Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump (Read 914 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump
Reply #50 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 8:59pm:
Why are you such a drama queen.  Regulations are there to protect workers.  You have a problem with protecting workers?

Yes.  The government only works in benevolent fashion.  Every government regulation is for the good of the people.  The historical record proves it.

It's just too bad our government didn't care about people until Obama, eh?  Thanks Obama!  You truly are an angel sent from heaven!

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #51 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I didn't know Wadsworth was religious.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Yes.  The government only works in benevolent fashion.  Every government regulation is for the good of the people.  The historical record proves it.

It's just too bad our government didn't care about people until Obama, eh?  Thanks Obama!  You truly are an angel sent from heaven!

Queshank

You are realy an idiot.  Do I have to repeat myself again.  This has nothing to do with Obama

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
You are realy an idiot.  Do I have to repeat myself again.  This has nothing to do with Obama

Why would you think it has nothing to do with Obama?

These are rules the Obama administration put in place that are being reversed.

Wadsworth.  You're being Wadsworth again.  Stop it.

Queshank

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #54 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:17pm:

How are Obama's regulations being repealed not in any way about Obama? Without Obama putting said regulations into law Trump would have not have thrown out these regulations and Useless would not a have started this ridiculously emotional thread.

IP Logged

PeterR
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Malice in Wonderland wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
I didn't know Wadsworth was religious.

Well, if he's old enough, he might have been the inspiration for Edgar Bergen's foil Mortimer Snerd.

Says the guy who "lost his shit after January 20, 2009."
(Or, am I the guy who shit his pants on 9/11 and spent the entire GWOT behind the safety of his monitor?  I can never remember.)

"He was born with the gift of laughter and the sense that the world was mad."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #56 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Okay Wadsworth, as I always do in these threads, I'm going to break it down in the simplest terms possible for you.  Because I love you man.

The original article Ulysses shares addresses three main issues:

For instance, the president signed a bill axing the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rule in April 2017. This rule required federal contractors to report and correct major safety violations.

Another blow to worker safety is Trump’s plans to shrink federal funding for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). One result of this move is there are already fewer safety inspectors to monitor companies across the country.

#1- The bill axing the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rule.  Put in place by Obama.  The final stages hadn't even been implemented yet.  That is what it has to do with Obama.

#2- We already talked about the tiny 1.7% reduction in OSHA's budget.  And as I suggested, that extra funding was in all likelihood to assist with compliance for the extra regulations from the Fair Pay and Safe Workplace rule.  Because it is tiny.  A return to at worst, 2010 funding levels.  (The horrors of the workplace in 2010.  Oh the horrors.)

The second article Ulysses shared:

In fact, OSHA is already delaying enforcement of the crystalline silica standard that applies to the construction industry and reversed an OSHA rule that clarified an employer’s responsibility to maintain accurate records of serious work-related injuries and illnesses.

These regulations were implemented even later.  The "delaying enforcement" part?  Yeah that's because it hadn't even gone into effect yet you knucklehead.  Where did it come from?  The Obama administration.  That is what this has to do with Obama.

You guys all act like everything was a complete shit show in this country until Obama came along.  You're worse than Trump supporters.  It's crappity smacking gross.

I'm not cheering these changes.  But I'm not pissing and moaning about them either for the reasons I stated earlier.  OSHA regulations have become a caricature of themselves.  This kind of regulatory overreach is part of why Trump won the god damned election.  They were already just an inconvenient pain in the ass for EMPLOYEES as far back as when I was working on a safety committee before Obama was even elected.  The fact that there were even more implemented doesn't have me cheering.

But it's the histrionics in the misleading title that's so entertaining.

"These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump."

No.  They are the same as they were.  Considering most of these rules hadn't even been implemented yet.

You all act like Upton Sinclair just published "The Jungle"  five years ago.

Queshank

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #57 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:32pm
Print Post  

A bunch of deep state paper pushers lost their "job".

Drain the swamp.  Wink

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 10:32pm:
A bunch of deep state paper pushers lost their "job".

Drain the swamp.  Wink

No! The swamp is now full pre teens working 96 hours a day in terrible conditions for a dollar a day. The government id finally profitable.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #59 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
There goes Trump, looking out for the little guy...  Smiley

These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump

I have dealt with OSHA a couple of times when I worked for GM. A lot of what they thought was a safety hazard was bull shit. They were good at threatening with fines. I am sure that at times they were right, but a lot of the time it was a waste of time.
The best one that made me shake my head was when one of my millwrights didn’t put a guard back over the pulleys that ran a vent fan. Someone could get their fingers or hand caught in the fan belts. Sure. It was 25 feet up from the floor. There was an outside screened platform under it. The only way to it was with a lift, run by a millwright. And the mill wrights knew that before they would change any worn belts or work on that fan, first they turn off the power and put their lock on it that had their ID on it and they were the only one to remove the lock, unless repairs were made and finished on a different shift, then the Forman could go to the guard at the gate and get the key for the man’s lock. We had to repair the guard and put it on right away or be fined. BS.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › These Jobs Have Become Even More Dangerous Thanks to Trump

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules