Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump (Read 906 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump
Reply #20 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
Oh?  Then what was the point of your sharing a statement about OSHA to try to deflect from these being Obama's rules Wadsworth?

Does it surprise you I read your post?

Queshank
Because they were not Obama's regulations.  OSHA has been in existence since 1970 dimwit.  Where in the article posted does it say OSHA came into existence under Obama?

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm:
Because they were not Obama's regulations.  OSHA has been in existence since 1970 dimwit.  Where in the article posted does it say OSHA came into existence under Obama?

Guess what Wadsworth.

OSHA is still in place.

The regulations that were revoked were Obama's Fair Pay and Safety Rules.

Do you read?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:25pm:
Guess what Wadsworth.

OSHA is still in place.

The regulations that were revoked were Obama's Fair Pay and Safety Rules.

Do you read?

Queshank

It also said that "Another blow to worker safety is Trump’s plans to shrink federal funding for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). "  Do you read.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
To be completely honest I have 2 reasons for my flippant responses in this thread.

1- I was on the safety committee for a factory I worked in for 4 years.   Our job was simply to make sure that each of our departments were complying with OSHA regulations.  Everyone on the committee was of one mind on this observation:  It and the accompanying paperwork was among the biggest wastes of our time.  Hands down.  Every one of us dreaded the monthly meetings because it got in the way of us getting shit done.  That was in 2004 to 2008.  Long before Obama came along with more paperwork to save us all.

2- One of my best friends is the son of a local developer.  I worked part time with him as he trained me in finishing work.  One of their biggest complaints was how expensive it made running their businesses and how it prevented them from hiring the employees they needed to get the jobs they'd bid on done because it increased the cost of hiring new employees exponentially.  And that was before 2004, long before Obama added additional expense and paperwork to save construction workers from themselves.

I grew up in farm country.  I know people who've lost arms.  I had clients who had lost family members.  A few years ago my wife even sang at a farmer's son's funeral when he died on the farmsite.

If you think these people appreciated Obama's interventions on their behalf, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm sorry but despite the fervent wishes of the most ardent of Obama's supporters, there simply isn't enough bubble wrap to go around.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
It also said that "Another blow to worker safety is Trump’s plans to shrink federal funding for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). "  Do you read.

Oh shit.  How will we survive with OSHA at the levels of the 1990s.

The horrors of the 90s.  Remember that Wadsworth?  When people were literally dying in the streets?  It's a good thing my parents had 17 children, cuz 14 of them died in the Great Workplace Disasters of the 90s.  All that remains of our once great dynasty is me and my two sisters.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
Oh shit.  How will we survive with OSHA at the levels of the 1990s.

The horrors of the 90s.  Remember that Wadsworth?  When people were literally dying in the streets?  It's a good thing my parents had 17 children, cuz 14 of them died in the Great Workplace Disasters of the 90s.  All that remains of our once great dynasty is me and my two sisters.

Queshank

I don't know what in the hell you are talking about and probably, you don't either.  But since you are not working in the 15 occupations listed, you don't give a shit.  It is all about you.  So I hope that Trump gives you all of the things in life that you have been lacking under Obama and would have lacked more under Hillary Clinton, the hawk.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
I don't know what in the hell you are talking about and probably, you don't either.  But since you are not working in the 15 occupations listed, you don't give a shit.  It is all about you.  So I hope that Trump gives you all of the things in life that you have been lacking under Obama and would have lacked more under Hillary Clinton, the hawk.

Yeah y'know, as the son of a truck driver, I remember my dad talking about the differences between driving a truck from 1957 to 2008.  And then how suddenly he breathed easier and everything was just so much better and safer almost by magic in 2008.

Oh no wait, that's right he talked about how everyone learned ways around the new regulations like running 2 log books because they were a stupid, expensive waste of time.  My bad.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
Yeah y'know, as the son of a truck driver, I remember my dad talking about the differences between driving a truck from 1957 to 2008.  And then how suddenly he breathed easier and everything was just so much better and safer almost by magic in 2008.

Oh no wait, that's right he talked about how everyone learned ways around the new regulations like running 2 log books because they were a stupid, expensive waste of time.  My bad.

Queshank

Yes, that is about the stupidest comeback ever.  Regulations are for the good of the people.  To help keep them safe.  Employers really don't want to be responsible for the lack of safety.  Until you have had the experience of working under unsafe conditions, I would suggest you just shut up.  You make yourself look like a fool

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:32pm:
To be completely honest I have 2 reasons for my flippant responses in this thread.

1- I was on the safety committee for a factory I worked in for 4 years.   Our job was simply to make sure that each of our departments were complying with OSHA regulations.  Everyone on the committee was of one mind on this observation:  It and the accompanying paperwork was among the biggest wastes of our time.  Hands down.  Every one of us dreaded the monthly meetings because it got in the way of us getting shit done.  That was in 2004 to 2008.  Long before Obama came along with more paperwork to save us all.

2- One of my best friends is the son of a local developer.  I worked part time with him as he trained me in finishing work.  One of their biggest complaints was how expensive it made running their businesses and how it prevented them from hiring the employees they needed to get the jobs they'd bid on done because it increased the cost of hiring new employees exponentially.  And that was before 2004, long before Obama added additional expense and paperwork to save construction workers from themselves.

I grew up in farm country.  I know people who've lost arms.  I had clients who had lost family members.  A few years ago my wife even sang at a farmer's son's funeral when he died on the farmsite.

If you think these people appreciated Obama's interventions on their behalf, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm sorry but despite the fervent wishes of the most ardent of Obama's supporters, there simply isn't enough bubble wrap to go around.

Queshank

As I said, OSHA is not Obama.  One additional regulation passes while he was in office does not make OSHA his.  You are a partisan hack.  Falling for the talking points.  The only reason Trump is pushing back on regulations is because he is an employer.  He feels like you do.  It cost too much money to keep people safe. 

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - May 16th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 1:47pm:
Yes, that is about the stupidest comeback ever.  Regulations are for the good of the people.  To help keep them safe.  Employers really don't want to be responsible for the lack of safety.  Until you have had the experience of working under unsafe conditions, I would suggest you just shut up.  You make yourself look like a fool

Regulations are for the good of the people .... can I quote you on that?

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules