Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › purpose of life
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic purpose of life (Read 286 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

purpose of life
May 31st, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  
A Muslim, Bahai, Jew, Christian, and an atheist meet to discuss the purpose and meaning of life.  Each is given two minutes.  All but the atheist protest this is not enough time but rules are rules.

The Muslim starts off, and at the end of his time summarizes "the purpose of life is to discover our creator." The Bahai finishes with his summary "the purpose of life is to be of service to humanity."  The Jew summarizes with "the purpose of life is to prepare for the coming of the Messiah."  And the Christian summarizes with "the purpose of life is to be like Jesus."  The atheist just says "accidit stercore."

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: purpose of life
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Huh, weird.  You get a bunch of different, contradictory answers on the meaning of life - with no way to tell which are right or wrong - and you think that's an argument that there's obviously a right answer.  Bizarre.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:44pm:
Huh, weird.  You get a bunch of different, contradictory answers on the meaning of life - with no way to tell which are right or wrong - and you think that's an argument that there's obviously a right answer.  Bizarre.

I think he was trying to make a small joke, without much success I must add.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

&&

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
So god can point a laugh at our suffer (If there was one).

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:27am
Print Post  
robth wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

Conan?

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:27am:
Conan?

Bingo

&&

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:44pm:

I think that EF means well and his heart is in the right place, but I gotta agree with you that he does list contradictory worldviews which, for the most part, are at complete odds with one another.

First he mentions the muslims. I have studied Islam from all of Islam's most sacred and reputable sources. I did not study Islam from Christian sources, even though I myself am a Christian. The idea is to learn what each worldview teaches from their sources and not outside sources. Now Islam does not share the same God nor the same purpose of life as Jews or Christians do. The ultimate purpose of Islam is to exterminate all disbelievers until there are no more disbelievers left; and then, after the world is conquered for Allah: they are to destroy all life on earth, leaving it bare and incapable of sustaining life.
Jews are divided up into three major sects. But there is the orthodox sect that still awaits for the Messiah. The purpose of Judaism is the keep the law of God and obey His Commandment.
Christians, who accepted Jesus as the Messiah (the Christ), await for Jesus Himself to return with the armies of Heaven for the great Day of Judgement when Jesus resurrects the faithful and then restores the earth to its original beauty. Until then we are to spread the Gospel to the world so that many will be saved. We life a godly, sober and righteous life.

EF already knows the atheist position of the matter but he makes the mistake of assuming Islam is a Divine religion when its really the prophesied Antichrist and nothing fits every prophecy of the Bible concerning the Antichrist better than Islam. But Islam is not the only mover and shaker of the Antichrist kingdom. Anyone and any worldview who joins with them will also be included as being antichrists serving the Antichrist. The evidence of Islam being the power of the Antichrist is absolutely overwhelming.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 10:47am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
I think that EF means well and his heart is in the right place, but I gotta agree with you that he does list contradictory worldviews which, for the most part, are at complete odds with one another.

First he mentions the muslims. I have studied Islam from all of Islam's most sacred and reputable sources. I did not study Islam from Christian sources, even though I myself am a Christian. The idea is to learn what each worldview teaches from their sources and not outside sources. Now Islam does not share the same God nor the same purpose of life as Jews or Christians do. The ultimate purpose of Islam is to exterminate all disbelievers until there are no more disbelievers left; and then, after the world is conquered for Allah: they are to destroy all life on earth, leaving it bare and incapable of sustaining life.
Jews are divided up into three major sects. But there is the orthodox sect that still awaits for the Messiah. The purpose of Judaism is the keep the law of God and obey His Commandment.
Christians, who accepted Jesus as the Messiah (the Christ), await for Jesus Himself to return with the armies of Heaven for the great Day of Judgement when Jesus resurrects the faithful and then restores the earth to its original beauty. Until then we are to spread the Gospel to the world so that many will be saved. We life a godly, sober and righteous life.

EF already knows the atheist position of the matter but he makes the mistake of assuming Islam is a Divine religion when its really the prophesied Antichrist and nothing fits every prophecy of the Bible concerning the Antichrist better than Islam. But Islam is not the only mover and shaker of the Antichrist kingdom. Anyone and any worldview who joins with them will also be included as being antichrists serving the Antichrist. The evidence of Islam being the power of the Antichrist is absolutely overwhelming.

I'm Jewish, and that is NOT what we are taught is the purpose of life. To Jews, the purpose is living right here, right now. We do not believe in an afterlife, so you need to be the absolute best person you can with the time you have. And you need to be thankful for the opportunity to have it.

Where did you get that bogus info about us?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › purpose of life

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules