Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card (Read 1,303 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card
Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 3:06pm:

Is this for the USA or the world? The white race is the majority in the USA might have something to do with it.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Is this for the USA or the world? The white race is the majority in the USA might have something to do with it.

Smiley

It's for the US, and those are RATES per 100,000 people.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 3:49pm:
- Your SAT score is effectively "discounted" by 200 points when you apply for admissions to a university.

- Your qualification test is "discounted" by 50 points when you apply for a policeman or fireman's job, or promotion in the military.

- Your application is "discounted" when you apply for a government contract or broadcast license.

- Your resume is "discounted" when you apply for a corporate job.

- Many more "discounts".

I never experienced any of those.  Or if I did, I was not aware of it and, reflecting on a life that has more in the rear view mirror than it does in front, I feel blessed.

To be sure, there have been some examples of "affirmative action" that appeared to be a tad over the top.  But I don't know of anyone who suffered from any of those "discounts," real or imagined, who would trade places with the one who was favored.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
I never experienced any of those.  Or if I did, I was not aware of it and, reflecting on a life that has more in the rear view mirror than it does in front, I feel blessed.

To be sure, there have been some examples of "affirmative action" that appeared to be a tad over the top.  But I don't know of anyone who suffered from any of those "discounts," real or imagined, who would trade places with the one who was favored.

Did you ever attend a university?  Did you ever apply for a government job?  Did you ever work for a corporation, especially one that does a lot of business with the government, like aerospace?  If you did, you'd get it shoved in your face from practically the day you walked in the door, if you DID get in the door in spite of your white skin.  And the old "it didn't happen to me so it doesn't happen" is the worst of idiocies.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Did you ever attend a university?  Did you ever apply for a government job?  Did you ever work for a corporation, especially one that does a lot of business with the government, like aerospace?  If you did, you'd get it shoved in your face from practically the day you walked in the door, if you DID get in the door in spite of your white skin.  And the old "it didn't happen to me so it doesn't happen" is the worst of idiocies.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Strawman

I am sure it's not true in YOUR case, but I do know of cases where certain parties couldn't cut the mustard and laid it off to being victims of affirmative action.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Strawman

I am sure it's not true in YOUR case, but I do know of cases where certain parties couldn't cut the mustard and laid it off to being victims of affirmative action.

There is another standard line.  Minorities and libs fight all the time, for decades, for "affirmative action", but then pretend it doesn't have any effects, or doesn't even exist.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
There is another standard line.  Minorities and libs fight all the time, for decades, for "affirmative action", but then pretend it doesn't have any effects, or doesn't even exist.

Oh, I know it exists.  And I know there are occasional real victims of it.  But I also know that losers frequently claim to be victims of it when really they're just losers.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Oh, I know it exists.  And I know there are occasional real victims of it.  But I also know that losers frequently claim to be victims of it when really they're just losers.

Yeah, I guess like Barbara Grutter.  Had the door slammed in her face for being white at the University of Michigan, even though she was more qualified than blacks they let in.  But you know what?  She was just an anomaly.  One day the admissions committee met, and someone said "Hey, we nevvvvverrrrr do this, but just for fun, let's f__K over a white applicant."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttttttttttttttt

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:20pm:
Yeah, I guess like Barbara Grutter.  Had the door slammed in her face for being white at the University of Michigan, even though she was more qualified than blacks they let in.  But you know what?  She was just an anomaly.  One day the admissions committee met, and someone said "Hey, we nevvvvverrrrr do this, but just for fun, let's f__K over a white applicant."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttttttttttttttt

Another strawman.  You have a sack full of 'em!

If you've been passed over for jobs and promotions, it might have as much to do with your personality as your skin color.  You come across as a very bitter person.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Another strawman.  You have a sack full of 'em!

Strawman?   What are you talking about?

Quote:
If you've been passed over for jobs and promotions, it might have as much to do with your personality as your skin color.  You come across as a very bitter person.

Looks like you've run out of facts and arguments (actually, you haven't presented any) so you resort to a personal attack.  Stop cluttering the thread - leave it clear for people who want to DEBATE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules