Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis (Read 377 times)
Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
May 16th, 2018 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Oops ..   My bad ... .

6 states sue maker of OxyContin as they battle expenses, human costs of opioid crisis

So?  Why sue drug makers and not gun makers?  Hypocrisy?

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:09am
Print Post  
What has the gun maker done other than manufacture the gun?

They are not suing the maker of the drug because of the drug, they are suing them for putting up shell companies to flood the market (if I understood the complaint right), as well as other nefarious activities.

Phuck all you are stupid.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

you wait ...

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Fuddy Duddy wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:09am:
What has the gun maker done other than manufacture the gun?

They are not suing the maker of the drug because of the drug, they are suing them for putting up shell companies to flood the market (if I understood the complaint right), as well as other nefarious activities.

And you're so stupid that you can't see that it's the same?  ..

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:12am:

So answer my phucking question, moron.  What has the gun maker done, other than mfg. the gun?  Have they misrepresented their company?  No.  The gun is not an addictive product.  The drug makers know it is addictive, and scheme to put it in the hands of addicts.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
I dunno Christophe.  I think an argument can be made that guns are addictive.

There's a phenomenon in the guitar world called Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  It's not just a joke.  It's true.  The more you learn about guitar the more you realize you need more sonic colors to paint with. 

Guns have a similar affect on a lot of people.  Not everybody who buys a gun winds up with 30 of them. 

But not everyone who takes Oxycontin winds up an addict either.

What's stupid is these states thinking they can sue the makers of a drug that's working as intended and doing what it's supposed to do.  Oxycontin isn't something people can buy over the counter at Walmart.  It's highly regulated by the state.  If the state wants to sue somebody, I'm thinking "the state" is who they should be suing.

And to respond to Fiddler's question ...

No it's not hypocrisy.  It's stupidity.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

you wait ...

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Fuddy Duddy wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:15am:
So answer my phucking question, moron.  What has the gun maker done, other than mfg. the gun?  Have they misrepresented their company?  No.  The gun is not an addictive product.  The drug makers know it is addictive, and scheme to put it in the hands of addicts.

Take it easy, Snowflake ..  Boy, you nitwits get all emotional when someone points out your inconsistencies ..

BTW - What makes you so damn stupid as to imagine that guns aren't an addiction? 

America's Gun Addiction

Our nation is addicted to guns, with increasingly deadly consequences.

Wherever you find addiction, there you find denial.  The alcoholic who says, “I can quit any time I want,” and the gambling addict who says, “If I hit this time it’ll all work out,” are in the same boat as those who say, “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”  They are all addicts in denial, refusing to see the overwhelming evidence of the damage caused by their behavior.

Psychology Today

Addicted To Guns? Here’s How Using A Firearm Affects Your Biology

Despite their clear danger, many people enjoy firing guns in their spare time as a form of entertainment, and there may be a biological reason. When you fire a gun, your body releases hormones called endorphins, Forbes reported. These hormones promote a calm, relaxed feeling, and although they are meant to help alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with firing such a powerful weapon, they can also induce a pleasurable “high-like” sensation. These are the same hormones that are released when we have sex or use certain drugs, so it’s easy to see how some can get hooked on the feeling of using a gun.

Medical Daily

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #6 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:29am:
Take it easy, Snowflake ..  Boy, you nitwits get all emotional when someone points out your inconsistencies ..

BTW - What makes you so damn stupid as to imagine that guns aren't an addiction? 

America's Gun Addiction

Our nation is addicted to guns, with increasingly deadly consequences.

Wherever you find addiction, there you find denial.  The alcoholic who says, “I can quit any time I want,” and the gambling addict who says, “If I hit this time it’ll all work out,” are in the same boat as those who say, “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”  They are all addicts in denial, refusing to see the overwhelming evidence of the damage caused by their behavior.

Psychology Today

Addicted To Guns? Here’s How Using A Firearm Affects Your Biology

Despite their clear danger, many people enjoy firing guns in their spare time as a form of entertainment, and there may be a biological reason. When you fire a gun, your body releases hormones called endorphins, Forbes reported. These hormones promote a calm, relaxed feeling, and although they are meant to help alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with firing such a powerful weapon, they can also induce a pleasurable “high-like” sensation. These are the same hormones that are released when we have sex or use certain drugs, so it’s easy to see how some can get hooked on the feeling of using a gun.

Medical Daily

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey young little white boy, .. you really are a moron!  Grin

You Idiot, guns are not addictive, and it's not the gun that decides to murder somebody. -- you idiot liberals are so damn dumb that you don't realize that those that would ban guns would be putting them in the hands of the law-breaking violent criminals, because, they don't respect the laws in the first place.

You get some asshole M.D. liberal to tell us about ''endorphins'' .. which supposedly help create a gun high, thus trying to say it's addictive, yet, you moron liberals like to claim that reefer is not addicting.  Grin   Smiley

Imbeciles, imbelices..   Smiley the whole damn lot of you!   Grin

Geeze, .. is it any wonder as to WHY your modern liberalism is mental disorder?    Smiley

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

you wait ...

Reply #7 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:50am:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=14]Hey young little white boy, .. you really are a moron![/

[size=16]You Idiot, guns are not addictive, and it's not the gun that decides to murder somebody. -- you idiot liberals are so damn dumb that you don't realize that those that would ban guns would be putting them in the hands of the law-breaking violent criminals, because, they don't respect the laws in the first place.[

[size=16]You get some asshole M.D. liberal to tell us about ''endorphins'' .. which supposedly help create a gun high, thus trying to say it's addictive, yet, you moron liberals like to claim that reefer is not addicting.

[size=16]Imbeciles, imbelices..    the whole damn lot of you!

[size=18]Geeze, .. is it any wonder as to WHY your modern liberalism is mental disorder?

No stu(pid)..  you may not suck my balls..

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:20am:
I dunno Christophe.  I think an argument can be made that guns are addictive.

There's a phenomenon in the guitar world called Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  It's not just a joke.  It's true.  The more you learn about guitar the more you realize you need more sonic colors to paint with. 

Guns have a similar affect on a lot of people.  Not everybody who buys a gun winds up with 30 of them. 

But not everyone who takes Oxycontin winds up an addict either.

What's stupid is these states thinking they can sue the makers of a drug that's working as intended and doing what it's supposed to do.  Oxycontin isn't something people can buy over the counter at Walmart.  It's highly regulated by the state.  If the state wants to sue somebody, I'm thinking "the state" is who they should be suing.

And to respond to Fiddler's question ...

No it's not hypocrisy.  It's stupidity.

Queshank

Name one mass murderer who used an high capacity rifle that spoke about the need to shoot it because of addictive behavior towards the rifle, and not kill with it.  I don't see your analogy, while cool and relatable, working here.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:12am:

Lol. Sure it is. Somehow, I’ve bought guns from these manufacturers and I haven’t used them to hurt anybody.

Would suing knife manufacturers be “the same” as well?

If the electorate is corrupted dangerously by facebook accounts and fake news then democracy is an unfit form of government in this new, modern world.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules