Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card (Read 1,299 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card
Reply #110 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
It was a METAPHOR.  Roll Eyes

You're trying to blur over the institutionalized anti-white racism my conflating it with normal obstacles.  SURE everyone encounters obstacles.  For example, I had little money in university, that caused problems, nobody's fault.  That's ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from state-sponsored, unconstitutional, immoral, irrational racist discrimination.

Were the blacks who suffered from Jim Crow laws in the 1950s dead beats just trying to blame others?  Everyone who makes a complaint isn't a dead beat. 

Ah, so you do believe that racism is an obstacle for blacks.  Now we are getting somewhere.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #111 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
No, it's a class that the liberal establishment has selected out for unjust treatment.  THEY are the ones who started it.  It's idiotic to blame me for pointing out the collective lunacy that they created!

Oh I don't think that's even half way true. Tribalism is much older than the "liberal establishment."

And why would you self identify in a way that your enemy has determined for you, if that is indeed what has happened?

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #112 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Ah, so you do believe that racism is an obstacle for blacks.  Now we are getting somewhere.

Nooooooooo........... this is 2018, not 1950.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #113 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:13pm:
Oh I don't think that's even half way true. Tribalism is much older than the "liberal establishment."

And why would you self identify in a way that your enemy has determined for you, if that is indeed what has happened?

You're completely confused.  Suppose a vigilante group formed and started hunting down every libertarian they could find.  Would you complain about it?  If you did, I could say "NYAHHHHHHH NYAHHHHH COLLECTIVIST SHOWS HIS TRUE COLORS!"  Grin

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #114 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:17pm:
Nooooooooo........... this is 2018, not 1950.

And just as you believe that your obstacles are racist, so do many blacks

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #115 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:22pm:
And just as you believe that your obstacles are racist, so do many blacks

But facts are distinguishable from their beliefs.  The whole country is rigged for their benefit.  Besides the "affirmative action" that infects every institution in America, there are other things, such as the way the liberal media cheerleads for blacks and defames white men 24/7.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #116 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:20pm:
You're completely confused.  Suppose a vigilante group formed and started hunting down every libertarian they could find.  Would you complain about it?  If you did, I could say "NYAHHHHHHH NYAHHHHH COLLECTIVIST SHOWS HIS TRUE COLORS!"  Grin

One can complain about the insanity of the SJW world, the issues with affirmative action, the non-issue of the pay gap, and point to all the problems with notions of cultural exploitation, mansplaining and white privilege and do so without being a collectivist. And do so without self identifying with white males as some kind of a victim group.

Resistance to leftwing collectivism does not necessitate us embracing some form of right wing collectivism.

To the extent we do so, we undermine the valid criticisms we have of the SJW world view.

In order to criticize the left wing collectivists, we need to be rooted in a thorough individualism. If we are rooted in any kind of tribal group think with other white people, we lose all ability to criticize the SJW enemy. Now its just one tribe against the other. There is no higher principle to appeal to.

And then "woke" white people become just another "flavor" of PC- a right wing version of the left's victimhood politics. That's no way to move forward in this grand discussion. It would be a losing position.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #117 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:28pm:
One can complain about the insanity of the SJW world, the issues with affirmative action, the non-issue of the pay gap, and point to all the problems with notions of cultural exploitation, mansplaining and white privilege and do so without being a collectivist. And do so without self identifying with white males as some kind of a victim group.

We are unproductively going in circles.  It's the LIBERAL ELITE who have selected out a group, defined by their race and gender, for unjust treatment.  THEY DID IT! Why don't you get that?  But I'm supposed to pretend it isn't the way it is, otherwise I'm a collectivist??

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #118 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:32pm:
We are unproductively going in circles.  It's the LIBERAL ELITE who have selected out a group, defined by their race and gender, for unjust treatment.  THEY DID IT! Why don't you get that?  But I'm supposed to pretend it isn't the way it is, otherwise I'm a collectivist??

I don't think that's what is being said.

You can be against the whole swath of race relations based social policy without being a collectivist. So that's not the issue.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #119 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
I don't think that's what is being said.

You can be against the whole swath of race relations based social policy without being a collectivist. So that's not the issue.

-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!------

---AUTONOMOUS AI MONITOR HAS DETECTED CIRCULAR DEBATE WHIRLPOOL----

---WARNING ----- WARNING ---DEBATE BEING SHUT DOWN ---WARNING ----- WARNING ---

-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!-------BEEP!------

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oops - someone forgot to sign up for their white privilege card

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules