Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis (Read 515 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #20 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:29pm
Print Post  

Next:  30,000 families sue road makers cuz their family member got killed on a road.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis
Reply #21 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:29am:
Take it easy, Snowflake ..  Boy, you nitwits get all emotional when someone points out your inconsistencies ..

BTW - What makes you so damn stupid as to imagine that guns aren't an addiction? 

America's Gun Addiction

Our nation is addicted to guns, with increasingly deadly consequences.

Wherever you find addiction, there you find denial.  The alcoholic who says, “I can quit any time I want,” and the gambling addict who says, “If I hit this time it’ll all work out,” are in the same boat as those who say, “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”  They are all addicts in denial, refusing to see the overwhelming evidence of the damage caused by their behavior.

Psychology Today

Addicted To Guns? Here’s How Using A Firearm Affects Your Biology

Despite their clear danger, many people enjoy firing guns in their spare time as a form of entertainment, and there may be a biological reason. When you fire a gun, your body releases hormones called endorphins, Forbes reported. These hormones promote a calm, relaxed feeling, and although they are meant to help alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with firing such a powerful weapon, they can also induce a pleasurable “high-like” sensation. These are the same hormones that are released when we have sex or use certain drugs, so it’s easy to see how some can get hooked on the feeling of using a gun.

Medical Daily

Addicted? Ha ha ha ha. I guess all the guys that play golf are addicted too, and the tennis players along with the pool sharks. You are a jerk pal. I have been shooting in competition for years. To me it is a challenge, because I hate when my rounds are not in the black. Too many in the 8 and I grind my teeth. Just like the other sports players. It is a challenge. I like the one on one challenge.
Why do some people have more than one gun? Because they need them. I have a small Beretta automatic pistol that shoot only 22 shorts. It was my mothers, she passed away and I kept it. I have a S&W 22 target pistol, I have a S&W .357 revolver, that I use shooting only .38 rounds in revolver competition, 25 and 50 yards. I have a 44 magnum which I mostly use to shoot in silhouette shooting because the last targets are 200 meters away. I have a colt 1911 45 that I put together myself, Essex aluminum frame, slide WW2 made in Ithaca NY. Modern parts some I had to machine myself. And a colt 1911 45 done over by a professional gun smith that I use in center fire competition. And my S&W 9mm that I carry for my self-defense. I Have an AR15 to protect my country from liberal idiots that want to take our freedom and give us a communist country, and I have an over and under 12ga. Beretta shotgun for clay pigeons, which I am not very good at. That is why people have more than one gun.
Also I have a WW2 Japanese rifle, it was my wife’s fathers. To me it is a collectable. Some people have many antique firearms. Get it now stupid?
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
And Fiddler, there are laws that are supposed to keep drugs sold as prescription by a doctor only. Any other way is illegal, and there are jail consequences. Just like there are laws supposed to keep guns from criminals, and people with sickness that effects their minds. And if sold illegally, there are consequences, jail as well as fines. If you buy a gun legally, and knowingly sell it to a felon, you are a felon and can do up to five years for each gun sold.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
And all you liberal anti-gun posy’s. How about that latest school shooting where the armed guard put a bullet in the shooter?  Did that school have some NRA student protection training?
And armed security guard. OH boy.

Police say the 19-year-old fired shots at Dixon High School. A school resource officer confronted the shooter, who ran from the school and shot at the officer. The officer returned fire, striking the suspect.
Authorities say the shooter suffered non-life-threatening injuries and remains hospitalized. The officer was uninjured.
Authorities originally said the man was not a student. However, Superintendent Margo Empen told Sauk Valley Media the suspect was not expelled, did not drop out and was eligible to graduate with his class.
Empen said she could not provide further details because of school privacy laws.
___
1:00 p.m.
Authorities say students did exactly as they were trained to do when a school resource officer and a former student exchanged gunfire at a northern Illinois high school.
Officer Mark Dallas shot and injured the 19-year-old gunman at Dixon High School and took him into custody Wednesday morning.
At a news conference a few hours later, officials said they were pleased to discover that students had barricaded themselves into classrooms by blocking doorways with chairs, desks and other furniture.
Police have not said why the former student came to the school armed with a gun on a day when students were rehearsing for their upcoming graduation ceremony.
Lockdown has been lifted at the other schools in the city about 80 miles (130 kilometers) west of Chicago.
___
12:10 p.m.
A police chief says a school resource officer saved lives when he confronted an armed 19-year-old former student at a high school in northern Illinois.
Police Chief Steven Howell said at a news conference that the officer shot and wounded the lone gunman at Dixon High School about 8 a.m. Wednesday. No one else was hurt.
Howell says the former student fired several shots near the school gymnasium and ran away when the officer confronted him. He says the teenager turned and shot at the officer, who then returned fire.
Howell praised the officer for saving lives. He says the gunman is in custody with non-life-threatening injuries.
City manager Danny Langloss told Sauk Valley Media that students had been gathered in the gym for graduation practice when the shooting happened.
___
10:15 a.m.
Officials say a police officer working at a northern Illinois high school shot and wounded a former student who fired a gun at him.
The shooting happened in the Dixon High School gymnasium at about 8 a.m. Wednesday.
City manager Danny Langloss says students were gathered there for graduation practice when the officer exchanged gunfire with the gunman. Authorities haven't provided the gunman's name. Lee County Sheriff John Simonton tells Sauk Valley Media he is a 19-year-old former student.
Langloss says the gunman is in custody with what he describes as non-life-threatening injuries. He says neither the officer nor anyone else was injured.
All schools in the city about 80 miles (130 kilometers) west of Chicago have been placed on lockdown while the shooting is investigated.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article211255129.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article211255129.html#storylink=cpy

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:04am:
Oops ..   My bad ... .

6 states sue maker of OxyContin as they battle expenses, human costs of opioid crisis

So?  Why sue drug makers and not gun makers?  Hypocrisy?

Stupid

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #25 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:56am:
No stu(pid)..  you may not suck my balls..

Ancient Chinese proverb: Stu is so stupid he doesn't even know how to suck eggs...

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Frenchconnection wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:09am:
What has the gun maker done other than manufacture the gun?

They are not suing the maker of the drug because of the drug, they are suing them for putting up shell companies to flood the market (if I understood the complaint right), as well as other nefarious activities.

Phuck all you are stupid.   

The gun manufacturers control the NRA, which in turn controls enough in Congress to thwart any and all national legislation to reduce gun violence, deaths, injuries.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:42pm:
The gun manufacturers control the NRA, which in turn controls enough in Congress to thwart any and all national legislation to reduce gun violence, deaths, injuries.

Which Congress has no authority to regulate anything to do with the manufacturing or sale of firearms or determining who can or can't own them.

Looking to the wrong place for answers.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #28 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:35am
Print Post  
If congress is controlled by the NRA why do leftists continue to demand congress pass laws they obviously do not think can be passed because of the NRA?

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #29 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 11:42pm:

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 6 states sue maker of AR-15 as they battle expenses, human costs of gun crisis

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules