now that the peace man is in the White House

Um.  I stated an empirical fact.  Hillary Clinton is a warhawk.  Not was.  That's irrefutable.  Electing Hillary was a guarantee of electing a warhawk as a president.  I said Trump was an unknown as he has no record on the issue.

And yes my son did enlist.  He ships out for Basic on June 5th.  Thanks for asking Wads.

Queshank 

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative2

It's the corruption, stupid!

Reply #45 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 7:41am:
Enjoy your day, I have no time or desire to turn this into a personal attack or insult fest.

How convenient now that you've gone overboard with the personal attacks and insults.

Smiley

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 10:47am:
Um.  I stated an empirical fact.  Hillary Clinton is a warhawk.  Not was.  That's irrefutable.  Electing Hillary was a guarantee of electing a warhawk as a president.  I said Trump was an unknown as he has no record on the issue.

And yes my son did enlist.  He ships out for Basic on June 5th.  Thanks for asking Wads.

Queshank 

Would he have enlisted if Hillary was president? And what would have been so horrible and different than what we are going through now?  BTW, you did not say Trump was an unknown.  You beleived his rhetoric about not participating in foreign wars.  Which I stated to you was unrealistic thinking.

Wish your son all the best in the foreign land that he is being deployed to.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #47 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  

From Reuters...

Quote:
North Korea says rejects Libya-style denuclearization of North Korea.

North Korea says will need to reconsider summit with U.S. if Washington insists on North giving up nuclear program.

North Korea says Trump will remain as failed leader if he follows in the footsteps of previous U.S. presidents.

Source

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
Would he have enlisted if Hillary was president? And what would have been so horrible and different than what we are going through now? 

Yes.  He would have.  My son has been planning on entering the military since he was about 9 years old.

Quote:
BTW, you did not say Trump was an unknown.  You beleived his rhetoric about not participating in foreign wars.  Which I stated to you was unrealistic thinking.

I said he has no record to judge, he has only rhetoric which has actually been anti war.  I'll repeat because it was so unusual at the time.  The man stood in front of an entire Republican audience, with 16 other Republican candidates, and called the Iraq War the worst foreign policy mistake in modern US history.

Quote:
Wish your son all the best in the foreign land that he is being deployed to.

Can you tell me which wars Trump has started since you wanna go balls deep on Trump the warmonger still?

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
From Reuters...

Source

Posturing?

I think this is honestly because the global media has been talking about Trump and Moon getting the Nobel and basically shaming North Korea for months.  Making it look like Kim is capitulating on all fronts.

Kim needs an out to save face.  We act like it's Kim's opinion only that matters in North Korea.  That's hardly the case. 

It'll be bad for Trump politically to give him one.  But good for the world.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › North Korea threatens to cancel talks

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules