Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 74th anniversary of D Day today
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 74th anniversary of D Day today (Read 851 times)
Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Re: 74th anniversary of D Day today
Reply #70 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
So Germany would have conquered Britain, which have been a devastating fight for both nations, turned around conquered Russia, which would have been a devastating fight, used massive resources to kill off the local populations and still had the manpower ( millions of men) and tens of thousands of tanks and planes, plus a massive navy to effectively invade America?

Whatever you are smoking must be amazing.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #71 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
So Germany would have conquered Britain, which have been a devastating fight for both nations, turned around conquered Russia, which would have been a devastating fight, used massive resources to kill off the local populations and still had the manpower ( millions of men) and tens of thousands of tanks and planes, plus a massive navy to effectively invade America?

Whatever you are smoking must be amazing.

And even if they didn't invade America, they would have had an iron-clad grip on all these European countries because they would have killed everybody.

But then they would have also had full control of global trade because they controlled all of the resources of these destroyed and depopulated countries... Wait. Who is making stuff? Who is making stuff while also holding down hostile territory from Ireland to Kamchatka? Where are the men to do these things?

Looks like they're going to need to buy stuff. But who would be making things?

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #72 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:11am:
And even if they didn't invade America, they would have had an iron-clad grip on all these European countries because they would have killed everybody.

But then they would have also had full control of global trade because they controlled all of the resources of these destroyed and depopulated countries... Wait. Who is making stuff? Who is making stuff while also holding down hostile territory from Ireland to Kamchatka? Where are the men to do these things?

Looks like they're going to need to buy stuff. But who would be making things?

Well, look at Poland 1938-44.

Depopulation and industry.

Point is, the alt. hist. I’m on about is the one where Britain negotiated peace after the fall of France, or Germany won the Battle of Britain and invaded; the Army couldn’t have defended if-big “if”- that had happened. Almost all the artillery and tanks were list in France.

So, from then, the Western Axis had Europe pretty much sewn up.

That being so, they were in a position to dictate terms to America. These weren’t free marketeers.

The only democracies on the planet in this 1941 would’ve been the US and Canada, and the US didn’t let blacks vote. Any pro-Fascist groups there would be emboldened and enthusiastically supported by Germany.

I agree that an invasion is fanciful; but then.... from Canada, after some treaties about bases? From Mexico after wooing them? Britain’s Caribbean territories are German bases - with powerful French naval units- in this 1941.

I think your democracy would have died.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Space Truckin'

Reply #73 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
I thought crossing the "berm" into Iraq was frightening enough; not knowing what to expect on the other side. These guys knew what they were wading into. It was a meat grinder. With the English channel tactically placed behind them, they had no direction to go but forward. I salute all of them.

But, he can't be wounded 'cause he's got no heart...
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #74 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:12am:
I thought crossing the "berm" into Iraq was frightening enough; not knowing what to expect on the other side. These guys knew what they were wading into. It was a meat grinder. With the English channel tactically placed behind them, they had no direction to go but forward. I salute all of them.

They were pretty impressive chaps.

One of the reasons it went well was this gentleman:

https://news.sky.com/story/man-guilty-of-attacking-96-year-old-d-day-veteran-jim...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/jim-booth-hammer-attack-taunto...

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #75 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
I'm of the firm belief that a world war in any generation would invariably produce heroes and heroic acts.

And that generation would be considered a step above future generations for their grit, honor, and determination, until the next world war produced the next heroic generation.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #76 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
I'm of the firm belief that a world war in any generation would invariably produce heroes and heroic acts.

And that generation would be considered a step above future generations for their grit, honor, and determination, until the next world war produced the next heroic generation.

I sometimes wonder, whilst idly taking a refreshment and watching the world, who are the heroes who weren’t needed.

Apart from silly little indulgences like Afghannand Iraq we’ve not really had a proper war for a long time.

You see the 20-40somethings and wonder.

I think you’re right Bunny. You can’t tell until it happens.  Some of our lazy Xbox playing chubby pot heads would get medals.

I’m very glad they don’t need to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 74th anniversary of D Day today

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules