Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That ..
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That .. (Read 176 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That ..
Jun 8th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  

Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That Mean to Me?’

By: Emilie Cochran
June 7, 2018

(CNSNews.com) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said at her press briefing today that although unemployment is down, government dependency is not--and that wages must rise.

CNSNews.com asked Pelosi: “The unemployment rate in May was 3.8 percent—the lowest it has been in 18 years. Is that good news?

Pelosi said: “Well, as I said, unemployment rate is one indication. The fact is, and this has happened before, that people say: Oh my goodness, that people are saying the unemployment rate is down, why isn’t my purchasing power increasing?

“So, this isn’t just about the unemployment rate, it’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored,” she said.  “Because our economy will never fully reach its possibilities unless we increase the consumer confidence and that can only be increased by a better deal, better jobs, better wages, better future, and lowering costs to families--whether its prescription drugs, by really lowering the cost of prescription drugs--and that list goes on.”

“This is one unusual time and I follow it closely, where the unemployment rate is down, but the dependence on subsidies, food insecurity, housing subsidies, and the rest, has not gone down because of the wage stagnation," she said.

"So, in terms of the national stability of America’s working families," said Pelosi, "unless we have an increase--a very significant increase in wages--bigger paychecks, we are going to increase the frustration of America’s families because they’ll be saying: Hip, hip hooray, unemployment is down! What does that mean to me in my life? I need a bigger paycheck.’

MORE>https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emilie-cochran/pelosi-hip-hip-hooray-unempl...

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That ..
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 11:23am:
Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That Mean to Me?’

https://www.4catholic.com/cache/images/web/featured/thumbs/1zwchz1jbsr61f1c4mgf0...

By: Emilie Cochran
June 7, 2018

(CNSNews.com) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said at her press briefing today that although unemployment is down, government dependency is not--and that wages must rise.

CNSNews.com asked Pelosi: “The unemployment rate in May was 3.8 percent—the lowest it has been in 18 years. Is that good news?

Pelosi said: “Well, as I said, unemployment rate is one indication. The fact is, and this has happened before, that people say: Oh my goodness, that people are saying the unemployment rate is down, why isn’t my purchasing power increasing?

“So, this isn’t just about the unemployment rate, it’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored,” she said.  “Because our economy will never fully reach its possibilities unless we increase the consumer confidence and that can only be increased by a better deal, better jobs, better wages, better future, and lowering costs to families--whether its prescription drugs, by really lowering the cost of prescription drugs--and that list goes on.”

“This is one unusual time and I follow it closely, where the unemployment rate is down, but the dependence on subsidies, food insecurity, housing subsidies, and the rest, has not gone down because of the wage stagnation," she said.

"So, in terms of the national stability of America’s working families," said Pelosi, "unless we have an increase--a very significant increase in wages--bigger paychecks, we are going to increase the frustration of America’s families because they’ll be saying: Hip, hip hooray, unemployment is down! What does that mean to me in my life? I need a bigger paycheck.’

MORE>https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emilie-cochran/pelosi-hip-hip-hooray-unempl...

Does she sound like a f987g communist or what? Simple question.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Re: Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That ..
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
Does she sound like a f987g communist or what? Simple question.
Smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pelosi is a typical leftist bitch. Under her leadership, .. democrats lost the majority in the House, lost the majority in the Senate, and lost numerous Governorships, and also lost the White House!

One might believe it is time for Pelosi to go, and hang it up, .. but, no the democrats still want the worthless bitch.  Grin

In addition, .. Pelosi seems to becoming unglued and saying weird things that make no sense whatsoever, as if Alzheimers is slowly setting in.
     Cheesy

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:54am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:52am:

Pelosi is a typical leftist bitch. Under her leadership, .. democrats lost the majority in the House, lost the majority in the Senate, and lost numerous Governorships, and also lost the White House!

One might believe it is time for Pelosi to go, and hang it up, .. but, no the democrats still want the worthless bitch.  Grin

Quote:
Under her leadership, .. democrats lost the majority in the House, lost the majority in the Senate,

Pist Stu.... It cycles.

Learn from history(If that's possible for Stu) Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:54am:
Pist Stu.... It cycles.

Learn from history(If that's possible for Stu) Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pist .. Luther, nobody cares, so.. go away and make that ''possible''!  Grin

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:59am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:57am:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pist .. Luther, nobody cares, so.. go away and make that ''possible''!  Grin

No, only partisan hacks like yourself do not care

Quote:
Pist Stu.... It cycles.

True story Wink
Carry on Stu

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:03am
Print Post  

And I'm happy that they do.  She and hil's represent their party very well and accurately.  People are leaving pelosi's state by large numbers because of the high state taxes.  I guess pelosi doesn't think that state taxes (and sales tax, property tax, income tax, taxes on savings, investment taxes, etc) cut into the people's ability to buy stuff and spend their hard-earned cash.

I saw the video clip where pelosi did her little, sarcastice "Hip hip hooray" comment, and she looked so unaware of the very real problems of some of her constituents.  Those constituents are happy that people are again more able to get jobs and get off of the govt dole.  pelosi has been living off of our govt much too long, but that's California's problem, not mine, thank God. 

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:10am
Print Post  

In addition, .. Pelosi seems to becoming unglued and saying weird things that make no sense whatsoever, as if Alzheimers is slowly setting in.
     Cheesy

Poor Stu, the man that doesn't learn from history and just plays games Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:10am:
Poor Stu, the man that doesn't learn from history and just plays games Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

Speaking of playing games, do you really expect people are going to read all of this 'information'?   Anyway, do you have a point, other than you rely on Wikileaks.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:18am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:16am:
Speaking of playing games, do you really expect people are going to read all of this 'information'?   Anyway, do you have a point, other than you rely on Wikileaks.

Nah, it's simply looking at a chart for the most part Wink

The chart that shows the back and forth between party control of congress historically

That one Crepe Roll Eyes Grin

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pelosi Speaks for Workers: ‘Hip, Hip Hooray, Unemployment is Down! What Does That ..

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules