Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis (Read 470 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #10 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Fuddy Duddy wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Name one mass murderer who used an high capacity rifle that spoke about the need to shoot it because of addictive behavior towards the rifle, and not kill with it.  I don't see your analogy, while cool and relatable, working here.

That's a fair point.  I'm talking about buying more guns as if it's relevant to there being an addictive need to shoot guns.

I retract my cool and relatable analogy.  So long as we can all agree it's cool and relatable.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #11 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
LOL

It's so silly now that I reflect on it.

It's like I'm arguing there's Oxycontin addicts just collecting bottles and bottles of pills.  Piles of them in their closets.  In their living rooms on shelves spilling onto the floor.  Just pills laying everywhere.  Once in awhile ... like every couple months on a weekend ... the Oxycontin collecting addict will take a pill or two.  But for the most part he keeps them in display cases and hanging on the walls.  Just this wide variety of pills and pill bottles in a variety of shapes and sizes.

God damn that picture is entertaining me now.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
So where does this stop?  Do we sue automobile manufacturers, after all they kill more people then guns?  How about swimming pool manufacturers?  The list is endless as to how this sort of logic can be weaponized.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:04am:
Oops ..   My bad ... .

6 states sue maker of OxyContin as they battle expenses, human costs of opioid crisis

So?  Why sue drug makers and not gun makers?  Hypocrisy?

LOL I took you at face value Fiddler.  Remind me not to do that.

Now I read the article...

Attorneys general in six states filed lawsuits Tuesday against the maker of OxyContin and other pain medicines, for what the Texas attorney general called misleading marketing tactics that are fueling the nation's opioid epidemic.

Texas' lawsuit accuses Purdue Pharma, the privately held manufacterer of OxyContin, of violating the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act

Um.  Okay.

Now if you can tie that into what gun manufacturers do to warrant your charges of hypocrisy, that'd be great.

Queshank

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - May 16th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
It’s just window dressing for the voters. These are highly regulated drugs, approved by the fda. Sue them if you have a problem with their being legal.

Of course fiddles has a big problem with personal choice and accountability to these lawsuits get him excited.

IP Logged

Fuddy Duddy
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - May 16th, 2018 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Frenchconnection for the win!

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #16 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:26pm
Print Post  

are any states suing car manufactures for the injuries or deaths from drunk driving or illegal street racing?

IP Logged

Mr Kite and his benefit
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #17 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
This will set a great precedent. Any manufacturer of anything that can be used to commit a crime will be open to lawsuits .

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  

and a murder weapon can be just about anything from a chair to sweat pants

https://list25.com/25-of-the-most-bizarre-murder-weapons-ever/

IP Logged

Mr Kite and his benefit
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Sweatpants are especially lethal if never washed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules