Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Credit where it's due: Trump on a roll right now (Pardons, Weed, Tariffs)
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Credit where it's due: Trump on a roll right now (Pardons, Weed, Tariffs) (Read 238 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Credit where it's due: Trump on a roll right now (Pardons, Weed, Tariffs)
Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Pardoning of Alice Johnson and seeking out similar stories for additional pardons.

Taking a stance on the lifting of the Federal ban on marijuana.

Dropping a bombshell on the G7 by proposing a removal of all tariffs and subsidies? All of them! Lol. Gangster.

Whoo-boy. He's got a lot of ground to make up, but he's rolling right now.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: Credit where it's due: Trump on a roll right now (Pardons, Weed, Tariffs)
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Indeed.

A welcome change from the focus on immigration and protectionism. And the stance on weed is awesome. This issue has the potential to make him a historic president. Of course, one wonders if he is just trying to piss off Jeff Sessions.

2017 ECONOMIST OF THE YEAR, SHOOTERMAN POSTER OF THE YEAR & LNF ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBER

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:27pm:
Pardoning of Alice Johnson and seeking out similar stories for additional pardons.

Taking a stance on the lifting of the Federal ban on marijuana.

Dropping a bombshell on the G7 by proposing a removal of all tariffs and subsidies? All of them! Lol. Gangster.

Whoo-boy. He's got a lot of ground to make up, but he's rolling right now.

Other than the pardon(Very small), the rest is just BS right?

Oh come now gentlemen, you're smarter than that Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:55pm by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:47pm:
Other than the pardon(Very small), the rest is just BS right?

I don't know. And I don't mean "I don't know" as if I'm saying it's definitely something more.

I really don't know. Trump is a narcissist, and if he receives positive response from these sorts of positions, I could see him making more of a push.

We'll see. At least he's saying it. Not many presidents have even dreamed of saying such positive things about marijuana laws and the removal of all tariffs.

You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:27pm:

Really?

Quote:
Trump Threatens To End Trade With United States' Closest Allies

President Donald Trump said Saturday at the Group of Seven summit in Quebec, Canada, that the United States would “stop trading” with some of its closest allies unless they change what he believes to be unfair trade policies.

Speaking to reporters at the annual G-7 meeting, the president said that totally eliminating trade barriers between the nations would be “the ultimate thing” and “that’s the way it should be.” He called many current tariffs on U.S. goods and services “ridiculous.”

“We’re like the piggy bank that everybody’s robbing ― and that ends,” the president said.

He later said, “It’s going to stop, or we’ll stop trading with them. And that’s a very profitable answer, if we have to do it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-threatens-end-trade-united-165446873.html

So actually what he said was, in effect, do what we want on trade or we stop trading with you (which of course is just complete bullshit like everything else he says). He also happened to say no tariffs would be "the ultimate thing". Just give him what he wants. Again, bullshit from an unfiltered mouth.

I'm looking for how what he said squares up with how you are portraying it. It's like walking into a nuke summit and saying "we just want a world without nukes, why can't we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?" All while massively ramping nuke output.

Given Trump's ACTIONS why should we believe any of the bullshit he peddles? Honest question. Where do you get that what he said wasn't just some dumbass side comment for a headline? I'm not sure he thought it through even that far. He's just stream of consciousness with 90% of his nonsense. It does NOT square with his actions before and his threats at the G7.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:45pm by Vypr »  

KW680 wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

KW680 wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Decriminalizing weed..???..   You have my attention..

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
Really?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-threatens-end-trade-united-165446873.html

So actually what he said was, in effect, do what we want on trade or we stop trading with you (which of course is just complete bullshit like everything else he says). He also happened to say no tariffs would be "the ultimate thing". Just give him what he wants. Again, bullshit from an unfiltered mouth.

I'm looking for how what he said squares up with how you are portraying it. It's like walking into a nuke summit and saying "we just want a world without nukes, why can't we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?" All while massively ramping nuke output.

Given Trump's ACTIONS why should we believe any of the bullshit he peddles? Honest question. Where do you get that what he said wasn't just some dumbass side comment for a headline? It does NOT square with his actions before and his threats at the G7.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-dropping-all-tariffs-trade-barrier...

This is the article I first saw.

I'd like to see some more information dropped in, to see what the chronology of when and how things were said. More context.

This seems like a case where the two alternate dimensions are laid clear in our partisan society and with our highly biased media outlets.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-dropping-all-tariffs-trade-barrier...

This is the article I first saw.

I'd like to see some more information dropped in, to see what the chronology of when and how things were said. More context.

This seems like a case where the two alternate dimensions are laid clear in our partisan society and with our highly biased media outlets.

Yeah, you can argue about how the different sources emphasize different aspects of what he said, and that's the partisan effect, but he SAID it. It completely undercuts any spouting by Trump about "eliminating all tariffs". He just talks shit. You have to go on actions. Actions so far:
1. Tarriffs on our closest allies.
2. Backing off on the threat of China tarriffs after they loaned Trump Inc $500 million and awarded Ivanka all her trademarks.
3. Let ZTE back into the American market after all our intelligence services said they were a security risk, also apparently tied to the nice loan the Chinese gave his business.
4. Re-threatening China tarriffs after an uproar from the right, but actually hitting Canada, the EU and Mexico instead. That was funny. Kind of a sad sort of funny.

Those are ACTIONS.

His other interesting WORDS were he wanted Russia back in the G7, which is funny considering how much they have done to deserve that privilege.

Again, Trump is stream of consciousness. His words are practically meaningless. He dwells in a stupor of his own making, where the only things he believes are what he wants to believe. But he also has the instinct to know that his ever shifting beliefs need to align in at least general terms with a segment of his supporters, preferably the most disaffected who are willing to take his bullshit at face value.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:43pm:

You're easily smart enough to know chronology doesn't matter. Context doesn't matter. He could say something on Monday and tweet the opposite on Tuesday morning after some evening phone call from Hannity the Trump whisperer. He just says ANYTHING. He has only the barest control and no filter to speak of. It just rolls out. He's a narcissist with attention deficient disorder.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
Yeah, you can argue about how the different sources emphasize different aspects of what he said, and that's the partisan effect, but he SAID it. It completely undercuts any spouting by Trump about "eliminating all tariffs". He just talks shit. You have to go on actions. Actions so far:
1. Tarriffs on our closest allies.
2. Backing off on the threat of China tarriffs after they loaned Trump Inc $500 million and awarded Ivanka all her trademarks.
3. Let ZTE back into the American market after all our intelligence services said they were a security risk, also apparently tied to the nice loan the Chinese gave his business.
4. Re-threatening China tarriffs after an uproar from the right, but actually hitting Canada, the EU and Mexico instead. That was funny. Kind of a sad sort of funny.

Those are ACTIONS.

His other interesting WORDS were he wanted Russia back in the G7, which is funny considering how much they have done to deserve that privilege.

Again, Trump is stream of consciousness. His words are practically meaningless. He dwells in a stupor of his own making, where the only things he believes are what he wants to believe. But he also has the instinct to know that his ever shifting beliefs need to align in at least general terms with a segment of his supporters, preferably the most disaffected who are willing to take his bullshit at face value.

Vypr wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:01pm:
You're easily smart enough to know chronology doesn't matter. Context doesn't matter. He could say something on Monday and tweet the opposite on Tuesday morning after some evening phone call from Hannity the Trump whisperer. He just says ANYTHING. He has only the barest control and no filter to speak of. It just rolls out. He's a narcissist with attention deficient disorder.

Ok. I'm gonna move on from this thread. Perhaps delete it. I don't want somebody to have a stroke because of something I wrote haphazardly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Credit where it's due: Trump on a roll right now (Pardons, Weed, Tariffs)

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules